Unit of the week I - Exorcist

Aqui

The organ exorcist is at least half of the reasons I started my sisters army. Needless to say, I found many other interesting things once I was here, but its the Exorcist that got me to start.

I know I'm in the minority, but maybe it's starting in 2nd... I am not a huge fan of the Exorcist, especially the organ version.

For me, the iconic Battle Sister vehicle is and will always be the Immolator.

It's not just because every time I use one, either I roll 1 shot against a hard target, or 6 against a soft one.

Obviously, I love the organ thing, but I can also agree that the immolator is the most "sisters" vehicle in the army. If I could take one thing from the 3E codex and put it in 7th, it would be the holy promethium upgrade for the immolator, just so that I can say I'm burning heritics with the Emperor's holy promethium.

Of course, it is assumed that all promethium is holy, but saying that is much more intimidating when it forces automatic morale checks.

Edit: this is pretty off topic isn't it. . .

Gimme that old timely music!

I would sooooo rather have a gigantic, gaudy, baroque, over the top, space church on a tank, than a whirlwind with a fleur de lis on the side.

But that's just me.... And every other true believer. :P

@ Rasp,

I agree. The more that separates sisters from space marines the better. Esthetics are just the beginning.

Rules that accurately reflect the model would be nice too, talking about the immolator here.

But hey the immolator was probably out of stock at GW when the guy wrote the current codex.

i am a fan of the Exorcist.  since it is a HEAVY st 8 ap 1 D6 shots, i tend to move mine as necessary . use a squad of sisters as cover and move to where i need to use it.  it hasn't been something that i would say has won a game for me, but it is impressive to shave HP off vehicles.  Id say each sisters army should have at least one. 

and for the record, i never liked the GW verson, so i just converted a whirlwind to use as mine.

I absolutely adore the organ version of the Exorcist. I don't think I'd run them if they only had their forgeworld / whirlwind style launchers. My sisters army might not be the most competitive army on the table, but it sure looks good. msn-wink.gif

Archived