+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Great chaplain let down by a terrible gorget and wings but those aren't your faults (and you actually made the wings look actually decent, somehow!). Congratulations smile.png

In other news, I finished basecoating and blackouting my terminators and captain. I'm kind of in a dilemma though, and I hope you can help me out. I'm painting the terminator captain.. The armor is red, the back of the tabard is black. These are definite. Now, for the tabard, I really want to paint it purple..

gallery_60983_8363_83410.jpg

But the traditionalist in me keeps screaming white..

gallery_60983_8363_102791.jpg

What say you frater? White or purple? Purple or white?

Here's mine from last year's ETL. I opted for bone:

gallery_62972_9848_755670.jpg

As for your dilemma (and yes, bone would totally work!), white stands out more than purple but purple would be more unique... have you used purple anywhere else in your force?

No, no purple anywhere; most cloth is black or white.. But I want this to kind of stand out and be unique.. I think I may try purple and if I hate it, there's always Dheneb stone to fix that biggrin.png

I've actually found that screamer pink washed in Nuln Oil gives a very solid "purple" cloth look to the model. Alphael, the 2nd Captain of the BA has something similar to the color I'm referring to, but I really think it pops as an alteration to red. Give me a bit and I can upload a picture for you.

Edit: Here we go.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Donatos_Aphael For comparison.

Here is the WIP tabard. It needs a lot of tidy ups, so don't think of this as the final result. (This is my first time attempting it as well)

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/40k/AAEEE4EB-62B7-4307-80A7-9AFB4ED07B80_zpsrbltdavb.jpg

Here is a WIP Tactical Sergeant, with the banner held up to his back pack to show how well it pops.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/40k/5E597B39-CB45-4643-99DD-B9983BAB13C7_zpskukgczf7.jpg

Hmm Screamer Pink seems to be a mix between old warlock and liche purples.. I was considering basecoating liche purple, then 1:1 liche:warlock purple for highlights and warlock purple for second highlights, followed by a wash of leviathan purple over it all to darken it..  It will end up looking a bit more bluish than the picture above, I think..  I'll post updates when I get to it :)

That picture is odd. Why is the terminator captain in red armor with an Ultramarines banner?

It's my DIY BA Successor chapter, Ultrabloods.

It's a photoshop palette swap of the official GW model photo.

Well this looks like fun. I'm in the middle of painting anything but red right now after painting only BA for the last 6 years or so, if I can get my 'Crons done before this is over I'd love to weigh in. Nice thing about BA is the variety of armour colours, I could do DC, SG, or any number of characters I have yet to slap paint on.

Is there a cutoff date for vows?

It's the first month (of the 3 the ETL lasts) so entry ends the 15th of June so plenty of time yet. Don't forget some Librarians for a change of pace - I've enjoyed painting a different colour lately so my Librarium has expanded recently :)

Well this looks like fun. I'm in the middle of painting anything but red right now after painting only BA for the last 6 years or so, if I can get my 'Crons done before this is over I'd love to weigh in. Nice thing about BA is the variety of armour colours, I could do DC, SG, or any number of characters I have yet to slap paint on.

Like Arkaniss (that keeps autocorrecting to Arkansas furious.gif :P ) said, the deadline for new entrants is June 15th @ 17:00 GMT. The event itself ends on August 15th @ 17:00 GMT. So you have time yet, but keep in mind that the longer you wait, the less time you have to complete your vow. smile.png

Like Arkaniss (that keeps autocorrecting to Arkansas furious.gif tongue.png ) said, the deadline for new entrants is June 15th @ 17:00 GMT. ** The event itself ends on August 15th @ 17:00 GMT. So you have time yet, but keep in mind that the longer you wait, the less time you have to complete your vow. smile.png

** Which converts to:

• 1700 UTC (1000 PDT, 1200 CDT, 1300 EDT, 1800 BST, 1900 CEST, (16/06) 0100 AWST, 0230 ACST 0300 AEST)

Awesome. With a 3 month old son taking up most of my time I'm not entirely sure that I'll be able to take part this year but I'll be keeping you all in mind every time I do pick up a brush. In the meantime...paint on brothers! Everything is lookin' great cool.png

20160524 133108 resized

20160524 133054 resized

20160524 133028 resized

20160524 133013 resized

20160524 133000 resized

5 of the Vanguard Vets done. Will need to take a short break now as I fly to Ireland to get married next week. 

And in answer to the kitbash question its bodies form VV pack. Heads form SG Pack. Shoulder pads from SG pack. Weapons from either VV pack or SG pack. Legs and Jump packs from VV pack.

Keep it up boys and girls, lets do Sanguinius proud.

Will address the axe boys when i get back from honeymoon.

I see a lot of progress going on! That's very encouraging! :yes:

Awesome. With a 3 month old son taking up most of my time I'm not entirely sure that I'll be able to take part this year but I'll be keeping you all in mind every time I do pick up a brush. In the meantime...paint on brothers! Everything is lookin' great cool.png

Well, even a single miniature unit like a Chaplain will be sufficient! Give it a go! What's the worse thing that can happen? Not complete it? But you get to be way more involved in the process and the general fun of the ETL! Think about it! :)

Archived