[caslonheader=000000]A Heart of Shadows: The Enemy from the Dark[/caslonheader]

http://i.imgur.com/olhw6Lz.jpg?1

"Like the great storm of the Heresy, the forces of the True Gods will descend upon the False Emperor's minions. The stars will tremble at their passage, the mighty armadas of the Warmasters will bring annihilation to a hundred worlds. Great shall be the slaughter, most pleasing shall be the flow of blood. The fools who follow the Emperor will be brought low, forced to their knees amidst the corpses of their families and friends. The thrice-cursed one shall become as a living god, the power to destroy the Weakling Emperor shall be within his grasp. Know this, for these things will come to pass and the galaxy itself will be the spoils of victory."

- Constanze the Prophetess, burned as a Heretic, 356.M38

+++

...the 13th Crusade was the largest such mobilization of forces within the Eye of Terror since the flight from Terra ten thousand years before. Massive mortal armies, mighty armadas, hosts of daemons, all rallied to the banner of Abbadon at that time. And the Traitor Legions led the flood...

- Excerpt from Ordo records of the Thirteenth Black Crusade of 999.M41, retrieved early M42

+++

::We never needed the primarchs, for they were flawed creations, unfit to lead the Legiones Astartes. We never needed the fool Emperor, deluded as he was, unfit to lead the human race. In his foolishness, of course, he created the one thing worthy to lead: Astartes, the pinnacle of human development, in body and in mind. It will be his downfall::

::I fought for him once, beginning on the surface of putrescent Terra herself. He ripped me from my cradle, and forged me into a perfect monstrosity for his army, to be his slave. I fight now for the Warmaster, my brother Ezekyle, for he is my brother, forged in war. I fight because that is all I have ever known, ever since the inception of the Great Crusade, ten thousand years ago::

::I bear the Black with pride for it represents the supremacy of Astartes over Human. It represents loyalty to those betrayed by the Emperor and the Primarchs. It represents honor among those who lost it in the Legion Wars, those brutal, bloody wars in the aftermath of Terra. And I wear it represents brotherhood, brotherhood forged in battle, stronger than that of geneseed or blood. It means that we are conquerers::

::That upstart primarch Mortarion claims the title "Reaper," but I bore that title long before he did. I am First Reaper, both the First, and of it. Worlds have died by my word, and many more shall do so. I am the one true Angel of Death, and my heart is one of shadows::

- Unknown transmission, c. 999.M41

http://i.imgur.com/RTuTQ1z.jpg?1

[unknown pict-capture, unknown subject, Cadian System Offensive, c. 999.M41]

"You name me Fallen, when I have instead ascended. You name me Traitor, when it is I who has been betrayed. And you label me Evil, as if the Imperium did not commit a hundred thousand acts of genocide every single day."

http://i.imgur.com/CEukP9v.jpg?1

[unknown pict-capture, unknown subjects, Cadian System Offensive, c. 999.M41] - conform to descriptions of Traitor "Chosen."

http://i.imgur.com/Mdq39XU.jpg?1

[unknown pict-capture, unknown subject, Cadian System Offensive, c. 999.M41] - conform to descriptions of Traitor champions.

http://i.imgur.com/yL0GeiN.jpg?1

[unknown pict-capture, unknown subject, Cadian System Offensive, c. 999.M41] - Conforms to description of Traitor Sorceror: cross-ref. Kasr Partox Debacle

"But we welcome all to the Crusade, be you thin-blood renegade or blood-soaked veteran of the Long War, all help is needed in the bringing about of the Crimson Path."

http://i.imgur.com/YekeNvR.jpg?1

[unknown pict-capture, unknown subjects, Cadian System Offensive, c. 999.M41]

http://i.imgur.com/cvvsht4.jpg?1

[unknown pict-capture, unknown subjects, Cadian System Offensive, c. 999.M41] - possible devotee of the Blood God Kharneth

http://i.imgur.com/pU5SOJm.jpg?1

[unknown pict-capture, unknown subjects, Cadian System Offensive, c. 999.M41] - possible devotee of the Blood God Kharneth

*grabs popcorn, sits back*

Well, isn't this shiny?

Dragonlover

Oooh... popcorn? Gimme! tongue.png

Thanks man, glad you like. thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to this - love the Traitor Sorcerer, this puts my future Fallen to shame...

Can't wait to see this develop.

Thanks, mate. Hey, wanna know a secret? These aren't even the good ones yet. Everything so far in this thread has been sitting in my closet for a while (the Fallen proper were all converted a few months before the DA codex dropped, and the two Khornate dudes were built the day I got my hands on AoS.) My kitbashing techniques have come quite a ways since then, so when I get my hands on some more DA bits (probably this weekend) I'll try to apply them and wow you even more.

And I'm sure your Fallen are just as good. I don't think mine are too hot, at any rate. :tu:

Hot damn.

More.

Soon... ;)

That Sorcerer is blasphemy!

Sexy blasphemy, that is.

Well, he's got blades for fingers, so I wouldn't fancy getting intimate at all with him, but other than that, yeah!!! Thanks for the compliment, brother. :tu:

Mmm Fallen.

Consider me intrigued!

msn-wink.gif

Well now, that's a peachy start. More please

As I told Arkhan, soon... msn-wink.gif

Nice start, looking forward to seeing this lot painted.

As do I, brother, as do I... smile.png

Anyways, as some of you may have been told or guessed, this is basically my big pic-dump thread for ETL, to "keep me honest" and act as a bit of a plog for my Chaos stuff. I mostly posted all of this on a whim to avoid all the stress of reassembling this guy for my Heresy Fists. Much as I love that old Vindicator, doing all the repair and TLC that he needs before he's tabletop ready is scaring the living crap out of me.

Hopefully, I'll have some more stuff for you guys in the next couple days. I've got some other things in reserve that I might be showing you. Maybe.

Thanks for reading.

those guys are looking fantastic :tu:

one thing is bothering me though. the skulls hanging from the scythe defy gravity, which is probably due to the fact that the scythe is intended to be carried upright, but i think with a little bending or cutting and repositioning it should look fine.

just my two flayed loyalist skulls ;)

I love the jump pack reaper looking guy, can't wait to see paint on him!

Thank you. Most likely he'll be a part of my second ETL vow, along with a lot of the rest of this thread.

Aaaaaand followed biggrin.png I always like to see people`s versions of the Fallen smile.png

Glad you like them, thank you.

That reaper is perfection. Pure pure perfection.

Thanks man. Means a lot.

those guys are looking fantastic thumbsup.gif

one thing is bothering me though. the skulls hanging from the scythe defy gravity, which is probably due to the fact that the scythe is intended to be carried upright, but i think with a little bending or cutting and repositioning it should look fine.

just my two flayed loyalist skulls msn-wink.gif

Ah, it's doesn't bother me that much. Besides, I figure that whatever is blowing his cape back probably could blow the skulls back as well. But thank you for your input nonetheless. :tu:

Wow... The betrayal is real... You call yourself a son of the VIIth? Where is your duty to the AOD?

Sorry, bud. I vowed for Chaos last year, and a lot of people have left that faction for the AoD this year, and I didn't really want to be a bandwagonner. You guys have pretty strong chances this year, though, and I'll definitely support you all in the spirit of friendly competition. Next year, though, I promise. ;)

Archived