The future of Sisters

MrFlutterPie

Regarding Immolators: Does this mean Forge World will manufacture a conversion kit for Razorbacks, and that Immolators will count as Razorbacks when 'Codex: Adepta Sororitas' is updated (whenever that happens)? Or will Forge World manufacture a new Immolator, possibly one without the gunner's windscreen?

Doubtful. FW haven't produced an Immolator kit for at least ten years. We're more likely to get a new GW one.

What i would like to know is why they don't just make a mould for the clear plastic injectors they use for the aircraft canopies they're bringing out left, right and centre. Sure, it's flimsier plastic, but it's a hard sell that the Immo needs it in the first place.

I can only go by what I was told. I did think that it was a flimsy reason at best...

It does seem like a poor excuse but equally it could still be genuine - it's just the sort of thing a pen pushing know-nothing would do when informed that part of a kit can no longer be produced at present mellow.png If true I will be grabbing one or two, you can never have too many.

This did remind me of the old GW bits orders from way back when. I bought extra clear canopies so I could have one chassis be a Immolator or a Rhino!

Regarding Immolators: Does this mean Forge World will manufacture a conversion kit for Razorbacks, and that Immolators will count as Razorbacks when 'Codex: Adepta Sororitas' is updated (whenever that happens)? Or will Forge World manufacture a new Immolator, possibly one without the gunner's windscreen?

Immolators are already treated like Razorbacks by GW (no firing points, same points cost for upgrades..)

A bit of a lame reason to discontinue the Immolator, for sure. Especially as they don't even make the rest of the Sisters-specific parts of the kit available anywhere! If it does come back in stock for that limited ~100 vehicle run at the old price, I might grab one despite not having even played at all for over a year. I tried ordering one a year ago from a local retailer, they couldn't get it, didn't get around to ordering from GW and then it was already gone.

That rumour's old as dirt, and any legal team negotiations would be incredibly strange since they're GW property being sold by GW under the GW imprints.

Maybe the legal conflict is between GW and the author who wrote the fluff- or artist who drew the art- for GW, and claims a portion of the profits for his/her work (GW already went through a similar conflict regarding Malal).

I don't understand the IP rights rumour. GW has marketed SoB for decades and still does. Where was this mysterious legal issue when the digital codex came out? Or the White Dwarf codex before it? Or the Witch Hunters codex? Or the original SoB codex and the White Dwarf/Chapter Approved materials of 2nd and 3rd edition? Where was it when FFG published two or three RPG books for GW that featured SoB? Where was it when Soulstorm was released?

Where the hell did this rumour even come from?

I don't understand the IP rights rumour. GW has marketed SoB for decades and still does. Where was this mysterious legal issue when the digital codex came out? Or the White Dwarf codex before it? Or the Witch Hunters codex? Or the original SoB codex and the White Dwarf/Chapter Approved materials of 2nd and 3rd edition? Where was it when FFG published two or three RPG books for GW that featured SoB? Where was it when Soulstorm was released?

Considering how poorly they're covered I think the total amount of real marketing Sisters have had would be less than two years of their total run when added up.

It was a claim that passed through the grapevine apparently from someone iside of GW but as I said before I can't verify it as true or false so I figured I'd share it.

Considering how poorly they're covered I think the total amount of real marketing Sisters have had would be less than two years of their total run when added up.

It was a claim that passed through the grapevine apparently from someone iside of GW but as I said before I can't verify it as true or false so I figured I'd share it.

It's been FIVE YEARS since Games Workshop wrote rules for this army ON PAPER, and not everyone uses eBooks. It's been... when was the last time Games Workshop introduced a BRAND NEW model for this army? (Uriah Jacobus is apparently the reuse of an old mold- the character was listed in 'Codex: Sisters of Battle' for SECOND EDITION- so I doubt he counts.)

Why the delay? The "legal dispute over intellectual property" rumor is a good an explanation as any, considering we haven't heard anything from Games Workshop itself.

Kyrinov was a rerelease in the same way but fell out of the new codex. Guess his old mold wore out and they didn't remake it. Likewise for other missing metal models.

Honestly without being inside of the meetings to know what's going on I couldn't fathom to guess. Maybe Sisters will see a name over to make them more unique in terms of iconography or they didn't want to open a can of worms with Raging Hormones and were waiting to see what they looked like or maybe it is a dispute with some of the guys who don't work there anymore.

I don't honestly know. I wish I did but I don't.

Kyrinov was a rerelease in the same way but fell out of the new codex. Guess his old mold wore out and they didn't remake it. Likewise for other missing metal models.

Honestly without being inside of the meetings to know what's going on I couldn't fathom to guess. Maybe Sisters will see a name over to make them more unique in terms of iconography or they didn't want to open a can of worms with Raging Hormones and were waiting to see what they looked like or maybe it is a dispute with some of the guys who don't work there anymore.

Is anyone else having nightmares of frustrated former Adepta Sororitas players claiming their army is one of "Female Space Marines" (link NSFW), for the same damn reason

an Astra Militarum unit accepted Tzeentch's help in order to defeat a Daemon of Nurgle

in Fulkes' own story?

So since we're referencing my story, for clarification:

Do we mean for the reason that they have little to no choice as the other option is just as bad (in this case having a useless Army instead of facing a dishonorable death) or because we're going into damnation instead of just lying down and awaiting the end?[spoiler

Also I am honored my little story got referenced in such a way.

The end result is the same, i.e., players acting in desperation to ensure their army is playable in games, and the resources they spent assembling this army- money to purchase models, sweat and tears expended as they painstakingly assembled and then painted the models to their satisfaction, to say nothing of the time consumed- are not wasted. Does it matter if these players think, "We have no choice! If we don't play them as 'Female Space Marines', we won't get to play at all!" or "censored.gif Games Workshop! They can Squat my army when they give me a new one- pre-assembled and pre-painted in the colors of my choice- for free!" as they put their army on the table?

This is why I kinda don't want gw to touch the sisters, because they'd probably go screw it up. I don't want a change in symbols or flavor. I want the same stuff we already have (model and fluff wise) in plastics, with updated rules. Anything else is worse than nothing.

Actually, I understand why GW would hit the sisters with the Nerf bat, given the way they have been dominating the tournament scene lately.

(Um, this is the reality where the Cubs have won the World Series for the last six years, right?  If not, please disregard this post, because I may not be where I'm supposed to be.:))

If Sisters need to be tweaked to survive, fine. All I ask is they still feel like over-the-top space nuns when they're done (but not stripper nuns).

Is it really surviving if the army's atheistic is changed? Either way, this is an inconsequential hypothetical that we have no control over the reality of (I'm not sure that sentence even grammars). I just don't like change (part of the reason I picked up sisters)

Well, I was always thought the Sisters metal range is one of the best minis to ever come out of GW. The background too - so perfectly original: All female, gothic, ecclesiastical warriors... I mean that is a totally original thing and they managed to fit it perfectly in the existing background! The mini with the Sister pulling the pin of a frag grenade with her teeth? Oh, boy, this alone can sell you the entire faction! No Marine or Guard mini comes close to that level of coolness! And since Kyrinov was mentioned, that was an amazing mini too - so evocative for the Sisters / Ecclesiarchy background. 

Yet the faction remains largely unsupported... :( 

I think the core imagery was a successful one, but if GW thinks at some point that a revamp is in order, one cannot exclude the possibility of re-thinking the "look" of the basic Sister. Especially if it also has to do with moulding and miniature design issues. I'll keep an open mind on that front but I sure hope the look remains as is. Except from the overweight, too BDSM, Mistress of Repentance! :P

But as a collector of the Ebon Chalice, I do look forward to see some support for the faction.

Well, I was always thought the Sisters metal range is one of the best minis to ever come out of GW. The background too - so perfectly original: All female, gothic, ecclesiastical warriors... I mean that is a totally original thing and they managed to fit it perfectly in the existing background! The mini with the Sister pulling the pin of a frag grenade with her teeth? Oh, boy, this alone can sell you the entire faction! No Marine or Guard mini comes close to that level of coolness! And since Kyrinov was mentioned, that was an amazing mini too - so evocative for the Sisters / Ecclesiarchy background.

Yet the faction remains largely unsupported... sad.png

I think the core imagery was a successful one, but if GW thinks at some point that a revamp is in order, one cannot exclude the possibility of re-thinking the "look" of the basic Sister. Especially if it also has to do with moulding and miniature design issues. I'll keep an open mind on that front but I sure hope the look remains as is. Except from the overweight, too BDSM, Mistress of Repentance! tongue.png

But as a collector of the Ebon Chalice, I do look forward to see some support for the faction.

Yes. The exception is the Repentia. I want to see them redone. I've written them out of my order for the time being (although I have a full squad).

Archived