=][= E Tenebrae Lux V =][=

Guys, I keep experiencing connectivity issues - especially when I try to upload images... This may take until Sunday when I'm actually back in Athens. If I manage to beat the hotel WiFi  and upload stuff then we might have it earlier... :(

Guys, I keep experiencing connectivity issues - especially when I try to upload images... This may take until Sunday when I'm actually back in Athens. If I manage to beat the hotel WiFi and upload stuff then we might have it earlier... sad.png

Curse those incessant Warp Storms...

We know you can make it through, sir!

While we wait, I'd like to ask everyone who hasn't done so already to make a donation to B&C. This is the most awesome forum on the internet and it's all being modded and operated by volunteers, and it is funded by us, the users.

Sadly, after 20 days of fundraising we haven't even raised the money to keep this board up next year. The board still needs at least $800. For some miraculous reason there seems to be an inverse relation to the amount of ETL participants each year and the speed at which the yearly funds are raised. That's ridiculous and we need to turn that around.

So if you liked the ETL, donate at least a couple $. If you can afford this hobby, you can afford to donate at least a couple bucks. No excuses! :D :D

You can find the donation procedure here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/324422-yearly-board-fund-raiser/

Birthday Wednesday, waiting to see what I get.

Dragonlover

@Dragonlover - Happy birthday for Wednesday mate.

Ooh what will you get, hmm?

Alpha Legion Marines perchance, masquerading as Imperial Fists?

Edit: Typo.

While we wait, I'd like to ask everyone who hasn't done so already to make a donation to B&C. This is the most awesome forum on the internet and it's all being modded and operated by volunteers, and it is funded by us, the users.

Sadly, after 20 days of fundraising we haven't even raised the money to keep this board up next year. The board still needs at least $800. For some miraculous reason there seems to be an inverse relation to the amount of ETL participants each year and the speed at which the yearly funds are raised. That's ridiculous and we need to turn that around.

So if you liked the ETL, donate at least a couple $. If you can afford this hobby, you can afford to donate at least a couple bucks. No excuses! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

You can find the donation procedure here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/324422-yearly-board-fund-raiser/

I just sent my second donation.

With the ETL and other events and the general camaraderie of the B&C, how could I not?

We need the B&C! There may be other forums, but this one is ours!

So if you liked the ETL, donate at least a couple $.

A couple $?!

I've been around boards which had to incorporate ads and premium memberships if you didn't want to see those ads. It's not something I ever want to see happen to this place. Can you imagine spikey bitz ads and other click bait banners all over our beloved black and red forum? That makes me want to throw up. A couple bucks isn't doing your duty folks. This is the real world and we have to give in order to get back. This hobby is expensive, we all know that. Chill on your hobby expenses for one month and kick in donations poor Kurgen can see and be proud of!

So if you liked the ETL, donate at least a couple $. If you can afford this hobby, you can afford to donate at least a couple bucks. No excuses! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Good point. Donation made.

A couple $?!

I've been around boards which had to incorporate ads and premium memberships if you didn't want to see those ads. It's not something I ever want to see happen to this place. Can you imagine spikey bitz ads and other click bait banners all over our beloved black and red forum? That makes me want to throw up. A couple bucks isn't doing your duty folks. This is the real world and we have to give in order to get back. This hobby is expensive, we all know that. Chill on your hobby expenses for one month and kick in donations poor Kurgen can see and be proud of!

I just sent my second donation.

With the ETL and other events and the general camaraderie of the B&C, how could I not?

We need the B&C! There may be other forums, but this one is ours!

giphy.gif

A couple $?!

If everyone who participated with the ETL donated $5, we'd be there. It's a collective action problem though, where if not everyone does his/her moral duty (ie freeloaders), then those who do comply need to donate more. I won't say comply or die, but I definitely agree that everyone who had fun at the ETL - and everyone who frequents the B&C - should chip in. 

Banner ads are evil. Let's do some good!

A couple $?!

If everyone who participated with the ETL donated $5, we'd be there. It's a collective action problem though, where if not everyone does his/her moral duty (ie freeloaders), then those who do comply need to donate more. I won't say comply or die, but I definitely agree that everyone who had fun at the ETL - and everyone who frequents the B&C - should chip in. 

Banner ads are evil. Let's do some good!

Yeah, it really isn't that expensive to keep this place running if we all chip in, hence the couple dollars thing. For the cost of a bottle of paint each we could more than keep this place running for over a year.

Archived