The Storm Stalkers - WiP Blog

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to pop in and say im not dead! Work on my teams display board is going swimmingly. I'm more or less on schedule but tons to do still.

It was really difficult to focus when my deathsworn came in the mail but i'm just going to ball it up and release it post Adepticon in a wofly ball of ETL glory.

Some teaser stats:

4' x 4' x 2'

~25 LEDs

1 smoke machine

~140 Orks (team is imperial don't worry)

Just wanted to pop in and say im not dead! Work on my teams display board is going swimmingly. I'm more or less on schedule but tons to do still.

It was really difficult to focus when my deathsworn came in the mail but i'm just going to ball it up and release it post Adepticon in a wofly ball of ETL glory.

Some teaser stats:

4' x 4' x 2'

~25 LEDs

1 smoke machine

Abba, Boney M, Bee Gees and Village People music on the dancing floor !!!

Some teaser stats:

4' x 4' x 2'

~25 LEDs

1 smoke machine

It will be the funkyest one there for damn sure.

Some teaser stats:

4' x 4' x 2'

~25 LEDs

1 smoke machine

It will be the funkyest one there for damn sure.

It starts with Go west (move) , then Ma Baker (engage), staying alive(CaC) and finally Chiquitita for their wounded...

I imagine 140 Orks doing some sort of flashmob all together and I can't help it, i'm laughing out loud :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

• 1 month later...

Well it's done brothers. This was what was keeping me from my precious wolves this winter:

spgcwr3lkgp21.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/KNW6tOx

I took home best appearance at the Adepticon Team Tournament which was one of my crown jewels. A fantastic event and time talking to everyone at the armies on parade showcase. Game wise did ok, some of you may have seen me get 12" charged by a bunch of nasty boys but i don't think i embarrassed myself. Dice are dice right?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/403505213 @ ~4:20  The commentating was waaaaaay off though. My LFs got FB and we snagged key objectives early. Scorewise it was closer than they would have let you believe according to the actual mission, which we played to.

It was a lot of fun to make but I'm glad I can move on to my more Fenrisian pursuits!

Edited by FearPeteySodes

Finally good to have some Wolf updates!

Started this guy in earnest yesterday:

gallery_2327_11680_432963.jpeg

gallery_2327_11680_907989.jpeg

It's probably one of those things no one will notice but I'm doing a full repose to pay homage to the classic model. It was my favorite model when i first started playing so it will be a labor of love. A lot of the parts are super close just to move but as a whole not close enough, so I have situations like the first pic where ive chopped it up for just a few degrees difference. Should be fun once i get the minutia done and tasks that can wreck the model over.

I had wanted to do some painting but we're pretty close to ETL time and its not as if i don't have stuff to work on.

The Old Wolf rises!

gallery_2327_11680_581371.jpeg

So far so good, Im happy with the positioning. It's crazy how its more than just size differences in the current and classic TDA. I think I captured the classic pose though. Lots more to do though, need to do his hair, make that wolfhead into real one rather than "metal", put the cables and trophies etc back on him, and get the cloak done:

gallery_2327_11680_429842.jpeg

Picked up Calgar too for my Arjac conversion so he'll get started now that im waiting on GS cureing etc. Pretty excited!

It's looking amazing, one thing for me is the angle of the wrist on the hand holding the axe. I'm sat here doing the same angle without a flippin' massive axe in my hand and the angle hurts.

Thing is I’ve resculpted hands holding stuff before and 90% of the time it’s not worth the effort. Once it’s painted properly it’s not a thing people are going to question. That’s not even taking into account that he’s a servo power genetically enhanced mutant man. I’m declaring rule of cool to be in effect.

I don’t think he’s just standing there holding the axe parallel to the ground. From the pose he looks like he’s swinging the axe as he runs forward. So his grip isn’t to hold the axe straight out, but to hang on tight to keep it from flying away from him as he swings an arc of devestation through his enemies.

I don’t think he’s just standing there holding the axe parallel to the ground. From the pose he looks like he’s swinging the axe as he runs forward. So his grip isn’t to hold the axe straight out, but to hang on tight to keep it from flying away from him as he swings an arc of devestation through his enemies.

Exactly! When I get the cables and fetishes back on him and the weapon it will tell the tale of motion along with the cloak once it’s done.

More progress:

gallery_2327_11680_874799.jpeg

gallery_2327_11680_1039300.jpeg

gallery_2327_11680_573800.jpeg

While his GS was curing I got going on CalgArjac too. Took a while do cut off the extra armor plating etc. I actually appreciate how the armors are clearly iterative. Once I chopped the plates off you can tell that it still fits the power armor aesthetic even taking some designs from TDA. Pretty cool IMO.

gallery_2327_11680_461799.jpeg

gallery_2327_11680_387792.jpeg

Mostly just creating the right shapes and silhouette on him atm so its obviously super rough. This stage though does confirm its doable, just going to be a ton of work.

It's looking amazing, one thing for me is the angle of the wrist on the hand holding the axe. I'm sat here doing the same angle without a flippin' massive axe in my hand and the angle hurts.

Thing is I’ve resculpted hands holding stuff before and 90% of the time it’s not worth the effort. Once it’s painted properly it’s not a thing people are going to question. That’s not even taking into account that he’s a servo power genetically enhanced mutant man. I’m declaring rule of cool to be in effect.

I hear you brother, I know it will look good!