The future of Sisters

MrFlutterPie

I wonder if sisters will be merged with guard.

If this will provide my Adepta Sororitas army with more Ordnance weapons, I'm willing to tolerate such action- bring on the Basilisks, the Leman Russ battle tanks, and their cannons! However, the Sisters infantry have a unique profile- no Astra Militarum infantry unit has a 3+ armor save- so we can't just have a Sister "count as" a Tempestus Scion (storm trooper).

Our original stat line was equal to a space marine so I would likely use that to represent them... if for some reason all copies of the Sisters codex no longer exist, mine has somehow perished with age and opponents won't let me use a fandex/older dex. So I'm good to the year 2300 at least.

I actually disagree. I think it's much more interesting to look at fictional characters - especially protagonist/hero types - through the lens of our own culture.

Fiction - science fiction especially, although fantasy can never quite escape it - is a reflection, often dark, of the psychology of the culture that creates it. By looking at what we create - what shape our heroes and anti-heroes take - we can learn some really interesting things about ourselves, too.

My favorite definition of writing is taking yourself peice by peice and selling it to the reader.

That said, while it's interesting to analyze a character as part of it's creator and seeing where that creator's ideals came from when it comes to deciding if someone is supposed to be good or bad I don't use my ideals, or even try and guess the creator's. I use the ideals of the setting they're in. It's more honest to the intent of what the character should be in my opinion.

But we're just splitting hairs at this point regarding literary analysis. Anyways, I need to get back to writing a fatansy dieselpunk story about a woman who takes the title king when she's left as the only royal family member left alive post massive war in where the country was on the losing side, to hold the position though she needs a queen and ends up marrying a woman who had been helping nurse her injuries from a massive case of steel rain on the capital.

My intent is just writing the sort of thing I think would be interesting to read, though I'm sure if the thing ever manages to sell someone will come up with all sorts of interesting ways to read between the lines.

While I would love to read that when it's done, it's sadly not board appropriate. ^^;

Sad but true. I was just interjecting my viewpoint as a writer and giving an example of something I'm working on as something that will likely be interpreted differently than my intention of just wanting to write a story that I'd be interested in reading.

Sometimes the best example is one's own self afterall.

Back to the topic at large, I don't know if Sisters really have to fear anything based on the Tomb Kings. I mean if we did the all metal Army would have seen the treatment first over the one that is almost entirely plastic.

Warrior fish I hope your right, but I don't have faith based on what they've done with tomb kings and black templars.

That said, when I said merged with guard I mentioned as unique units, just part of a combined codex.

Like, an Elite slot or something? I'm down if that happens.

Although, I personally see the Sisters getting rolled with Inquisition, Stormtroopers and Assassins in one big physical codex before they get merged into the Guard.

Rules are not the problem for sisters, though it will be a sad day if it becomes so, such as being merged into another codex. And before black templars fans call me a hypocrite for minding a sisters merge will laughing at their pain, sisters don't have five codices' worth of rules and plastic models. tongue.png

Unbound makes me happy if plastics come; that way I can have sicaran battle tanks, vindicators, baal predators with twin-linked assault cannons and heavy bolter sponsons, scorpius whirlwinds (when I don't want to count my current one as an exorcist), drop pods... msn-wink.gif

Warrior fish I hope your right, but I don't have faith based on what they've done with tomb kings and black templars.

That said, when I said merged with guard I mentioned as unique units, just part of a combined codex.

Templars where originally just an add on book spun into a 3rd ed Codex. Honestly they're in a better place now than they were on their own (fluff loss aside that is). That said I don't see Sisters being able to be rolled in so easilly. They are such a stand alone faction that really I'd expect them to go full Ecclesiarchy instead.

Actually if it goes from "Sisters" to "Ecclesiarchy" as the codex's focus it could very well explain the delays. It'd take some time to design and expand that whole side of the Imperium into an army.

Given that Imperial Knights, Skitarri, Adeptus Mechanicus, Harlequins, Heresy era Power Armour/Terminator Armour/Dreadnoughts, Wulfen, Deathwatch and Genestealer Cults have all been introduced or re-introduced into the game with plastic models I don't think its beyond all hope that Sisters might get new models.  GW seem to be on a roll with their latest runs of plastic sculpts, and I can't imagine that 'sleeves' would be any problem now if that is what was stopping them in the past.  And if I had to bet on anything, I'd say maybe a board game involving Battle Sisters and some other force like with Betrayal at Calth or Deathwatch: Overkill.

Posted · Hidden by *Furyou Miko, March 3, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by *Furyou Miko, March 3, 2016 - No reason given

Yes, supposedly them and Deathwatch are getting a wider release.

They have a game at least and the Deathwatch models have rules from what I gather, but I haven't seen all the images.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by *Furyou Miko, March 3, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by *Furyou Miko, March 3, 2016 - No reason given

I've been picking up any Sister's models that come through my local game shop whenever I can in fear of the dwindling stock. Don't think i'll ever have enough to start an army but I've always found them to be such iconic sculpts.

Given that Imperial Knights, Skitarri, Adeptus Mechanicus, Harlequins, Heresy era Power Armour/Terminator Armour/Dreadnoughts, Wulfen, Deathwatch and Genestealer Cults have all been introduced or re-introduced into the game with plastic models I don't think its beyond all hope that Sisters might get new models.  GW seem to be on a roll with their latest runs of plastic sculpts, and I can't imagine that 'sleeves' would be any problem now if that is what was stopping them in the past.  And if I had to bet on anything, I'd say maybe a board game involving Battle Sisters and some other force like with Betrayal at Calth or Deathwatch: Overkill.

As knights,skitarri, harlequins and stealer cults are all concepts that originate from Jes Goodwin there is reason to be optimistic that we may see a plastic re-vamp of SoB as I remember him sculpting most of the original range. While GW pruning the fantasy line of the low sellers may be cause for concern, you could also see their removal as potentially opening up shelf space for more 40k/30k expansion.

Course that's the glass half full view. One would hope that it's not simply a case of "can't market them to our target demographic" that pushes them down in priority.

• 1 month later...

Templars where originally just an add on book spun into a 3rd ed Codex. Honestly they're in a better place now than they were on their own (fluff loss aside that is). That said I don't see Sisters being able to be rolled in so easilly. They are such a stand alone faction that really I'd expect them to go full Ecclesiarchy instead.

Actually if it goes from "Sisters" to "Ecclesiarchy" as the codex's focus it could very well explain the delays. It'd take some time to design and expand that whole side of the Imperium into an army.

4th edition. Templars were a fourth edition codex.

That said, I just don't have as much faith as you do. With the amount of stuff being slowly discontinued, and the codex being bundled with other imperial forces, I see a merge coming. Maybe I'm off about guard. But it's not looking to good.

I've been picking up any Sister's models that come through my local game shop whenever I can in fear of the dwindling stock. Don't think i'll ever have enough to start an army but I've always found them to be such iconic sculpts.

Given that Imperial Knights, Skitarri, Adeptus Mechanicus, Harlequins, Heresy era Power Armour/Terminator Armour/Dreadnoughts, Wulfen, Deathwatch and Genestealer Cults have all been introduced or re-introduced into the game with plastic models I don't think its beyond all hope that Sisters might get new models. GW seem to be on a roll with their latest runs of plastic sculpts, and I can't imagine that 'sleeves' would be any problem now if that is what was stopping them in the past. And if I had to bet on anything, I'd say maybe a board game involving Battle Sisters and some other force like with Betrayal at Calth or Deathwatch: Overkill.

As knights,skitarri, harlequins and stealer cults are all concepts that originate from Jes Goodwin there is reason to be optimistic that we may see a plastic re-vamp of SoB as I remember him sculpting most of the original range. While GW pruning the fantasy line of the low sellers may be cause for concern, you could also see their removal as potentially opening up shelf space for more 40k/30k expansion.

Course that's the glass half full view. One would hope that it's not simply a case of "can't market them to our target demographic" that pushes them down in priority.

The concern is, sisters are a low seller. Yes more room Is being opened up, but I see that for more higher selling stuff.

4th edition. Templars were a fourth edition codex.

That said, I just don't have as much faith as you do. With the amount of stuff being slowly discontinued, and the codex being bundled with other imperial forces, I see a merge coming. Maybe I'm off about guard. But it's not looking to good.

Templars first got units in the 3ed Armageddon codex.

The beauty of a digital only codex is that it costs GW absolutely nothing to just leave it be. If things were as bleak folks think for Sisters, GW is less likely to spend more money to merge them into something else.

Codex just needs a few formations to fix the broken units in the Dex. Perhaps not likely, but more than a merger.

And a couple units need tweaks. Dominions having flamers makes their act of faith pointless...celestians make me sad....and I want jump pack canoness.

But I agree by and large they could make them fit more in a 7th environment easily by a few formations and a Decurion like one.

Archived