Alternative Sisters

Sororita Katya

++WGE Sisters Parts++

Overall these casts are superior quality, detail has very crisp edges, non-existent mold lines. Here are the kit contents for the 10 person unit sold on the site:

Commander with two head options and base:

TLezQrh.jpg

Banner Bearer with two head options:

mYLn3i5.jpg

8 bodies (3 standing, 2 walking, 1 running, 2 kneeling) / all unique poses

sgV0juG.jpg

Arms (5 double handed Bolters, 1 single handed Bolter, 1 Stormbolter, 1 melta, 1 grenade), Legs & Heads:

JIeMtrr.jpg

Heads Close Up:

6sgtq5s.jpg

cFEI7Ii.jpg

Backpack Closeup:

yQo59GP.jpg

I'm sure you guys have already seen them, but was wondering what you all thought of Anvil Industries Daughters of the Burning kickstarter? Looking them over, I'm half tempted to pledge enough of them for a small allied force to go with my Blood Angels. (I share your love of  bolters, meltas, flamers, and chainswords)

My only real concern is finding alternative vehicle models, or I guess hoping GW makes them in plastic when they supposedly release in 2019.

I'm sure you guys have already seen them, but was wondering what you all thought of Anvil Industries Daughters of the Burning kickstarter? Looking them over, I'm half tempted to pledge enough of them for a small allied force to go with my Blood Angels. (I share your love of  bolters, meltas, flamers, and chainswords)

My only real concern is finding alternative vehicle models, or I guess hoping GW makes them in plastic when they supposedly release in 2019.

From what I got the design angle that Anvil Ind. went with is that their DotBR models can not only be used at SoB (with less of a "Gothic" aesthetic to them) but many have pointed out that they would also make great stand ins for Tempust Scions or even an all female up armored guard regiment.  In the weapons list featured not only do they have the obvious bolter stand in, there is also a LasGun stand in as well.  My only issue I have with using them as SoB stand ins is the lack of the tabard hanging from the front on the standard non-robed versions. Personaly I would use the tabard robed version with the armored chest still showing.

From GW the Immolator is an all plastic kit already and has been sense the....Witch Hunters codex. The Exorsist however is a mixed plastic/metal kit, however the only parts that are metal is the organ gun, loading servitor, organ keyboard and sister gunner and the extra armor side plates.

Ahh, was thinking of the Repressor I think, since it's FW only.

And they are significantly less "ornate", but I'd say the ones Zon posted go too far in the other direction.

No way to pose them differently without extensive cutting and rebuilding, and they look way too busy for my tastes and limited painting ability.

Figure it wouldn't be hard to spruce up the plainer looking models if you have an overflowing bits box and such.

Ahh, was thinking of the Repressor I think, since it's FW only.

I'm sure I've seen various 3d printed repressor proxy conversion kits developed around here. I wager that if you start digging into some of the more modeling related threads of this sub-forum you could dig up some examples. If you're lucky, the original creator might have already uploaded the file to Shapeways, or a similar service, from whence you could then purchase their kit. Otherwise, if you're polite you might be able to persuade them to so upload their files.

Wargame Exclusive released their Seraphim squad:

WGE is sure on it's way to providing alternatives for basically every unit of a pure SoB army. Aesthetic tastes aside, their model detail and quality rivals that of GW plastic and generally cheaper too (in aud at least).

Also for expensive as their models are, they do actually have good quality. Raging heroes was trying the same thing with SoB models, but I found their resin to be garbage. The icariate models I have break from them tipping over the wrong way.

• 3 weeks later...

I mean, you're still wearing some type of clothing under the armor even if it's a body suit. I really don't see the problem here.

There's also a couple of pictures I'll link later because they're not loading properly on mobile that could make a legitimate argument for painting the torso metallic in color and just treating it as overly detailed armor like the Sanguinary Guard.

Armour that has a window to a skin-tight body suit doesn't really make sense as armour.  If it was the limbs, I could maybe accept that they decided on just an armoured torso, like a cuirass or something, but to have a cut-out in the armour over the abdomen to reveal a body suit seems to be a glaring structural flaw in the armour.  Like, as much as people might complain that boob armour is structurally flawed, a stomach bare (save a skin tight suit) seems a whole, whole lot worse.  Also, the alt-St. Celestine is apparently going into battle with her sternum bare based on how it's painted (her chest armour is just an armoured bra).

I feel like the Sanguinary Guard armoured torso style would look weird given that: 1) what is the look this armour is going for, a sleek and slender abdomen with little muscle definition? (come on WGE, give them six pack abs at least) and 2) the bare stomach area is set beneath bits of armour on the breasts and groin (none of which has the same muscle cuirass aesthetic), meaning they built a suit of armour where part of it was more deeply set and then made to look like a thin, very lightly muscled woman's stomach.

It would be pretty cool if they also made alternate Bretonnian sculpts where all the knights just had their plate armour cut out on their stomachs too to show off their rocking abs.  That would not look ridiculous at all.  Given there might not be a market for those, I'd take alternate Marines with traditional mkVII power armour except for a belly window to show off their rocking abs.  Everyone would love that, right?

Roll flat (2-3mm at most) some green stuff, cut to fit. Boom! Plate to cover the bare bits. I often use the handle on my knife as a rolling pin and some popsicle sticks as guides to keep it even.

If the green stuff is sticking, a tiny dab of hand moisturizer goes a long way.

Armour that has a window to a skin-tight body suit doesn't really make sense as armour.  If it was the limbs, I could maybe accept that they decided on just an armoured torso, like a cuirass or something, but to have a cut-out in the armour over the abdomen to reveal a body suit seems to be a glaring structural flaw in the armour.  Like, as much as people might complain that boob armour is structurally flawed, a stomach bare (save a skin tight suit) seems a whole, whole lot worse.  Also, the alt-St. Celestine is apparently going into battle with her sternum bare based on how it's painted (her chest armour is just an armoured bra).

I feel like the Sanguinary Guard armoured torso style would look weird given that: 1) what is the look this armour is going for, a sleek and slender abdomen with little muscle definition? (come on WGE, give them six pack abs at least) and 2) the bare stomach area is set beneath bits of armour on the breasts and groin (none of which has the same muscle cuirass aesthetic), meaning they built a suit of armour where part of it was more deeply set and then made to look like a thin, very lightly muscled woman's stomach.

It would be pretty cool if they also made alternate Bretonnian sculpts where all the knights just had their plate armour cut out on their stomachs too to show off their rocking abs.  That would not look ridiculous at all.  Given there might not be a market for those, I'd take alternate Marines with traditional mkVII power armour except for a belly window to show off their rocking abs.  Everyone would love that, right?

Personally? Wouldn't care either way. That being said, the pictures I want to show you are actually armored yet stylized similarly to the WGE models. I'll try to get to it tonight -- got tied up with some stuff at home and just never got around to posting them here.

• 3 months later...

Raging Heroes is selling their Davidians again, which are in my opinion, some of the coolest looking Repentia stand ins. Unfortunately, they're not selling them alone yet, they're bundled with a whole bunch of others in their stand in sisters line which aren't as cool and drastically inflates the price. Still, if I were in a different financial position at the moment, I'd splurge a bit to pick them up. No Idea when they plan on actually just selling the Davidians in squads of their own, but I imagine they'll do it at some point, they're too cool a model to keep locked behind occasional group packs.

https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/exclusive-packs

• 1 month later...

Archived