Greetings Inquisitors...

I'm just asking to how should I build a fluffy Inquisitor hunting Inquisitor, based on this scenario...

An Inquisitor joins a Black Templar Crusade to hunt a heretic, upon reaching the heretic, they found that the heretic was in-fact a loyalist Inquisitor
that was captured by a Chaos Lord and was falsely accused. The Inquisitor that was with the Black Templars, then revealed that he was a traitor
and was tasked to carry a daemonic blade and deliver a sacrifice so that the Chaos Lord can ascend. The Inquisitor and Chaos Lord killed the Templars' Crusade Marshal as sacrifice. The Chaos Lord ascends to Daemonhood transforming the planet and its inhabitants and taking an entire planet with him, fortunately the captured Inquisitor was set loose in the ensuing chaos and aided in the rescue of the remaining Templars back to their Battlebarge.

The Renegade Inquisitor is now the henchman of a Daemon Prince, and the Daemon blade was given back to him. The Templars now have a new Inquisitor, who they have a debt to, so they have to help him track down the rogue... besides the Renegade and the Daemon Prince owes them a debt too...

So here is where I'll need your help with:

• How did they escape a planet transforming into a Chaos World while being swallowed by a Warp Storm? Psychic Power from the Inquisitor? The Mechanicum Adept (which uses the Jokaero rules) managed to teleport them/repaired their air transport in time to evacuate the planet? The Inquisitor had a transport on standby and with him freed was able to call it and escape?
  • How should the Inquisitor be equipped?

The rogue Inquisitor is definitely an Ordo Malleus, using a Daemon Blade, an Incinerator, Psyker Mastery lvl 1 and a Liber Heresius and has a           bodyguard of 4 Chaos Knights (Crusaders), 3 Death Cult Assassins, a Priest and a Daemonhost.

The Loyalist Inquisitor has a bodyguard of 5 Acolytes in Carapace Armour with 2 Plasma guns and 3 Hot shot Lasguns (Scion models), 2 Crusaders (one Canoness and one AoS Empire Captain) and a Jokaero (Cult Mechanicus Dominus).

I still don't know how I should build the Inquisitor himself if he was hunting a rogue Inquisitor, and I am open to suggestions as to how he should be built.

The loyalist was captured by a Chaos Lord for over a year, he was put into torture and many attempts for possession was tried and failed on him... I'm still not sure if he should have psychic powers or just a huge amount of willpower to resist possession... should I make him a psychic? if he isn't, how else do you think he was able to resist possession?

Thanks for any answers...

An Inquisitor would be trained to resist torture and the like so you don't have to go the Psyker route if you don't want, as you say he could just have huge reserves of willpower/determination/faith to have resisted. So it depends on the fluff or table top angle if you want him to have psychic powers or not. In regard to his loadout again this will reflect either his fluff or how you want to field him on the table. Maybe you want to give the Inquisitor a signature weapon he uses for executing that which is most heinous to him: a rogue Inquisitor? I had a fondness for using the combi-crossbow back in 4th for it's anti-psyker abilities and it's general awesomeness of being a crossbow for example.

As for escaping the planet you have listed several methods which would work, with differing levels of risk to the escapees. Teleporting would be very risky I would think. The simplest option would be to have them escape on a transport. Maybe the Black Templars sent a Storm Raven to evacuate them? A sturdy craft with a skilled Astartes pilot would be very plausible.

My Inquisition fluff is a bit out of date now so perhaps someone else can expand further but I hope I've helped you out a bit! :)

I was thinking Ordo Hereticus, and was planning on a Null Rod... unfortunately, the 2 models of Null Rod wielding hopefuls that I was planning on is either the Space Marine Librarian or the Astra Militarum Primaris Psyker... both of which are Psyker models dry.png the only other alternative is a Vostroyan Command Squad leader or a Lord Commisar with a hand swap from the Scions' rod.

If I could find another old and battered Inquisitor looking model with a weapon arm that could easily swap for a Null Rod, then that would be awesome...

I think I'll go with:

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor - bolt pistol, Null Rod, Psyocullum, Liber Heresius

the decision to go Power Armor or not is still up in the air...

A Null Rod doesn't have to be a staff if you ask me. Inquisitors are an individual lot and who's to say he doesn't have a Null Rod of a different type? Perhaps an old relic or custom made for his own hand. Part of why I like the Inquisition is that there is no 'codex Inquisitors' dictating how you must do things - each Inquisitor is unique and characterful. So don't feel constrained in how to depict it.

Depends on how senior he is to what you'll equip him with. Power Armour is as much a status symbol as armour. From your fluff and how badass he is in resisting Chaos torture and possession attempts I'd say he's senior (and awesome) enough for Power Armour :)

Lots of good suggestions here. If the Inquisitors that your guy hunts tend to be psykers, then Null Rod is definitely the way to go. I think a Liber Heresius is a good choice, too.

Specifically to your story, given the alliance between the traitor inquisitor and demon prince, you could alternatively consider an Ordo Malleus inquisitor in Terminator Armour with daemon hammer and psycannon to bring out the big guns.

I agree with Arkaniss that it need not necessarily be a staff, but on the other hand I think that using the Scion swagger stick would look great.

For modelling, you have so many options. If you go with a commissar you definitely need to do a head swap because that peaked cap is just so iconic of a commissar and not an inquisitor. Ordo Hereticus inquisitors like the pilgrim-style hat. Depending on how much you're willing to spend, buying the Ordo Hereticus inquisitor and cutting his hat off and putting it on another head (like I did for Lord Inquisitor Soulis) is definitely a viable option. Or you could just use the entire model and do the hand-swap you were talking about although on that model the null rod would look better in the right hand than the left.

Another model you might consider (assuming you're going a carapace armour route) is the WFB/AOS withchhunter: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Empire-Witch-Hunter

I used that model to good effect by cutting the feathers off his hat, shaving off the slashed and puffed material on his right leg, and giving him a bionic eye by slicing a thin bit off of the plastic covering of a small paint brush and gluing it on the eyepatch (you can see what I'm talking about here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EQqVUWKRxzw/UEGCGFwGFiI/AAAAAAAAAt0/oajeY6t0bo4/s1600/DSC05982.JPG)

Whether you go stock carapace or power armour is purely a matter of taste, I think. The best power armour model for an Inquisitor by far is Solomin Lok from Forgeworld. I don't know that there are actually any other non-space marine, non-Sister of Battle power armoured models out there. If you wanted to go a female inquisitor route, a Sister of Battle would work admirably.

I think with a head-swap, weapon swapts, and paint the coat brown and the gloves black, you are 90% of the way to making him look un-commissar-ish. Shave the medals off, and you can probably get away with the sash. I think the armour looks fine, it is not too different from the witchhunter model. Maybe paint it purple or something that is not often seen on commissar models and Bob's your uncle.

I used the Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor for the traitor Inquisitor:

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/New%20Templar%20Box%202014/DSC_0216_zps9227bbb3.jpg

That's why I was thinking of an Inquisitor that looked very different from him, one that looked grizzly and unforgiving in opposition to the Inquisitor who looks very mysterious and proper.

If he is in Power Armor, maybe the Space Marines Librarian for an Inquisitor that has a Gandalf like look about him or I can scratch build one using Grey Knights/Dark Angels pieces for a cloak wearing Power Armored Inquisitor.

If it's Carapace Armor, then there's quite a bit of options to go with... I was planning a head swap for the commissar the addition of the staff and probably removal of the medals... or I could use the Ordo Prefectius Commissar to similar effect.

he still hasn't taken off his Inquisitorial stuff, because it is much easier to infiltrate worlds if he is posing as an Inquisitor instead of a Chaos heretic :p

Archived