+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

@ Arkaniss: Welcome - you certainly came in with a bang! biggrin.png Good luck!

@ Tykris: Absolutely. Just work out the total, take the pics, edit them all in your original vow post and give me a heads-up so I can update the first page.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I edited the original post.

I got some painting done last night - Skavenblight Dinge basecoat and started some red. Not a huge amount of progress so no WIP shot yet... I'll wait until they're a bit further along :)

Three weeks to go

Until ETL V registration finishes. The sooner you get your vows in, the sooner you can complete them. Don't delay, pledge you allegiance today!

Just to make sure I get it right, if I want to put in a second vow it has to be made within 3 weeks?

No, the deadline of the 15th June for new participants. Those making subsequent vows can do so at any time during the event once their current one is complete.

Alright guys, I think it's about time I contributed some WIP pics. The first is a shot of the preshaded vehicles just to show the fruits of my labour. The second I actually want some feedback on, it's the hull of a SR with the base coat applied, and I want opinions on if the pre-shading was worth it, and any feedback /tips.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/25/802666_sm-.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/25/802665_sm-.jpg

EDC

Certainly looks like the shading shows through but the trick you are going for probably requires a much less opaque red to work better..  What red did you use for the basecoat?  Please don't say Mephiston Red, that's very opaque..

Painted a bit this mornings Fraters, But decided to take the night off. Sorry but you know how it goes. Updates though. I've got Astorath based in some Mechrite Red (which isn't the same color as Mephiston Red TYVM) and will wash him in Nuln Oil and then start on the gold bits tomorrow. As for the Drop Pod I've been looking at how to paint Hazard Stripes, and I'm going to go for a bone//cream washed inside to the Pod. Wish me luck!

Just to make sure I get it right, if I want to put in a second vow it has to be made within 3 weeks?

No - you only need to declare your participation in the first month of the event by pledging your first vow. After that, and once you complete it, you can vow again at any time until the end of the event! If you're in, you're in! 

OK, so now it's Thursday and the new update will come out on Saturday! How many recruits can you muster until then? Clock is ticking! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Cool, thanks Captain Semper.

Finished shading my ETL vow models last night.  Hope to finish highlighting the reds this weekend.  The rest should take a week or so.  I'm really impressed by the speed of my progress to be honest!

Certainly looks like the shading shows through but the trick you are going for probably requires a much less opaque red to work better.. What red did you use for the basecoat? Please don't say Mephiston Red, that's very opaque..

It's Vallejo Gory Red, one coat which was very thin, and looked pink on the white undercoat, so I hit it with a couple of thicker layers. You think I hit it too much?

It'll have to do for this one as we're against the clock, but it's useful feedback for the rest.

EDC

Certainly looks like the shading shows through but the trick you are going for probably requires a much less opaque red to work better.. What red did you use for the basecoat? Please don't say Mephiston Red, that's very opaque..

It's Vallejo Gory Red, one coat which was very thin, and looked pink on the white undercoat, so I hit it with a couple of thicker layers. You think I hit it too much?

It'll have to do for this one as we're against the clock, but it's useful feedback for the rest.

EDC

I can't be sure, I'm not familiar with VGC paints at all, only used some VEO paints..  I'd say it kind of covered the undercoat a bit too well though, maybe one layer thinner would have been better.  I mean, it looks good, but a thinner red would have allowed the shading and the whites to show better, maybe?

More progress:

gallery_62972_9848_591630.jpg

... and yes, that's vow two in the background.

If you don't mind me asking, which loadout did you settle on for your bike squad? I can't make my mind up on whether to go with combi-grav on the sarge or lightning claw. I am saving my only two grav-pistols for another project I am contemplating so combi-grav is leading my decision.

More progress:

gallery_62972_9848_591630.jpg

... and yes, that's vow two in the background.

If you don't mind me asking, which loadout did you settle on for your bike squad? I can't make my mind up on whether to go with combi-grav on the sarge or lightning claw. I am saving my only two grav-pistols for another project I am contemplating so combi-grav is leading my decision.

When I get around to it I will be vowing

• One Bike Squad with two grav guns, power lance (option for combi-grav magnetised but not vowed as it's less points) and multi-melta attack bike
  • One Bike Squad with plasma gun, melta gun and power sword
  • One Librarian on Bike with teleport homer

Bike Squad two is the old boxset (so old it came with metal torsos and rectangle cavalry bases) but going forward I'll have more Bikes with magnetised bits to enable me to field full plasma/melta squads if I want/need to. The power lance is another option I adore on something like Bikes hence it's inclusion (even though I doubt it will see much action until I have the models to do this)

As for your quandary, a combi-grav is a must for that unit but if you feel you will use a lightning claw and need/want it painted then vow that as it's more points ;)

...stuff...

My one and only biker squad has the same metal figures so I am right there with you on that. I figured that if I decide to do one big squad, I can just claim they are generic marines and hopefully no one will get on my case about it.

Archived