Alternative Sisters

Sororita Katya

I love 'em. With a black and gold theme all of that detail could pop like crazy. I would love to paint them, but . . . I agree with what was said above, $80USD is too steep for a non-GW product. And most of us Sister players are saving up for the GW Sister release later this year (:wallbash: ) and don't want to blow our load prematurely (as they say).

What confirmation do you have of a Sisters release later this year?

You know hope eventually leads to heresy, right?

As Lord Grimclaw so elegantly put, no confirmation, just faith . . . And the thought that GW has a year lead time and after Celestine's success, I bet it was out on the schedule ASAP.

Well, frankly they could've sold a dog turd with Celestine's rules and it would've sold like hotcakes. And I'm sure they know that, as such her success probably doesn't mean much for the rest of the Sisters. Veridyan is a better indicator. I don't know how much it sold overall, but initially definitely more than they seemed to expect. I still don't have Veridyan since my FLGS never was able to get their hands on it, and I haven't wanted it bad enough to order direct from GW since I'd have to either pay postage or order other things in addition.

Well, frankly they could've sold a dog turd with Celestine's rules and it would've sold like hotcakes. And I'm sure they know that, as such her success probably doesn't mean much for the rest of the Sisters. Veridyan is a better indicator. I don't know how much it sold overall, but initially definitely more than they seemed to expect. I still don't have Veridyan since my FLGS never was able to get their hands on it, and I haven't wanted it bad enough to order direct from GW since I'd have to either pay postage or order other things in addition.

You're right Veridyan is a better indicator, but she sold out almost within the first weekend she was available. She was released in Dec. of 2016, so it's been over a year. It may only be within that place deep inside me where the God Emperor and I have chats, but I have faith in 2018 being the year of the Plastic Sisters.

I'll have some pics of the sprues up here in short order. They've already shipped mine! Say what you want about the price, WGE has quality better than forge world and fulfillment which is pretty fething fast for Russia to California. 

RE: the Shieldwolf sisters.  Unfortunately I'm not really impressed with the infantry.  The proportions seems a bit off to me, and the poses seem static and awkward.  I love the vehicles, however, they're wrapped up in a big pre-order package.  Oh well....

Sorry fellas, you will never see plastic Sisters out of Games Workshop.  'Rumors' have been around since 2003.  Celestine and the wonder twins were released exclusively to be used as allies for Space Marines and the other supported Imperial factions.  GW couldn't have cared less if she could or could not have been used in actual Sisters armies as well.

Sorry fellas, you will never see plastic Sisters out of Games Workshop.  'Rumors' have been around since 2003.  Celestine and the wonder twins were released exclusively to be used as allies for Space Marines and the other supported Imperial factions.  GW couldn't have cared less if she could or could not have been used in actual Sisters armies as well.

Come hither thy humble Imperial citizen, let us pray in the cathedral so that we may restore thy wavering faith in the Glorious God Emperor that he may one day deliver upon us plastic sisters of battle.

IMLXvM4.jpg

WGE put up an option for a 5 woman squad with bolters for 20 euros

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/battle-sisters/emperor-sisters-squad-upgrade-5u/

That was too good of a deal for me to pass up. I got myself five on the way. I'll see what I think about them before buying more, but at this price for a five man squad, you could get fifteen for the price of one ten man unit (if you don't mind not getting the standard and captain).

Edit: I'll see if I can get off my lazy butt and take some pictures to post here when I start getting them painted up.

Archived