+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Runefyre it wasn't the model not sticking to the base, it was the mechanical back leg snapping at the knee when applying a WASH of all things... THAT was fun to pin.

I wound up cutting some wire to run from the front paw down to the base and supporting the rest of the model with my off hand when painting to stabilize it.

Of course that wound up messing the paint from time to time and really made painting these things a pain in the patella.

Next time I just follow what the rest of the normal world does and glue some extra bits onto a regular Fenrisian Wolf and call it good.

Im making great progress on my wulfen and models.'

How ever I have to slightly modify my murderfang so he will not break during transport. Moving his arm O.o Hopefull I cant get to murderfang on friday/sat

Thanks Race!

White Dwarf 117 (the issue AFTER the one you have your signature quote from). It makes the third one (the other two are the metal ones) so I'm able to run a squad now that our codex caught up rules-wise with Codex Marines.

This ETL was good for me as I also got the third Vindicator done so I can squad both now.

Merci mon ami ! ;-) Not completely done though.

and thanks alos Gemini for your previous kind comment. No Osl for the moment, just a game of colors with the lights and shadows (from pale white blue to dense brown).

Tonight should see the golds shadowed and enlighted. And tomorrow face, hairs and details.

Can't wait to get back to them tonight !

Once the long and boring process of coating and washing is done, the fun part begins : shade the lights on, and see the minis "come to life". biggrin.png

Ugh, It's gonna come down to the wire for me. Work has a way of making life difficult.

However, I'm almost done with two more wulfen (the two I would have had done yesterday dry.png). I'll have pictures this evening hopefully.

I don't know if I'll be able to do any painting this weekend, so it'll be just tomorrow and monday unsure.png

Wish me luck!

I'll take my body weight in Squeaky Cheese Curds if you fail...

BUT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO! WHY? Because YOU are AWESOME!

In all seriousness you're SO CLOSE. We're pulling for you!

You know how some things are sent to test us...

Well today I am tested. Some sticky fingered person has taken my magnifiers.

Thankfully phase 1 with all the fiddly bits is done.

32 models down. 25 to go.

I know of 3 pack members who unavoidably cannot complete their vows. Life sometimes does that.

I do have faith in all of you.

That you have given it your best shot.

Lets finish as we started. Not with a whimper, but with a snarl.

Thanks Dantay and Gemini for the encouragement!

I intend to finish my trials of Morkai and become a blood claw!

anyway, I took a couple photos of my newly finished wulfen plus a group shot; only to find out all but two are corrupted (dunno why).

So being the lazy soul I am, I'll just post the two pics I've got and retake the rest tomorrow.

Here he is:

ETL wulfen 2 pic2

ETL wulfen 2

C&C welcome!

Then you best keep up or be IN FRONT Triszin!

Love the shield and I find it interesting we both used a BRIGHT metallic blue for the hammer heads.

I did the axes in the same color and they came out VERY nicely.

Wow, hard time waking up this morning. Finished to wash the golds at 1:30 yesterday evening…

Tonight, highlights ! At last the fun part of the job msn-wink.gif

thunderpack2

thunderpack1

thornik wip2

Some motivation pics. Come on guys, let's paint the hell out of it biggrin.png We can do that !

G.

Then you best keep up or be IN FRONT Triszin!

Love the shield and I find it interesting we both used a BRIGHT metallic blue for the hammer heads.

I did the axes in the same color and they came out VERY nicely.

Coelia greenshade has a habit of showing up way brighter in pictures than in real life.

personally I prefer the look of runefang steel weapons over the frosty look, though I will be attempting that with the claws on the pack leader.

I like the kinda frosty look myself, but using guilleman blue over the silvers leaves it very dull looking.

Trying ardcoat or gloss varnish makes it shiny, in a glass effect, not a metallic look

Adding blue to the silver goes caricature

Any thoughts/

Am considering doing a black to white transition, with a blue wash and ten a dry brush of runefang...

lets see if i can finish the remaining stuff till monday D:

Wolf Lord

http://i.imgur.com/v95p42c.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/MTxtBUE.jpg

Rune Priests

http://i.imgur.com/eElXxS5.jpg

more pads and heads

http://i.imgur.com/ZJy3ci4.jpg

I like the kinda frosty look myself, but using guilleman blue over the silvers leaves it very dull looking.

Trying ardcoat or gloss varnish makes it shiny, in a glass effect, not a metallic look

Adding blue to the silver goes caricature

Any thoughts/

Am considering doing a black to white transition, with a blue wash and ten a dry brush of runefang...

What about some gloss medium mixed in with your guilliman blue?

OKAY FOLKS

70.5 HOURS TILL DEADLINE

ONLY 25% COMPLETIONS LOCKED DOWN.

LETS HUSTLE!!!

WE ARE NOT FINISHING LAST AGAIN!!

btw in alphabetical terms Vykryl, you have claimed the mantle of the 13th Warrior.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/8d77afe5b4cbef063c74d3ef770e0fe2.jpg

Archived