The Storm Stalkers - WiP Blog

The tatoo color I believe it's ok!

Tatooes go palid over time and it just look very old!!!

Totally, the current color is intended but i need to blend in the muscle striations and fix some details like his pig snout!

That Iron Priest is looking dope!  I really like the goggles up and how you've painted them, they really draw the eye.

I'm need to convert a few more wulfen and I've been looking at your heads you converted and your advice on sculpting hair, but I was wondering if you could give me a few more tips.  Looking at your photos, it seems like you've mainly added:

• Furry eyebrows
  • Cheek/mutton chops hair
  • Flattened the nose a little (how did you do this?)
  • Added more hair on top

Is that about it? I really like the look you've achieved!

Yea that’s pretty much it for the heads. The noses, or nose because I think I only kept one, was mostly just cutting off the tip and adding a a tiny amount of GS to make the nostril flare a bit wider.

It was tricky and I’m not sure the juice was worth the squeeze on that aspect. If your going for EoT style I think I’d keep it simple with the feral unkempt hair and some fangs etc.

Sweet, thanks for that.  I've got 8 that I made with primaris bodies and wulfen arms and heads.  I want something that matches them enough to make two squads of 5, but if you think it was tricky I'm sure I'll find it like knocking an apple off of a karl's head with a thrown thunder hammer.  I might look into just ordering two more heads.

holy moly tatoos.

I would love to try that but it would look like my guys decided to have elmo tatoo with crayons.

TBF, anyone with a huge Elmo tattoo is someone I likely don’t want the :cuss with.

Thanks brothers! He’s basically done at this point but final touches and weathering will happen when he joins his buddy. Started Logan, journey I think 1-2 fen wolves will be next to see what I can do colorwise on the fur.

Pete he reminds me of Baird from gears of war!

Yea I can see it! I only played the first one and that was ages ago. Seems like the sci-fi blacksmith steampunk trope is alive and well and I’ve inadvertanly aped them all!

Pete he reminds me of Baird from gears of war!

Yea I can see it! I only played the first one and that was ages ago. Seems like the sci-fi blacksmith steampunk trope is alive and well and I’ve inadvertanly aped them all!

I can totally see it as well. Honestly? It's the beard. He kind of looks like a non-grey/bald Gears 4 Baird actually:

BairdArmoredG4Render.png

Edited by Gederas

holy moly tatoos.

I would love to try that but it would look like my guys decided to have elmo tatoo with crayons.

TBF, anyone with a huge Elmo tattoo is someone I likely don’t want the :censored: with.

Thanks brothers! He’s basically done at this point but final touches and weathering will happen when he joins his buddy. Started Logan, journey I think 1-2 fen wolves will be next to see what I can do colorwise on the fur.

I DARE you to do a Space Wolf with an Elmo tattoo on show :)

Freakin awesome work

A scattering of progress:

Iron Priest himself is done!

gallery_2327_11680_231605.png

Wolf progress:

gallery_2327_11680_16813.jpg

gallery_2327_11680_36861.jpg

gallery_2327_11680_174706.jpg

It's really really really hard to get black fur right. This was what im going for more or less:

hqdefault.jpg

Tons more to do, I think Im on the right track. Oddly enough its a known problem in the pet world that black furred animals dont photograph well and hence are less likely to be adopted. The wolf looks really cool in person when you look, but it all goes away when you put him on the table, obviously a problem. So my black wolf has gotten a few more points of interest in the coat than that source pic and i have a few more levels of highlighting and shading to go. Going to get the base colors for the other elements in though first to see how it interacts. Also hard since some of my washes are a bit satin-y so its messing with how dark he looks. I love the color and the finish on the first base coat pic.

gallery_2327_11680_102519.jpeg

Was waiting on an order for some of the brown tones in the fur so I started big boy too. Super early and the red stresses me out since it doesnt mesh well at this stage but Im pretty pumped.