Horus Heresy Teaser: That which was broken will be reunited

JH79

I can certainly understand the desire to have all then legions fleshed out, BA is a great example. But I guess in the case of Meduson I see this as a new release because its wasn't even limited Ed., rather only available in person at WHW so with the exception of The Either I would think less people would have had access to this.

I maybe wrong but this reads like Grey Talon and The Either are not included in the book and only available as Audiodrama's... I love Audiodrama's (and have both of these already) but that just seems wrong to exclude them from the print version of this release, audio isn't for everyone and that might slow sales of this.

Interesting to see that there is a new new story added to the collection by Wraight called "Hand Elect"... but i still feel a little confused by this "Ultimate Edition" release. Ultimate edition in my eyes would be the Print and ebook containing all 9 parts + the new 10th story... and then an Audiodrama adaption of all 10 thrown in for good measure or sold separatly.

I assume that a regular hardback & ebook will come further down the line, hopefully intact with Grey Talon and The Either followed by audio adaptions for the remaining stories sold separatly - for the moment though, reluctantly puts wallet away sad.png

Interesting to see that there is a new new story added to the collection by Wraight called "Hand Elect"... 

Hopefully, this'll appear as an eBook short in time - as already owning Meduson, would like to read this still!

Am I the only one who want's to see the Salamanders, Raven Guard and Iron hands return to some formal degree o fighting strength? So they can actually have a decent sized scale war? (which may end in their destruction obviously) I just feel like Black Library have thrown a bunch of plot ideas in a blender and are trying to mold the outcome into some kinda weird 5 tiered chaos cake. 

Am I the only one who want's to see the Salamanders, Raven Guard and Iron hands return to some formal degree o fighting strength?

No you're not the only one.

Disappointed that it turns out to be Medison after all, but GW proves the sceptics right.

Well, I guess at least they didn't outright lie this time. It is indeed not the same way they released it before. Still shady and there isn't even a regular ebook version on the main product page, so if you don't find the separate page for that, have fun finding an app that fully supports epub3 multimedia ebooks without lagging or crashing on your device...

My issue with it is some of the Legions have had very little air time:

Blood Angles (1 novel & 1 audio/short)
Emperors Children (1 novel shared with Iron Hands)
Thousand Sons (1 Novel & 1 Audio Drama)
Imperial Fists (No novels, ZERO)
Death Guard (1 and 1/2 novels and a few shorts)

Yes I know "they'll get more air time toward the end with the Seige", that doesnt ease the frustration of "oh, look at that, thats the 10th Shattered Legions novel/novella/audio/short in a row.... wow" [obvious exageration]

Ive been tired of the Heresy for over a year now because it just seems like its going in circles to give the illusion that it lasted 7 years... so what did the Blood Angels do for five of them? Killed some daemons on one planet, went insane for a bit, sat on Ultramar for 5 years picking their noses... then decided to go to Terra, censored.gif that, we need variety, more stories of what each of the Legions is up to at the same time with overlapping arcs would be nice.

Thousand Sons are featured in The Crimson King once it is done/ready for release, and McNeill just teased a Magnus novella on Twitter this week too, probably the sequel to TCK.

Blood Angels had Fear to Tread, Virtues of Sons, Sins of the Father, Herald of Sanguinius, Pharos, a bit of Horus Rising even.

Imperial Fists are featured here and there (Eisenstein, Deliverance Lost, various short stories, often in conjunction with Custodes), and have their due in Praetorian of Dorn this year (I believe August was confirmed already) plus the Siege.

Death Guard are the ones I feel have really gone under, but even they got development in Vengeful Spirit, Daemonology, Scars, The Path of Heaven and The Lion.

Emperor's Children were in the opening trilogy, Fulgrim, The Reflection Crack'd, Angel Exterminatus, Vengeful Spirit, The Eternal Blade via Lucius, The Phoenician, Imperfect, Chirurgeon (all three Nick Kyme and all excellent), and now The Path of Heaven, on top of enemy cameos in various other novels.

The Shattered Legions meanwhile got one collection to themselves, The Damnation of Pythos, a few short stories over the years and appearances in Vengeful Spirit, The Unremembered Empire, Angel Exterminatus and that's about it. I'd argue that Meduson is their first actual outing as a coherent force, rather than running around like headless chicken.

Archived