+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

(...)

@ Iron Skull Mask: Welcome back! Good luck mate - big vow there! msn-wink.gif

(...)

Thanks Captain! Yeah absolutely. It's my biggest vow in a painting competition to date. And although it's not a lot of models, it's quite some work and details. Of course I'm a bit intimidated, but while thinking about the models in my cupboard and the vow, there was this voice in my head (might have been Augustus') saying "MOOAARRRRRRRRRR", blocking out all reason. But I'm confident I'll manage because these are models I always wanted to paint. So far I ran into trouble in competitions when I wanted to do models I was not really fond of.

Oh, and Captain, have you painted that Cypher yet, which you once promised to do... ? biggrin.png

Too easy let me know how you get on! It's easy as and fun to boot! (Just tedious) I still need to do my last rhino so I'll try and snap some photos then.

I also have one last plasma backpack plague marine to build, though I may do another character.

Oh really which one? The fellow above is my sorcerer :D

The berserker could pass as a champion, I'm looking forward to upgrading his axes. Soon soon!

Oh, and Captain, have you painted that Cypher yet, which you once promised to do... ? biggrin.png

I've still been waiting on that vow for the past two years now? ;)

So Tuesday the machine sprit (sp?) chose to abandon my lap top. But the Dark Mechanicus have said that my lap top can be fix & should hopeful hear between 3 to 5 days when I should be able to pick it up. Just something didn't need to happen, was a bit stressful as I'm not really a computer person, if it work all is fine. If not then it one of the most stressful things for me.

Just mean I need to wait a little while until I can upload anything. But so far

- Black Legion, started painting them on Tuesday afternoon.

- Rhinos are both built & ready for undercaoting

- Just undercoat Be'lakor & Abaddon tomorrow.

- 5 Berzerker have been painted, they will be fully painted by the weekend.

- Iron Circle, again both will be finish by the weekend

Augustus - The Dreadclaw look cool. I think after seen this, I will go with the Forge World model in the near future.

Brother Jim - Black Legion are looking cool, really like the look/style & been keep a eye on your army log as well which has been great.

@insane - aha! I thought things had been a little quiet from you!

Sounds like you've been making good progress, I'm super pumped to see your Iron Circle, and the Black Legion as well!

Shame about your laptop man. I'm having similar issues, it's quiet stressful isn't it? Right now I'm on my phone, which is handy.

I want to clean up my thread and my army, hopefully on the weekend I'll make some progress. (After the dentist) Glad you like em!

There will be more :D

I, Carrack, vow that I will complete more points of models painted to the best of my ability than Marshall Mattias, by the completion of ETL.

It's funny, the remembrancers tell a different story... one of a glorious rap crusade that obliterated the traitorous filth that dared trade words with Emperor's truest sons.

Nonetheless, like all Black Templars, I have only one answer to give when challenged...

Against all the odds, here in the very bowels of the heretics' halls, I name thee 'foe' and your life is forfeit. I swear this by the Golden Throne, in the name of the Emperor, the primogenitor Dorn, and their Champion, Sigismund, first of our line.

By blade or by brush, I shall stand victorious.

Do your worst, traitor.

;)

Last night, finished everything bar Huron, the Lord and Mutilators as promised. I'm off to Warhammer World for a campaign this weekend, and will blitz those early next week. Had hoped to finish everything by now, but it's all good.

Will grab some photos of the majority of the cohort this weekend. Lovely to see such good progress from everyone: will go through in detail later!

But for bloodstains and an armless Eldar guardian on one Fiend's base, my first vow is complete. I should have the last bits done tomorrow and hopefully can make a Vow Completed post then.

Started the Bloodthirster. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsaljj3mzs.jpg

I actually preferred to work on the Kytan engine, but I've misplaced the exhaust stacks on his backs. Can't find tem anywehre, to my eternal frustration! Does anyone know a bits seller that has them in stock? Bits&Kits is out... :(

(...)

@ Iron Skull Mask: Welcome back! Good luck mate - big vow there! ;)

(...)

Thanks Captain! Yeah absolutely. It's my biggest vow in a painting competition to date. And although it's not a lot of models, it's quite some work and details. Of course I'm a bit intimidated, but while thinking about the models in my cupboard and the vow, there was this voice in my head (might have been Augustus') saying "MOOAARRRRRRRRRR", blocking out all reason. But I'm confident I'll manage because these are models I always wanted to paint. So far I ran into trouble in competitions when I wanted to do models I was not really fond of.

Oh, and Captain, have you painted that Cypher yet, which you once promised to do... ? :D

I will get to it alright!

*Dives into his stash to find suitable bits*

Its been that long since I went into GW I had no idea they did jumbo sized ink pots. Handy but annoying paying the extra when Im broke. At least I wont be running out any time soon.

@ teetengee- aha thanks man! No joke every time I go to the store they don't have it! I may have to go into the GW store proper. But I hate going in there to buy one pot of paint. They are always trying the hard sell and it annoys me.

I prefer to support my local guy, just means I have to wait for awhile.

I can't wait to see what this color looks like everybody says it's the one! Cheers!

Great progress from everybody lately, I can't wait for my lazy Sunday to soak it all up!

A lot of activity but no new recruits... The second weekly update is tomorrow - so rush in today to enlist!

I, Carrack, vow that I will complete more points of models painted to the best of my ability than Marshall Mattias, by the completion of ETL.

It's funny, the remembrancers tell a different story... one of a glorious rap crusade that obliterated the traitorous filth that dared trade words with Emperor's truest sons.

Nonetheless, like all Black Templars, I have only one answer to give when challenged...

Against all the odds, here in the very bowels of the heretics' halls, I name thee 'foe' and your life is forfeit. I swear this by the Golden Throne, in the name of the Emperor, the primogenitor Dorn, and their Champion, Sigismund, first of our line.

By blade or by brush, I shall stand victorious.
Do your worst, traitor.

msn-wink.gif

YEAH! devil.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Dreadclaw, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

- The Bringers of Despair = 500 pts

• Abaddon the Despoiler (265) = 265 pts
  • Chaos Terminator () + 2 terminators () + veteran of the long war () + reaper autocannon () + combi-melta () + combimelta () & lightning claws () + champion with powerfist () and chain fist () = 235 pts

- The Chosen of Abaddon = 340 pts

• Chaos Lord () + veteran of the long war (), the Murder Sword () + plasma pistol () + aura of dark glory () = 135 pts
  • Chaos Chosens () + veteran of the long war () + 2 lightning claws () + power fist () + 2 power weapons () + champion with plasma pistol () & lightning claws () = 205 pts

- The Hounds of Abaddon = 641 pts

• Chaos Lord () + veteran of the long war () + the Axe of Blind Fury () + gift of mutation () + aura of dark glory () + mark of Khorne () + combat familiar () = 145 pts
  • Khorne Berzerkers () + 3 berzerkers () + veteran of the long war () + 2x plasma pistols ) + champion with chain axe () & lightning claws () = 216 pts
  • Chaos Space Marines () + veteran of the long war () + meltagun () + mark of Khorne () + Icon of Wrath () + champion with plasma pistol () & power fist () = 140 pts
  • Chaos raptors ) + veteran of the long war () + mark of Khorne () + meltagun () + champion with 2 lightning claws () = 140 pts

- Black Legion Warband = 1 214 pts

• Chaos Lord () + veteran of the long war () + powerfist () + combi-melta () + aura of dark glory ( = 120 pts
  • Chaos Terminator () + 2 terminators ( + veteran of the long war ) + reaper autocannon ) & powerfist ( + 2x powerfist () + chain fist () + champion with 2 lightning claws () = 252 pts
  • Chaos Chosens () + 5 chosens () + veteran of the long war () + 5 plasma gun + champion with plasma pistol (& power weapon () = 301 pts
  • Chaos Space Marines () + 5 marines () + veteran of the long war () + plasma gun ) + heavy bolter ( + champion with plasma pistol () & power fist () = 205 pts
  • Havocs () + 5 marines () + veteran of the long war (10x1) +autocannon + 2 missile launchers () + lascannon ( + champion with power weapon () = 220 pts
  • Chaos bikers () + veteran of the long war () + melta gun () + champion with lightning claws () + mark of Nurgle ( = 116 pts

- Cyclopean Cabal = 320 pts

• Chaos Sorcerer () + veteran of the long war () + 2 mastery levels () + aura of dark glory () + mark of Tzeentch () + spell familiar () = 160 pts
  • Chaos Sorcerer () + veteran of the long war () + 2 mastery levels () + aura of dark glory () + mark of Tzeentch () + spell familiar () = 160 pts
  • Third one is already done ;-)

...from Codexes Chaos Space Marines & Black Legion of total value 3 000 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Despoiler and the Blood God and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_40226_11332_1144478.jpg

Nice work Dread Claw! That's an almighty vow. Makes me feel a lot more reasonable about my 900points.

Good luck!

Dude did you see that? Dude just vowed 3000 points in one hit! Dude....

Plus we still have Thaimer and some other stragglers I think who will be late to the party...

I demand more WIP shots from you all!

Finally made it home from duty! I took it easy for the night and decided to play some games on my computer and drink entirely too many beers tonight instead of painting. That being said...

In the name of the Dark Prince, I hereby drunkenly enter myself into a penance vow for the glory of Chaos! If I do not complete base coating and the first stages of shading/highlighting on my Noise Marines (minus the Blastmaster Marines because their parts haven't come in yet) by midnight tomorrow, Captain Semper will be allowed to choose my Avatar image and the contents of my signature until the year's end.

Someone wake me up in the morning. Also, I feel like the autocorrect feature on phones should be added to the Boon table :P

Cheers!

-Kal

Started the Bloodthirster.

I actually preferred to work on the Kytan engine, but I've misplaced the exhaust stacks on his backs. Can't find tem anywehre, to my eternal frustration! Does anyone know a bits seller that has them in stock? Bits&Kits is out... sad.png

Augustus - It was just to say if your still having problem find the exhaust. Maybe have a look that the fiend kits? I've seen some really nice conversion using them for the Kytan. Or if your able to get any plastic rods from any model store?

You'll also really enjoy painting the Bloodthister, it really great model.

Just got updated on my lap top. They don't have the parts & going to order them today, so it most like going be near the end of next week & costing me £120.

Archived