[HH1.0] Black Shields Tactica

exsanguis

So am I correct in reading that Blackshields can take the Army of Dark Compliance theme? Because Space Pirates army is a definite go for me. Sure things like Outlanders teleporting won't transfer, but it would make for a really thematic army.

I'm not sure. Looked through it all, but I can't find any specific permission or restriction.

Not sure it's in the spirit of the themes to cross them over like that, but it could be interesting...

Maybe, but no Reaver Lord.

You can still take one, but he won't be the Warlord. Which is fine, so you can kit him for CC, throw him in with Ogryn in an Eagle and go to town without worrying about giving up a VP.

I'm not sure. Looked through it all, but I can't find any specific permission or restriction.

Not sure it's in the spirit of the themes to cross them over like that, but it could be interesting...

Black Shields aren't an AoD Theme. They're just an army.

I like the idea of Black Shields taking over a stranded militia or hiring out as mercs alongside other human mercs. Though I suppose it might be the other way around and that Armies of Dark compliance can take Blackshields? These two themes that combine armies blur the line.

I'd tend to say no.

Both items fall under the same bullet points list under the ReaverLord entry, along with (amongst others) the DigiLasers. If you look at the Terminator armour options, DigiLasers are listed at the same cost, but Rad'nades and familiars are not...

That was my concern. But maybe the Termie Sgt can, because in the special rule outlanders states that any character can take rad grenades, right? Will this special rule also give the option of rad grenades to the Lord? Because in TDA he has no acces to it and states that any character who have no access to rad grenades can take it for the price of two melta bombs. Sadly says nothing about the cyber familiar :(

If you take Outlanders, then the Terminator Reaver Lord can take rad grenades. But only in this specific circumstance.

Normal Reaver Lord has much better options IMHO.

Well, just fancied a Lord in TDA, 2-iC to the Nemean Reaver and I had in mind Halo Blade, Cataphractii, cyber-familiar (inviable), and Rad grenades, nothing too fancy, but due our lack of Consul options (only one) thought that a second Lord could make better than a bare Centurion to give some punch (and concerns). I have the one of B@C converted, and would be a shame not to use it.

The normal Lord can take a 2+/3++ while the TDA Lord would be stuck at 2+/4++ without the ability to sweep. The only reason to take TDA would be if you took a combi plasma, but that's at the cost of things like rad grenades, bikes, etc.

A consul would probably do better in TDA if you're taking a termi unit.

Really wish the Halo Blade had rending at least. It's good but just not quite there.

Hi ... 

I sat there and wondered how it would be possible to make good use of the "Legion" and came up with is this: take a rule "outlanders" with an easy spam groups of tactical supports with meltaguns against Imperial Knight and mech-rosters...
or versus mechanicus tss with plasmaguns
and we can get the cultist with Thained flesh and Zealot to the ally detachment

I am leaning towards Outlanders for Rad and throwing lots of Heavy Chainswords, so give me that instakill option. Along with Chainaxes and Power Axes, seems like they can be a truly disgusting CC unit. 

Really, really hoping the new Red book enables Apothecaries to join Marauder squads. I know that is doubtful, but it would be absolutely gross if possible. 

How are people planning delivery? Fluff seems to say Storm Eagles fit them well, but honestly, hard to not look to the Spartan. Thoughts?

How are people planning delivery? Fluff seems to say Storm Eagles fit them well, but honestly, hard to not look to the Spartan. Thoughts?

I'm finding it very hard to resist the idea of throwing a Caestus assault ram in my list. :cool.:

If only it wasn't so ugly and ungainly looking. :(

I'm finding it very hard to resist the idea of throwing a Caestus assault ram in my list. :cool.:

If only it wasn't so ugly and ungainly looking. :sad.:

Yeah, I used to feel that way too, but it grew on me. 

And aren't you saving up for 2 Mastodons anyway? :wink:

Good god no! I may get one, if it is not too expensive. Even then, I am looking for alternatives that are a bit more fluffy. As much as I love the Mastodon model, I may go for a Thunderhawk instead. It just makes more sense... but ugh. So much resin, so much work, so clunky-looking.

Might just wind up cramming in a slew of Spartans! :)

Good god no! I may get one, if it is not too expensive. Even then, I am looking for alternatives that are a bit more fluffy. As much as I love the Mastodon model, I may go for a Thunderhawk instead. It just makes more sense... but ugh. So much resin, so much work, so clunky-looking.

Might just wind up cramming in a slew of Spartans! :smile.:

Yes! Spartans for everyone! :biggrin.:

for the orphans of war option it says characters get the preferred enemy (character) special rule. Preferred enemy says as long as a single model in a unit has the rule the entire unit benefits from it if they are attacking their preferred enemy. So if nearly every unit comes with a character in the form of a sergeant do you get to re-roll 1's when attacking a unit as long as he is alive?