Horus Heresy Teaser: That which was broken will be reunited

JH79

Hi All, just noticed a link posted on the Black Library site announcing a new HH reveal this Friday at 1pm BST... I'm assuming it to be announcement for a new Novella covering new Shattered Legion goodness? Anyone got any thoughts or info?

Its probably the Meduson anthology.

I did think that at first, but i then thought about The Seventh Serpent and many of the other Novellas when they had their general release, there was no real fanfare or build up such as this, from what i recall at least. It would be nice to get a general release of Meduson, but apart of me hopes this might be something new too! happy.png

Hmmmm, it says "broken". Not "shattered". My mind wants the cracked ring thingy to remind it of the Thousand Sons Icon. Magnus is broken... Crimson King is due ....

Hope is the first step to despair, as always....

The teaser image filename includes "Meduson", so its definitely connected to that. However, there's two possibilities: Meduson the anthology and Meduson the story from said anthology by Dan Abnett.

IF it is the anthology, they blatantly lied about not re-releasing the anthology in that way outside of Warhammer World. Not that it'd be anything unusual for BL/GW, but still.

I'm tipping on a novella release of Meduson (the story).

The teaser image filename includes "Meduson", so its definitely connected to that. However, there's two possibilities: Meduson the anthology and Meduson the story from said anthology by Dan Abnett.

IF it is the anthology, they blatantly lied about not re-releasing the anthology in that way outside of Warhammer World. Not that it'd be anything unusual for BL/GW, but still.

I'm tipping on a novella release of Meduson (the story).

I got a copy of the meduson anthology from a friend and have to say it is one of the strongest anthology of shattered legion stuff. This is coming is coming from someone who is not a big fan of shattered legion stuff. Meduson the story is very good but obviously having the anthology available would be better.

Of course it would be, but they've stated before that while they are going to re-release individual stories or will be repackaging them, the anthology as it is was always going to be exclusive to the store. No time limit, simply "that's how it is" from the horse's mouth. I'd be more than happy if that wasn't the case, but if this is how they'll go about it, they're simply making themselves liars again.

@ DarkChaplin - good shout re the name of the pic on the website!

I guess maybe it will be the anthology general release. It's deffo a strange one as they released (quite out of the blue) 2 of the stories as audio drama adaptions about 2 weeks apart a few months back and then nothing else. I assumed they would continue to do the rest in the same style and then follow up with a hardback & ebook general release etc... would love to get my hands on the rest of the collection as both The Either and Grey Talon were awesome!

At least we'll know in 4 days time... just in time for pay day lol biggrin.png

Hi All, just noticed a link posted on the Black Library site announcing a new HH reveal this Friday at 1pm BST... I'm assuming it to be announcement for a new Novella covering new Shattered Legion goodness? Anyone got any thoughts or info?

Interesting development... if you follow the link the strapline now reads Iron, Fire and Stealth. Furthermore the shattered image now sports the Legion icons for the Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Salamanders right in the centre!

This most likely will be the Meduson anthology... or something new new! smile.png

Hmmmm, it says "broken". Not "shattered". My mind wants the cracked ring thingy to remind it of the Thousand Sons Icon. Magnus is broken... Crimson King is due ....

Hope is the first step to despair, as always....

RivNarsilShards01lrg.jpg

LOL

I used to be such a FB for HH novels, but after the "unremembered Empire".  I remembered that 50% were junk and th estory never advanced.  Pity , I really do like th eHH fluff.

I'm honestly hoping that it's Meduson - I've been wanting to read it for a long time, now. 

As much as I'd like the story to progress further, I'm also happy for Black Library to explore the universe some more. It's a long war, it's a big place - There are an untold amount of stories to be told - It's a matter of when we get to the end, rather than if.

Man, and I thought I was a pessimistic sod... People are angry when they don't get things covered, and they get angry when they are covered eventually. People moan about the story not progressing, but shun or talk down the books that do progress things in unexpected ways.

I remember the days when people were upset about their favorite Legions not getting the spotlight and complaining that the Heresy fluff barely touched on them before, and now some of the same people on forums seem to complain that these stories detract from the "main plot", whatever that is supposed to be in a galactic civil war involving dozens of factions all over the map, despite almost all of those story arcs factoring into the grander picture and the finale in one way or another...

Nevermind that we have already gotten confirmation of various arcs coming to a close, or closing with a release this year (like The Path of Heaven, the Corax novella Weregeld, the third and final Salamanders novel due sometime next year I'd guess, Angels of Caliban (which is confirmed to draw upon everything the Dark Angels had going so far and deliver a big twist or reveal towards the end) or the Imperium Secundus anthology we just got artwork for).

Sure, we just got two anthologies too, which scooped up almost every single audio drama and short story that hadn't been in print yet, a lot of which is relevant for upcoming or recent novels. People were clamoring for those anthologies in the main line numbered series, and now that they got those, they're complaining about not getting a full novel every single month of 2016.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh?

My issue with it is some of the Legions have had very little air time:

Blood Angles (1 novel & 1 audio/short)
Emperors Children (1 novel shared with Iron Hands)
Thousand Sons (1 Novel & 1 Audio Drama)
Imperial Fists (No novels, ZERO)
Death Guard (1 and 1/2 novels and a few shorts)

Yes I know "they'll get more air time toward the end with the Seige", that doesnt ease the frustration of "oh, look at that, thats the 10th Shattered Legions novel/novella/audio/short in a row.... wow" [obvious exageration]

Ive been tired of the Heresy for over a year now because it just seems like its going in circles to give the illusion that it lasted 7 years... so what did the Blood Angels do for five of them? Killed some daemons on one planet, went insane for a bit, sat on Ultramar for 5 years picking their noses... then decided to go to Terra, censored.gif that, we need variety, more stories of what each of the Legions is up to at the same time with overlapping arcs would be nice.

I see what you're getting at.

Definitely agree on the Blood Angels and the lack of coverage in comparison.

That said, Imperial Fists will get a full novel called Praetorian of Dorn, confirmed for August.

And the Emperor's Children have actually been featured in Fulgrim, Angel Exterminatus and now again in Path of Heaven so fans of that legion cannot complain.

Thousand Sons I hope will feature more in The Crimson King, supposedly still due this year.

Archived