The future of Sisters

MrFlutterPie

That rumour's old as dirt, and any legal team negotiations would be incredibly strange since they're GW property being sold by GW under the GW imprints.

Maybe the legal conflict is between GW and the author who wrote the fluff- or artist who drew the art- for GW, and claims a portion of the profits for his/her work (GW already went through a similar conflict regarding Malal).

That's not how it works at all.

In the case of Malal, he was a pre-existing character whose owner happened to work in the studio at the time of the release and threw him in there as an easter egg. When he left the company, he retained the rights to Malal, which left GW in an awkward position. They could either lease the rights, or drop the character.

The Sisters as an IP are owned entirely by Games Workshop. When someone produces official Sisters art, they do so on commission - GW pays them, they make the piece of artwork described in the brief, and then that piece of artwork belongs to GW forever.

The only rights commission artists generally retain are those pertaining to using the image for self-promotion. So an artist could display a print of a piece they did on commission in their studio or gallery, but they then couldn't sell prints of it - because the image is owned by Games Workshop. The artist just did the work.

Yes, can we please put this IP stuff to bed now? The only thing it could be is in names, as with how GW has renamed things previously to make them more unique (e.g. paints) - but the Sisters stuff is already unique so this shouldn't be necessary unless GW is feeling particularly paranoid. Even so, slapping some new names on things doesn't take long.

If Sisters need to be tweaked to survive, fine. All I ask is they still feel like over-the-top space nuns when they're done (but not stripper nuns).

Is it really surviving if the army's atheistic is changed? Either way, this is an inconsequential hypothetical that we have no control over the reality of (I'm not sure that sentence even grammars). I just don't like change (part of the reason I picked up sisters)
Losing the Fluer-de-lys (aka the only none unique symbol on them) would not break my heart, no. I don't know what else could change other than maybe dropping some of the angel motif stuff.

If Sisters need to be tweaked to survive, fine. All I ask is they still feel like over-the-top space nuns when they're done (but not stripper nuns).

Is it really surviving if the army's atheistic is changed? Either way, this is an inconsequential hypothetical that we have no control over the reality of (I'm not sure that sentence even grammars). I just don't like change (part of the reason I picked up sisters)
Losing the Fluer-de-lys (aka the only none unique symbol on them) would not break my heart, no. I don't know what else could change other than maybe dropping some of the angel motif stuff.

I think it would mainly be about changes in proportion and smaller stylings rather than wholesale reconstruction.

Rather than starting a new topic, I thought I'd post this here:

I've just come back from Warhammer Fest and I have something to tell you all - The Repressor IS coming back! As many have been told over the last few months, the mold was beyond repair and they are having to rebuild it from scratch. It's also advertised in the 2016 FW catalogue. The other thing - the Immolator. Basically, the plastic injector that makes the canopies bite the dust and was one of the reasons why it is no longer available. However, the FW staffer said that they had managed to find around 100 of the canopies somewhere, so in the near future, it WILL be available again, but once they are gone - THEY ARE GONE! So keep your eyes peeled on the GW site!

When I was in the queue and saw the page below, I thought I was given an older catalogue! laugh.png

med_gallery_51296_8390_584423.jpg

In my haste, I forgot to add - Alan Bligh of Forge World was asked a question regarding the updating of Imperial Armour: Aeronautica (for the Avenger fighter) and the Death from the Skies supplement. He said no reprinting of the book to include any changes because of the DftS book is likely yet (there are a lot of books that need finishing first), but not impossible. he did, however say that it was very likely that an FAQ will be issued at some point.

To add to this, I asked Forge World about the Repressors' ETA on their site:

Link to Facebook post (under my "real name"). It's still up in the air, but they haven't denied it's return either... happy.png

Speaking of Repressors, someone on Facebook made their own using a Vindicator. I might try it myself, even if the Vindi is rather expensive at £35! blink.png

I approve of this. Two questions though. Does it come in Our Martyred Lady color scheme and where are the fire points measured from?

That's a drawback of this conversion. There should be a raised section over the top, which I don't think would be hard to accomplish with plasticard and foam core.

It's a pain i feel only to keenly. I'm suffering from a lack of modeled firepoints for my Immolators if the FAQed fire point comes through from draft to final publication. Currently I use the spare turret from the AS vehicle accessory sprue that comes with the Exorcist on a rhino in a kind of pseudo razorback configuration... it loses about an inch of range when shooting directly forwards, which for multimelta isn't the end of the world (apart from the one occasion of AS Vs AS where my immos were an inch out of melta range and his were in because of correct modeling), but does make a difference for templates. 

Does anyone know of a good looking way to either replicate the AS vehicle top plate / canopy or how to do a simple but good looking conversion? The only things I can really think of would be doing something with plasticard conversion, which i have no experiance of doing. 3D printing, I've got access to a 3D printer at work but haven't been able to find a cad file for it and don't know how to go about creating my own. or recasting, again something i don't have experience with.

I like this one better, basic rhino kit, flamer for the pintle on rhino turret, some plasticard and cities of death small wall pieces.  Exorcist plates and Immolator bits and a 7 dollar dozer blade from modelsandminis.com.  Doors and plates are optional I guess if you want to save some cash or have luck with decals. 

Vow 15

Vow 14

13000199 1599334017053947 4939535004146753958 N

Vow 12

Vow 13

Last two images are nearly painted, but without the dozer blades attached, still wondering how I am going to paint those.  Weapons are at the right place and the three side windows on the gothic bit up top serve as fire points.

Yep, I have four currently in the painting stages, two for the Vow.  Still debating on the dozer blades whether or not to use gold for them.  Too over the top or just enough crazy to be Sisters kind of crazy?  If you leave off the exorcist side panels and forgeworld Sisters doors they are really cheap.  I bought Exorcists to get Immolators for my upcoming Sacred Rose, so I have the metal and forgeworld doors were so much better than anything else. \

Only problem is the darn minaret tops are sharp.

A dozer blade will see hard and heavy use, meaning it'll get scratched up very badly. Gold paint would be pointless on a dozer blade, but they're your models- just claim the blades are made of a gold colored, super hard alloy that resists the scratching it would otherwise suffer from.

A dozer blade will see hard and heavy use, meaning it'll get scratched up very badly. Gold paint would be pointless on a dozer blade, but they're your models- just claim the blades are made of a gold colored, super hard alloy that resists the scratching it would otherwise suffer from.

Or, The tech priests are super obsessive about fixing the paint job every time the tank enters the garage.

Perhaps the precious gold in the dozer blade is so infused with the faith of the Sororitas fighting beside the Repressor that it has become invulnerable to anything short of an anti-tank round....

Again, I'm not sure about it, I have scrolls and purity seals and Aquila on the dozer blades, would they look best painted black and highlighted to match the vehicle with the scrapes and scratches picked out?  Or is there room to use them to take the zealot crazy to 11 in there somewhere?

Perhaps the precious gold in the dozer blade is so infused with the faith of the Sororitas fighting beside the Repressor that it has become invulnerable to anything short of an anti-tank round....

Again, I'm not sure about it, I have scrolls and purity seals and Aquila on the dozer blades, would they look best painted black and highlighted to match the vehicle with the scrapes and scratches picked out?  Or is there room to use them to take the zealot crazy to 11 in there somewhere?

Just claim the dozer blade is made of a "gold colored, super hard alloy," like Cybertronian Electrum. As for purity seals, I think they should be on the sides or the back of the dozer blade- if you put them in front, they'll naturally be scraped away when the blade is used.

When converting standard Rhino chassis into Immolators, your best bet is the Razorback/Predator top plate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/IK%20and%2040K/My%20Projects/20160524_090144_zps4d71hzc0.jpg

You can also use the rhino hatches as a top plate at the back, cut them so there's an obvious hatch-edge before the edge of the razorback plate, and put the razorback plate on as in the above images.

No, I haven't done any in that style. That said, what I'm doing for my ETL Rhino could work as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/IK%20and%2040K/Sororitas/ETL/20160515_203910_zpsaukm8lhb.jpg

I've actually magnetised the storm bolter on the little turret there so I can swap it for a twin-linked heavy flamer (off a shadowsword) or twin-linked multi-melta (don't have the bitz ready, but devastator parts should do it).

Anyway, if push comes to shove, put the razorback ring in with the ring forwards and just call the little hatch that's meant to be for the loader or whatever the fire point.

Archived