IW 1.5k to start a 30k army

RadiumRags

Greeting fellow brothers,

Since my 750 points skirmish 40k project is finished and the Calth box is a rather affordable start into 30k I'd like to get some opinions on the list I'm planning to build from the box to start my Iron Warriors. Without further ado:

+++ IW 1.5k (1500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, Refractor Field]
····Consul [Master of Signal]

Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, 3x Phosphex Bombs, Refractor Field, Thunder Hammer]
····Consul [siege Breaker]

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment
····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]
····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Flamer, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad [5x Chainfist, 4x Tyrant Terminator]

+ Heavy Support +

Iron Havoc Support Squad [4x Autocannon, 4x Iron Havoc]
····Iron Havoc Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Autocannon]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [iV: Iron Warriors, Loyalist]

The plan is rather simple: Use Cover, stand and Shoot either the Tyrant Terminators or the Havos (those are more for style than, since I love the autocannon Havocs and have some bits for those lying around since over 2 years) with BS 5 via Master of Signal. The Siegebreaker confers Tank Hunter and Wrecker wich seems to be rather useful for the Terminators to crack open some advancing vehicles while standing in cover. The Idea behind the Phosphex bombs is to create some dangerous terrain myself to slow down and enemy advance.

It's supposed to be the most effective or WAAC list, but a solid start, that does not get tabled turn 2.

The next step would be to +5 the Tyrant squad and +5/or+10 the Tacticals and to get some Tanks to be more mobile, but this is rather far away in the future. Maybe I'm even gonna let the Kyr Vhalen dream come true at 2.5k, since I genuinely like the Idea of Quad Mortars letting death rain over the enemy while I chill in my fortification. But as said, this is subject to be thought about when the foundation is laid.

I'd really like to read some C&C about my plans.

So long,

RR

Archived