Write for Black Library

hummus

Yeah waiting on my response. Do we know if anyone has been accepted through the first round yet?

Edit: also had a question which some specific lurkers on here might be able to answer. In amongst all the other projects they have going on do any of the existing black library writers ever enter stuff for things like this? Take a break from that series they're working on to write a short story for this kind of thing?

Finally got my rejection notice, that's a weight off my shoulders.

Still not had mine yet. I have asked on the BL page whether that means I'm on the reject pile. No answer yet.

Finally got my rejection notice, that's a weight off my shoulders.

Still not had mine yet. I have asked on the BL page whether that means I'm on the reject pile. No answer yet.

Haven't heard anything on mine, either. I submitted April 28th at 5 PM. Hopefully they either haven't gotten to our submissions or haven't ruled us out yet!

@Aquilanus - The waiting game always sucks. Hopefully they'll get back to you sooner than later.

@Naryn - April 27th at 0135

Thanks for the info! Looks like I submitted about a day after you, so it's good to hear approximately where they are in the submissions.

How about

I want to thank my parents for their support

Without them, I would not be on this earth

Furthermore Bill Gates and Steve Jobs

Without them, I would not be able to write an e-mail and send it

Last but not least, GW + FW + BL

For inspiring me to do something like this

;)

Well done to Plague Angel and Kelborn happy.png

I got a reply from Black Library this morning. Basically, they're still going through all of the entries! However, they have said that entrants are not guaranteed a reply if they don't get accepted to the next round. I suppose that gives an idea of just how many entries they actually got! blink.pnglaugh.png

No word since that first email as of yet...

A graph of the number of entries in a submission window proceeds exponentially, lol.

You got your first reply fairly quickly because there were probably relatively few entries a week or more before the deadline. In the last 2-3 days, they probably got ten times more each day than the previous. If somebody got an email from their April 27th submission today, it's probably at least a week before they even finish reading and evaluating all the entries. People still waiting shouldn't think much of it. You definitely shouldn't.

It's funny when you make a submission. You don't expect progress and the rational human in you understands that failure is not a judgement on your worth... but you just hope nonetheless and can't help but get disappointed.

Lol

For those who were rejected - did the email turn up in your inbox say it was from the Black Library? Just wondering if my rejection email might be flagged as spam.

Congrats to thsoe of you who have heard you are into the next round - I am jealous! :D

For those who were rejected - did the email turn up in your inbox say it was from the Black Library? Just wondering if my rejection email might be flagged as spam.

Congrats to thsoe of you who have heard you are into the next round - I am jealous! :D

Yup. It's from the BL email address.

Archived