Write for Black Library

hummus

Well, I just got word back this morning. And I will not bea Black Library author this time around, either! LOL.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm in writing for Games Workshop.

Unfortunately, your submission is not right for us at this time, and therefore we will not be taking your current application any further. We fully appreciate that you may want feedback, however due to the volume of applications we are not able to provide any.

We wish you every success in your future writing endeavours.

Kind Regards,

The Black Library Author Team

Sorry to hear that, exetus, I bet a lot of us will be reading the same thing soon. How long did they take to get back to you, if you don't mind my asking? I expect their pretty swamped this week. There are always open submissions besides these open calls so go on back when you are ready for round 2 (or more)cool.png

Gonna have to be cutting it pretty close to the wire today getting my submission out. Its about 11 hours until midnight in the UK, right?

I thought it would be till midnight on the 29th you can send it in?

Well, I just got word back this morning. And I will not bea Black Library author this time around, either! LOL.

Hi,

Unfortunately, your submission is not right for us at this time, and therefore we will not be taking your current application any further. We fully appreciate that you may want feedback, however due to the volume of applications we are not able to provide any.

Kind Regards,

Hey man, better than not having tried.

Hi,

Kind Regards,

Hey man, better than not having tried.

Wow. They are actually sending a rejection letter this year? Previously a failed submission just went into the void and never came back.

And my submission is also sent. Doubtless destined for the Round File. At least I got to use the word "tessellated."

Can anyone confirm the deadline? Have mine 99%, waiting for feedback from a few close friends before submitting. 

The website says it closes on the 29th.  It does not give a time.  It might mean that everything closes tonight, as soon as the clock rolls over to the 29th.  I think since tomorrow's a Friday though, it's more likely to close at end of business or midnight tomorrow.

Best of luck my fellow submitters. I'm itching for news back, though I want it to be good. Waiting is the hardest part of this.

I allow myself to feel hope only during the brief window when I'm writing the submission.  Anything I actually mail, I assume will be rejected.  That makes acceptances better, and cuts down on waiting anxiety.

Sent mine in about 20 minutes ago. Honestly, I'm pretty proud of what I produced. Hell, even if they don't accept it, I'm probably going to use the idea and make it into something to go with the lore of my armies.

Now we play the waiting game..

Sorry to hear that, exetus, I bet a lot of us will be reading the same thing soon. How long did they take to get back to you, if you don't mind my asking? I expect their pretty swamped this week. There are always open submissions besides these open calls so go on back when you are ready for round 2 (or more)cool.png

I sent my submission in on April 21st, so it took about a week...

Just sent in my submission. Fingers crossed for good news, but I imagine the caliber of entries to these contests to be pretty great. Intentionally avoided Space Marines or anything that felt likely to get a billion responses. Now all there is to do is wait!

Well, I got this:

"Hi,

Thank you for your application.

We are pleased to inform you that we are taking your pitch to the next stage, where it will be assessed by our editors.

Please be aware though, that you may yet hear a 'no' from us, and that there will not likely be any specific feedback if that is the case. Please be assured though, that no matter the outcome, you will hear from us (we do endeavour to respond to every applicant to ensure they know what the results are either way).

As our editors are extremely busy, it may be some time before we can get back to you with the next steps, we thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards, 

The Black Library Author Team"

I just thought it was a generic "We got your submission, now for judging" reply though...

Archived