They have said in the past this was going to be a reprint so I wouldn't have expected anything new from the eye of terra though I did expect it to have more great crusade era short story reprints. From here on out it should be new content, with the path to heaven, silent war, and Angels of Caliban, which will all have new stuff! As well as the limited editions we have no idea about

Aurelian

Wolf of Ash and Fire

Brotherhood of the Moon

Inheritor

Master of the First

Vorax

Red Marked

Stratagem

Sins of the Father

The Eagle's Talon

Iron Corpses

The Final Compliance of SIxty-Three Fourteen

all old.

Also has The Long Night, Massacre, and The Herald of Sanguinius

Looks like a solid collection. As one who never bothers with anything not in the form of a dead tree, I'm glad about more roundups like this. 

I am of the camp of dead trees and ebooks sometimes. I have yet to get the audios so most of this will be new for me. Although I will say I am annoyed that the recent short stories (like Strategem) was something I got as an ebook. I guess avoid those short ebooks knowing that will probably make it in these books. 

I will say Aurelian is an awesome book (of course since it is ADB) and got this on ebay a year ago. If these anthologies continues there is almost no reason to get the shorts anymore as it seems they make their way. 

How is the short with Horus and the Emperor fighting side by side? Is it a good read. It looks like it is done by McNeil so should be good. It would be nice to maybe throw one or two never seen short reads in these things so it is not a total rehash for people who buy all the formats.

The Wolf of Ash and Fire was actually free for a while when it released. Its solid.

I agree though, these collections should always have at least *something* fresh and new. I guess Massacre would qualify, had it not been posted on the blog that one week and then removed the next.

The Wolf of Ash and Fire was actually free for a while when it released. Its solid.

I agree though, these collections should always have at least *something* fresh and new. I guess Massacre would qualify, had it not been posted on the blog that one week and then removed the next.

They included Aurellian and Massacre which were pretty fantastic. Wolf of Ash and Fire was quite good too. Eagle Talon and Iron Corpses were epic.

But  everything else in it quite meh.

They doesn't added anything new - cause they were afraid that fans will rage that they pay the money for 1 new short story from .... pages.

Now it's vise versa- fans ask why they haven't included anything. From their point of view it's no win scenario

I thought most of the stories were solid. Red-Marked suffered from being about a year too late to be in any way surprising, Brotherhood of the Moon was pretty great as a bit post-Scars. Sins of the Father and Virtues of the Sons (from Legacies of Betrayal) are damn fine at adding layers to Sanguinius, Amit and Azkaellon but also Khârn and Lucius.

Master of the First ties into Angels of Caliban and The Long Night into Pharos and whatever is next for Sevatar. Inheritor was really disappointing, but The Final Compliance was a good short piece on Horus' march for Terra and demanding fealty of the previously conquered worlds.

Its a very solid collection of stories that fill in gaps all over the firmament of the Heresy. Quality-wise, I can't really complain about Eye of Terra. But as somebody who has read all the pieces before in one form or another, it is a bummer.

I thought most of the stories were solid. Red-Marked suffered from being about a year too late to be in any way surprising, Brotherhood of the Moon was pretty great as a bit post-Scars. Sins of the Father and Virtues of the Sons (from Legacies of Betrayal) are damn fine at adding layers to Sanguinius, Amit and Azkaellon but also Khârn and Lucius.

Master of the First ties into Angels of Caliban and The Long Night into Pharos and whatever is next for Sevatar. Inheritor was really disappointing, but The Final Compliance was a good short piece on Horus' march for Terra and demanding fealty of the previously conquered worlds.

Its a very solid collection of stories that fill in gaps all over the firmament of the Heresy. Quality-wise, I can't really complain about Eye of Terra. But as somebody who has read all the pieces before in one form or another, it is a bummer.

Does Legacies of Betrayal include BA stories?  I couldn't see any that jumped out on the BL site.

The Horus Heresy reaches the Solar System - will the defences of Rogal Dorn and his Imperial Fists hold against the onslaught?

Recalled from the Great Crusade after Ullanor, Rogal Dorn and the VIIth Legion were appointed as the Emperor’s praetorians – but only after the Warmaster’s treachery was revealed did the full extent of that sacred duty become apparent. Now, the Solar System comes under attack for the first time since the war began, and many of the seemingly impregnable defences wrought by the Imperial Fists prove inadequate. With all eyes fixed firmly upon this new threat beyond the gates of Terra, who will protect Dorn from the enemy within.

That is the description for Praetorian of Dorn.

Yeah I am pretty disappointed that with that cover full of awesomeness, the novel has not one new thing in it.

Come on guys, I am about as big a HH fanboy as it gets, and the short story/novella/novelette/quick read fetish is getting really old.

It has effectively ensured that I will not purchase another short story, e-short, or audio any time soon. Unless it involves the Dark Angels, of course.

The Horus Heresy reaches the Solar System - will the defences of Rogal Dorn and his Imperial Fists hold against the onslaught?

Recalled from the Great Crusade after Ullanor, Rogal Dorn and the VIIth Legion were appointed as the Emperor’s praetorians – but only after the Warmaster’s treachery was revealed did the full extent of that sacred duty become apparent. Now, the Solar System comes under attack for the first time since the war began, and many of the seemingly impregnable defences wrought by the Imperial Fists prove inadequate. With all eyes fixed firmly upon this new threat beyond the gates of Terra, who will protect Dorn from the enemy within.

That is the description for Praetorian of Dorn.

I want that novel right now! Cause it's French and he is awesome! And cause it's AL!

My money's on The Purge, Templar, Lost Sons, Distant Echoes of Old Night, The Sigillite, Ghosts Speak Not, Patience, Grey Angel, Luna Mendax, The Watcher, Army of One, Child of Night, Wolf Hunt and The Gates of Terra.

My money's on The Purge, Templar, Lost Sons, Distant Echoes of Old Night, The Sigillite, Ghosts Speak Not, Patience, Grey Angel, Luna Mendax, The Watcher, Army of One, Child of Night, Wolf Hunt and The Gates of Terra.

I think you are 90% correct

• 1 month later...

Really??? Either again? This time in audio - and they called it a new release of July? furious.gif

Do we know it definitely will be an audio only? MP3 is already available on the BL site and that teaser sign-up page has been solely for books since it first went live.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/the-horus-heresy-teaser.html

The link has been updated to show confirmation of the next four releases on top of whatever is released next month, which is Angels of Caliban?

Yeah June is AofC. I am confused with The Either being the main release for July? It is available as a CD/script in Meduson and obviously part of the novel itself. It is a awesome story but hoping they are expanding on it as a novella or some type which would make it a worthy monthly release.

PoD in August is the highlight of the four. I am sure they will sneak in Russ somewhere in there which is also something to look forward to it (except the artwork:). Hopefully Crimson King is later and Master of Mankind which is looking more like early 2017.

Archived