The Expeditions of Forgeworld Halo Prime (Pictures)

MoGuy

Are they going to be the same 80's fading blue that looks so awesome? 

Nice to know that you like it. But no, the Secutarii will probably get a dark green. Thinking about mixing Caliban Green with Incubi Darkness. I have to see how that actually looks next to my blue models but once I have made up my mind, I'll post pictures. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Finishing up 10 of my 20 Secutarii Peltasts. Here's the progress so far:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/79611c-1475622333.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/13ba50-1475622445.jpg

Instead of the usual blue I went for a green with a blend into a green-blue at the bottom of the cloak. On the pictures the magnified edgehighlights seem very dominant but in person they look very neat. Almost looks as if the cloak was made from dimly fluorescent material. Base colour is Waagh! Flesh which I gradualy blendet into Incubi Darkness. I might go for a bit more Incubi Darkness since the blend is very subtle...

All that's left now is to finish up the purity seals and the guns as well as the bases. C&C is always welcome! smile.png

Looking very good :) I've also been experimenting with a green colour scheme for some Skitarii, and found (to my surprise) that having the inside of the cloak be a rather desaturated orange looked rather nice. Is yours going to remain white?

Looking very good smile.png I've also been experimenting with a green colour scheme for some Skitarii, and found (to my surprise) that having the inside of the cloak be a rather desaturated orange looked rather nice. Is yours going to remain white?

Do you have any images of your Skitarii yet? I'm happy to see green Skitarii are becoming more common. The codex has Forge Worlds gossiping about each other based on the shade of red they use so having green livery must make us flat out rebellious! tongue.png

Looking very good smile.png I've also been experimenting with a green colour scheme for some Skitarii, and found (to my surprise) that having the inside of the cloak be a rather desaturated orange looked rather nice. Is yours going to remain white?

Do you have any images of your Skitarii yet? I'm happy to see green Skitarii are becoming more common. The codex has Forge Worlds gossiping about each other based on the shade of red they use so having green livery must make us flat out rebellious! tongue.png

Well, of course mine are going to be traitors tongue.png But for the moment I haven't even got a full test model done ^^

So today I finished half of my Secutarii Peltasts. The other 10 models are also assembled but nothing more.

Here are some pictures of the Titanguard doing their job:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/aad26f-1475710817.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/084eaf-1475710831.jpg

Their green robes look pretty good next to my blue models. On these pictures, the blend is also better visible. I'm exited to get some games in with these guys. biggrin.png

Well, of course mine are going to be traitors tongue.png

Get out of my thread you traitorous scum! This is a place for the true followers of the Omnissiah! :P ;)

Well, of course mine are going to be traitors tongue.png

Get out of my thread you traitorous scum! This is a place for the true followers of the Omnissiah! :P ;)

Oh no problems, they still follow the omnissiah - only, they also believe his name is hashut and that he is a chaos God :devil:

• 2 months later...

My forgeworld fired their furnaces into a roaring blaze again and moved out to meet 1850 points of Blood Angels in glorious battle. My Skitarii got some additional help from the Militarum Tempestus Scions and a bit of support from the Inquisition - taken from the new Codex: Imperial Agents.

My list:

Dominus Maniple

1x Dominus w/ stock gear, 4++ Field and Rayment of the Techno-Martyr 

10x Vanguard w/ Omnispex, 3x Arc Rifles

1x Onager Dunecrawler w/ stock gear

Skitarii Maniple

2x5 Vanguards w/ Omnispex and 2x Arc Rifles

10x Secutarii Peltasts w/ Omnispex

2x Dragoons

1x Dragoon

1x Onager Dunecrawler w/ stock gear

Hellrain Brigade

1x Commissar

5x Tempestus Command Squad w/ 4x Plasma

5x Scions w/ 2x Flamer

1x Taurox Prime w/ Gatling Gun, Hot-Shot Volley Guns and Camo Netting

Hellrain Brigade

1x Commissar

5x Tempestus Command Squad w/ 4x HSVGs

5x Scions w/ 2x Melter

Taurox Prime w/ Gatling Gun, Hot-Shot Volley Guns and Camo Netting

Psykana Division

1x Astropath ML2

5x Wyrdvane Psykers

Inqusitorial Representative

1x Ordo Malleus Inquisitor ML1 w/ TDA, Psibolter

My opponent's list

4x5 Tac Marines w/ Combi-Melter

4x Razorbacks w/ Plasmagun and Lascannon

3x Furioso Cybots w/ Shrapnel Cannon and heavy flamer

2x5 Sternguard

2x Attack Bikes w/ 2x Multimelter

5x Deathcompany w/ 1x Power Axe

1x Deathcompany Priest

5x Drop Pods 

Let's go unit by unit:

Dominus

He joined the Peltasts for nice BS2 overwatch. My opponent really hated him and I have to say that the Dominus is just one of the best tanks in the game. When the Deathcompany charged his squad they killed everyone but him. He deligated the AP2 attacks of the Power Axe to the Peltasts and tanked the rest like a boss. My opponent was staring in awe and remarking that he is just way too cheap for what he can do. I just smiled as I told him that he can also restore a wound each turn on a 2+. Along with the last Dragoon he cut down the Deathcompany and slew his warlord. 

Vanguards

A good chunk of them just got toasted Turn 1 by the two Furioso Cybots and their heavy flamers. No cover, no armour makes the Vanguards sad. :( But I my big squad of Vanguard were protected for the most part, since my Inquisitor in his 2+ pants joined them and tanked the flamer wounds for them without breaking a sweat. All in all they were really solid, as in every game I have played with them. They reliably stripped off HP from vehicles and Dreadnaughts and my opponent again remarked that they are just too cheap for what they can do. I don't blame him, the fury of a forgeworld is a sight to behold after all. :P

Peltasts

Since the Blood Angles had first Turn, I castled up in a corner to minimise the place where he could land with his pods. Thus they sadly didn't do much all game. But it was pretty hilarious to see the look on my opponent's face as I declared that they had 40 shots with BS2 on overwatch. By the way: The Kyropatris Fieldgenerator let's the whole squad re-roll failed armour saves of 1. This does extend to the Dominus, who then just gets rediculously tanky, unless he is blasted with S8 AP2 weapons. And even then it actually would have to be S9 AP2, since everyone who shoots at a 10-men strong squad of Peltasts has to do so with -1 strength.

Sydonian Dragoons

Boy oh boy, do I love our robot chickens! They killed two Furioso Dreadnaughts, mopped up the Deathcompany, killed a Landing Pot and swallowed a good chunk of fire. Just awesome!

Onager

Sadly, did hardly anything since my other stuff blasted the Tac Marines off the table.

Inquisitor and Psykers

Really good! Suddenly having a Psychic Phase with 4+ warp charges is just swell. The Astropath handed out 4++ saves and cursed some vehicles with Rending etc. The Inquisitor can now get a warlord trait even if he isn't the warlord, which is also nice. He is a good asset and makes the squad he joins much more survivable with his 2+ armour save.

Militarum Tempestus

They killed almost all infantry he had. The Tauroxes with their 14 shots (4 of which are AP3) are just awesome. The Plasma Command Squad is - well it's Plasma, that is always nice.

In the end I won by Turn 4. All he had left were 5 Marines in his deployment zone and 3 Pods. If he hadn't conceded I would have tabled him. ^^

Archived