Recruitment Advertisement & Artist Thread

simison

Don't know if this is still valid or if AO108 has changed it since then but I went digging through the old Primarch Lookalike thread on page five of the BotL sub-forum and found this post describing what Alexos looks like:

The last is not accurate anymore. The first I doubt it as we went for the pic through a redesign.

But we stay true to berserk. Instead of the wokve it is now the snake count from the beginning^^

So, after a few days, I've gotten no response from AO himself. I'm going to collect the material Mikhal has and just ask Nic to make the armour a full suit. I'll assume it'll be artificer plate. 

Thanks for the help, Mikhal.

Descriptions Sent

Alexandros

Gwalchavad

Andezo 

Yucahu

Daer'dd

Raktra

Icarion

K'awil

Niklaas

Nomus 

Hectarion

The Jade General

Koschei

Kozja

Alexos Travier

Morro

Azus

Current Progress: 17 out of 18

Just three left. One is Morro, another is Azus, and the last is...Pionus? Am I missing anyone?

I've sent in everything Hesh gave us on Morro. I want to send Azus next since I think he has the least amount of material to cover. 

I want Pionus last because Slips is responsive, and we have a few images to work off from. 

So, what do we have on Azus?

As far as I remember Azus looks a bit like Altair from Assassin's Creed. Just with a Sniper instead of the hidden blades.

So he has a hood instead of a helmet and I think a Scar runs over his left eye down to his chin. But that was all I know. If I remember right, then Skalpy had a sketch of him, so he might have more information.

*majestic fanfare*

I present to you (a sketch of)...

AZUS!

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/10/10/749742_md-.JPG

Ahhh. So in flesh he could look like that ( envisioned Azus thst way and it is not too far from your)http://i.imgur.com/1Xnr3hk.jpg?1

Lol..

Actually it was me who suggested that Azus looks like Momoa^^

Here's what Squig sent me for a description:

Azus:

Slender

- Modified suit of mk IV armour designed for stealth so not very ornate

- Some scales/snake iconography for decoration

- Long, unkempt hair and stubble

- Scar running through his right eye

- Carries a rifle in one hand (sleek, sort of a middle ground between a dark eldar Dark Lance and a bolter, medium sized - i.e. not so large that it couldnt be held in one hand)

- Scimitar in the other hand, you could add detailing to the blade if you wanted - I haven't really thought about it to be honest

Primary cultural influence is Pre-Islamic Middle East, so that could help nail down some aesthetic flourishes.

I can also see if I can mock up a quick sketch. No promises though.

If Squig is okay with it, I have an idea for the armor. Wanted to create Azus using this as inspiration and sculpt the armor. Could count as modified mk4.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/file/Dark-Souls-3/wolf_knight_armor.png

Just have to 40k it a bit and add some snakes.

Had the idea to have one on each arm circling down from thr shoulders to the hands.

Thanks for the responses guys. In a little bit, I'm going to send Squig a PM. Hopefully, he'll reply and can add his own thoughts. Otherwise, tomorrow, I'll go with what we have here.

If Squig is okay with it, I have an idea for the armor. Wanted to create Azus using this as inspiration and sculpt the armor. Could count as modified mk4.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/file/Dark-Souls-3/wolf_knight_armor.png

Just have to 40k it a bit and add some snakes

Das my Custodes scheme too :3

None that I can think of, looks good to me, really.

I've done it. 

And it's finished. As far as I know, we've sent in everybody. I've specifically requested that he send some kind of reply that things are going according to plan, but, other than that, it's now a waiting game. 

A response and compliments all around!

"My apologies for not replying sooner. As you so correctly surmised, I've been very busy and caught up in a flurry of deadlines that has made it impossible for me to reply to each e-mail that i got with references and trusted you'd understand as you have. Now, having said that, I want to confirm that all of the material has reached me and it's been great reading up on all of the writing and artwork that you have for these brothers. It shows a true passion for the hobby and background of the Dark Millenium, which I hope I can realise with my artwork.

I will keep you updated of progress and start drafting this week a rough of the final image for you to approve as well as individual studies of each brother so that once we're committed to everything, the assembling of the image will come easily and quicker.

Thank you guys again for your dedication and patience and see you shortly."

• 3 months later...

Three months have past...any updates on our little commission?

From following his DA page and e-mails, I have discovered this is a man who routinely takes on several large projects in addition to a dozen commissions. He has quite the backlog and has recently been working through it, which includes some 40k commissions. So, I'm hoping he'll reach our commission soon. Either way, I'm yelling at him again next month.

Archived