dracpanzers ETL vow Sisters

Got a chance to begin work on my Repentia themed Living Saint today. Focused mostly on the flesh, a few block colors are started and I've highlighted the armor and what not. Washes were just applied when I had taken the picture, wanted a snap shot of my progress before I headed to work. I'm basing her off of the Valorous Heart Orders colors, with all the black robes and armor, didn't leave me a lot of ways to go on her garments for color. Rather than adding in more red, I went with her unmentionables being white, not sure about the look. Thoughts?

med_gallery_53617_12047_106731.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_30743.jpg

Tried focusing on the eye with this pic, not too good a view, thoughts and comments appreciated!

med_gallery_53617_12047_50825.jpg

Bit more work on the Living Saint again today, bit more block work, some washes, highlights and details. Have an idea about the cloak, but that will take a bit. Thoughts?

med_gallery_53617_12047_85168.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_159983.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_124437.jpg

I'm making her as an alternate Living Saint, a martyred Repentia who somehow is elevated to that status.  Repentia are quite common amongst the Valorous Heart sisters, so that's where I got the idea from. 

Though my main Argent Shroud living Saint is in their colors as well.  Guess all of my Living Saints are just counts as, never set well that there would only be one, or that the same one keeps showing up in different places all over.  But I'm fine with just running them as counts as.

I'm making her as an alternate Living Saint, a martyred Repentia who somehow is elevated to that status.  Repentia are quite common amongst the Valorous Heart sisters, so that's where I got the idea from. 

Though my main Argent Shroud living Saint is in their colors as well.  Guess all of my Living Saints are just counts as, never set well that there would only be one, or that the same one keeps showing up in different places all over.  But I'm fine with just running them as counts as.

That's really the problem with any special character, and actually, Celestine is missing, so playing with her in a setting-contemporary game make only slightly more sense than playing Blood Angels Captain Tycho (deceased) in that same game.

Celestine is missing, but famed for appearing where she's needed most, like Draigo or Sanguinor. It's one of the reasons some people think she might be an Imperial daemon, heretical as that thought is.

Celestine is missing, but famed for appearing where she's needed most, like Draigo or Sanguinor. It's one of the reasons some people think she might be an Imperial daemon, heretical as that thought is.

Huh I didn't know she had the sanguinor thing going on.

My joke is "since sisters all have an invuln, does that make them daemons of the Emperor?" and in some ways, they are. Kinda. Not really.

Bjorn Firewalker speaks Heresy. Please stay where you are while Dominion squads are dispatched on a Purgation mission.

Bit more work on the Living Saint today. She got gloss coated tonight before work, will hopefully begin work on the cloak, a bunch of decals (black fleur-de-lys and one black Templar cross in the center) and I can then start working on highlighting her cloak. After that, it's just basing and she'll be done.

med_gallery_53617_12047_98943.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_144677.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_60075.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_198056.jpg

The purple on the purity seals is just liche purple, with a genestealer purple highlight and a drucchi violet wash.

Bjorn Firewalker speaks Heresy. Please stay where you are while Dominion squads are dispatched on a Purgation mission.

Servant of Dante is the one joking about how Sisters are "Daemons of the Emperor." If you want to be a jerk and accuse me of heresy SOMEONE ELSE committed, then I'll counter by accusing you of heresy in desecrating the Armor of Saint Katherine and the Ardent Blade, and send my own allies after you.

Servant of Dante is the one joking about how Sisters are "Daemons of the Emperor." If you want to be a jerk and accuse me of heresy SOMEONE ELSE committed, then I'll counter by accusing you of heresy in desecrating the Armor of Saint Katherine and the Ardent Blade, and send my own allies after you.

That I did. And I agree that it probably was "heresy," but I also didn't imply that Celestine would be a daemon if I disagreed with her. Obviously, I would just be a worthless heretic in that case.

Either way, it's no big deal. I'm sorry if I've bothered anyone.

Was all in good fun, I'll be sure to submit myself to the hair shirt in penance.

I'm glad to say that I had time this afternoon to highlight the cloak, put 17 fleur de lys and one black Templar cross on it, highlight them and give the whole think a dose of my old GW black ink.

I'm saddened to say that the trick I have used on 7k points of Raven Guard did not work. If I remember correctly I highlighted all my Raven Guard with Dawnstone before a coat of ink. The eshin gray highlights work great for cloth with no ink. The effect didn't come through at all unfortunately. So I highlighted over the wash, table top ready based her and am calling it good for now.

med_gallery_53617_12047_242621.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was all in good fun, I'll be sure to submit myself to the hair shirt in penance.

I'm glad to say that I had time this afternoon to highlight the cloak, put 17 fleur de lys and one black Templar cross on it, highlight them and give the whole think a dose of my old GW black ink.

I'm saddened to say that the trick I have used on 7k points of Raven Guard did not work. If I remember correctly I highlighted all my Raven Guard with Dawnstone before a coat of ink. The eshin gray highlights work great for cloth with no ink. The effect didn't come through at all unfortunately. So I highlighted over the wash, table top ready based her and am calling it good for now.

med_gallery_53617_12047_242621.jpg

I'm calling it. This is my favourite Celestine conversion I have ever seenbiggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, I was initially disappointed with the finished model, but despite my frustration with the cloak I'm starting to appreciate it for what it is.

Work had a turn at killing any time I could get at painting anything. But I was able to sneak some time in this week and with tonight off I was able to complete my Bloody Rose Repressor to complete my first Vow. This is before gloss coat and dull coat. Lighting isn't great, but you get the idea.

med_gallery_53617_12047_110641.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_41011.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_172041.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_291116.jpg

Spent a bit of the afternoon working on the retributor squad from my second vow. They are now tabletop ready. Might have a chance to get started on my Ebon Chalice squad tonight as well, but I leave for vacation tomorrow so I'm not entirely sure.

med_gallery_53617_12047_39641.jpg

Completed my Ebon Chalice BSS squad last night. Broke my phone at work, replacing it today then I will have pics. That will finish my second vow. Contemplating tackling a third vow, probably a slew of repentia, work schedule will tell in the end how big the third vow will be.

Archived