Write for Black Library

hummus

I'm giving it till this Friday, which will make it three weeks, before I assume its a no with no email. Warhammerfest probably backlogged a lot of stuff for everyone at GW so still holding out a little hope.

Well they said in their description that, accepted or rejected, you'll be getting an email from them.

I asked on their FB page last week if everyone who was going to be accepted was contacted, and whilst they admitted that they haven't finished going through every entry yet, they also said that it was likely that a lot won't get contacted by email if they aren't. I suppose they really were swamped this time...

The submission window was very clear that they would at the least contact you with a rejection letter (though they admitted they would not provide any feedback on your work.) I fail to see why they would break that promise, as it would be both rather discourteous and unprofessional. 

I like to imagine Black Library would be respectable enough to keep to their word. Its hardly a very difficult process of relaying a very simple copy paste rejection letter to the respective email. 

Thanks Fulkes - I shall keep an eye out in case I receive anything.

I suppose time will tell as to whether we al get an email or not. I hope that we do - it's nice to know that your submission was at least looked at, even if it wasn't deemed good enough.

Just had a reply from BL submissions. They haven't read mine yet, but everyone will get an email evetually, which goes directly against what I was told on the FB page :lol:

It was nice to get the email in one way, but my heart was in my mouth for a while! :lol:

Was this in reply to an email you sent them or their original submission? I didn't get anything.

I sent the email a while after. I'm usually quite patient, but I was worried that I'd absentmindedly deleted an email from them (it has been known laugh.png ). So, still hope yet. Or not laugh.png

Didn't they specifically say that if you send them an email about it they're going to put you at the back of the list?

I didn't hear that. If that's the case, now that I know that I will get a response, I'll just wait laugh.png

Hey guys don't worry too much about replies,

I sent 6 of mine in on the 24th, told to send them separately on the 27th and finally told to resend them with the individual titles of each one in the subject today.

So they're still going through them.

If you last posted after the 27th and haven't got a reply don't worry too much. If it makes you feel any better the BL system has now placed me at the back of the queue again (yay!) so you're definitely not last (yay!)

Best of luck!

Another day, no e-mail. I actually forgot this was a thing given the chaos of the last couple of days. Next time, I need to make a mental note to start and turn in the story as early as possible. The waiting doesn't bother me, but it didn't occur to me that a submission would be more likely to be accepted if it was sent in earlier.

I got a reply from them this morning, got through the first round. Honestly don't know how I feel, but they are still working through the submissions and the email I got said it would be a while before further instructions. I can only assume that means they've still a lot of submissions to look over. I submitted on the 27th, for what it's worth.

I got a reply from them this morning, got through the first round. Honestly don't know how I feel, but they are still working through the submissions and the email I got said it would be a while before further instructions. I can only assume that means they've still a lot of submissions to look over. I submitted on the 27th, for what it's worth.

Are you emailing with a real person at this point? Or is it still a copy-paste message saying "this is the next step?"

It's probably a cookie-cutter email. It says were pleased to take your pitch to the next stage, you might still hear a no from us and we are very busy so it might take a while but you will hear from us. Not sure if I'm really supposed to respond or anything, I'm just waiting for further instructions Mission Impossible style. Hopefully my email doesn't self destruct.

Congrats!

Archived