dracpanzers ETL vow Sisters

Challenge Accepted!

Here is a shot of my Ebon Chalice Battle Sisters Squad completed.

med_gallery_53617_12047_3191.jpg

This is my third vow, going to keep them small to make sure I don't go belly up. Looking to use the Vow motivation to get some models painted though. Mistress and one Repentia were painted before the vow. So I'm vowing the other 8 (112 points) to try and help out without failing. In keeping with the Crusade feel of the Army I'll be painting them up from a mix of all the Orders.

med_gallery_53617_12047_134892.jpg

The rest are just some images I took of the completed Repentia Saint and Repressors at the club last night. I sat on the side line while my son got a game in. His Word Bearers had a great game against a gorgeous Tyranid army and won Maelstrom 12-6. Was fun enough that I never thought about taking in game shots. I took these while they were setting up and then got distracted. The board was completed this week by the guy at the store. Think it needs some dull cote before I take pictures on it next time. Thanks for looking, on to paint some Repentia!

med_gallery_53617_12047_56597.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_117344.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_7213.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_38450.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_71545.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_72255.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_162854.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_116333.jpg

Some WIP shots of my Repentia squad for the Vow. Setting up the color scheme for the different Orders. Armor will follow that of the Order and robes as well. The three black armored Orders will have white unmentionables while the other Orders will have black. These are two Bloody Rose Repentia and two Martyred Lady Repentia. Two Ebon Chalice are in the works now and the other three Repentia and Mistress will be painted in Valorous Heart colors.

med_gallery_53617_12047_364408.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_313725.jpg

Pretty good day, got a lot of family stuff done and still had time to finish off six of the Repentia and a good chunk of the block work on the other three. Might have a chance to do at least another vow after this one.

Repentia with red boots, black robes are Bloody Rose. Black boots and Red robes Martyred Lady. Black boots and white robes are Ebon Chalice. Kind of like them the most, but the remainder of the squad and the Mistress will be in Valorous Heart colors. I'll be sure to add some of the Ebon Chalice when I get around to adding additional squads.

gallery_53617_12047_55604.jpg

Contemplating my next vow while eating breakfast and waiting to head to work.

I am not particularly happy with the weapon loadout for my vow force BSS squads and need to add two flamer sisters (one for each squad) but I also want to add a celestian squad to the overall force which will be made up of veterans from each of the small contingents that make up my crusade force.

You are probably not keeping track, but each Orders section of the Crusade army has ten Sisters with the Repentia being made up of all four Orders. I want to make up the Celestian squad up of models that could in a pinch be Canoness stand ins for each Order. Basically a Celestian squad with a Sister Superior and bolters.

Since we have to vow in legal units could I add the two flamers that I intend to run with my BSS squads to the Celestian squad for the purposes of fulfilling the legal unit requirement of the vow? It would still be a legal Celestian unit with two Special weapons, it just wouldnt be fielded that way in the army after the vow is complete.

Hope so, hoping to get the Celestian squad done for the vow after my Repentia are done. Then maybe a Penitent Engine. I have one assembled of the three I need for this force, but dont want to try assembling the other two within the vow time constraints. After that I just have the fourth Repressor ready to paint, not sure how much time I will have after the planned painting above, and my Repressors take a few days to paint.

The nine Repentia are done, good chunk of the block work is done on the Repentia Mistress. Long day at work, will be heading to bed early to catch up on sleep. Showing some progress though, Mistress should be done tomorrow and then I am off to possibly start a fourth vow. The three new repentia are the first one on the left in the front row and the first two from the left in the second row.

Thoughts and comments appreciated!

gallery_53617_12047_59827.jpg

You must be some kind of wizard @dracpanzer... I'm struggling to think of any other explanation for how you're churning out so many quality figures in such a short space of time...

It's also making me feel decidedly inadequate...

That said, keep up the good work!

You must be some kind of wizard @dracpanzer... I'm struggling to think of any other explanation for how you're churning out so many quality figures in such a short space of time...

It's also making me feel decidedly inadequate...

That said, keep up the good work!

Same.

Good job! I'll get over it.

Got the Repentia Squad completed. Pretty happy with how the Repentia Mistress turned out. The figs face was a bit disfigured when I got her. Fluff for the fig is that she represents the Canoness for my force who was in command of a small outpost on a largely unpopulated Shrine World. After a force of Word Bearers descended upon the planet the Outpost was attacked. The Word Bearer lieutenant was able to penetrate the Shrine and the Canoness charged to the fray with a small group of Repentia.

Horribly wounded by the Traitors Daemon weapon the Canoness collapsed from her wounds as the Repentia achieved absolution. The last of their number impaling herself upon the foul weapon but smashed her Eviscerator down upon his helm and drove it deep into the Traitors chest.

The Canoness awoke from her wounds blinded in one eye to find that Repentia miraculously ascended. Resurrected by the Emperor's Grace and Will. The Canoness immediately lay down her rank and took up the mantle of the Sisters Repentia's Mistress. Imbued with the newly risen Saints example, the small force of Sisters quickly swelled the ranks of her flock. Descending into the catacombs below the shattered Outpost. The Sisters begin to take the fight to the overwhelming force of Traitors who were now in full control of the Shrine Planet.

Anywho, pardon my terrible writing. Now the pics!

The Repentia Squad completed 8-3-16

gallery_53617_12047_17041.jpg

Repentia Mistress:

gallery_53617_12047_46876.jpg

gallery_53617_12047_37489.jpg

gallery_53617_12047_16029.jpg

gallery_53617_12047_46302.jpg

Valorous Heart Repentia:

gallery_53617_12047_18968.jpg

Ebon Chalice Repentia:

gallery_53617_12047_51556.jpg

Martyred Lady Repentia:

gallery_53617_12047_3795.jpg

Bloody Rose Repentia:

gallery_53617_12047_55277.jpg

With the Repentia completed, a Penitent Engine is up next! Thoughts and Comments appreciated!

Are 2 of those Seraphim Superior models?

Yes, the one with the helm just had her feet repositioned. The other had her left arm replaced with the left arm from the Seraphim superior and her feet repositioned.

Got the individual Celestians Orders and therefore robes sorted out. All the block work is done and washed. Have to sort out the bolter housing colors, purity seals and faces, and then highlight everything. Plans for tomorrow evening so I'm hoping to have them done Friday night. Still debating whether I can sneak in a Canoness before the end of the ETL. Thoughts and Comments appreciated.

med_gallery_53617_12047_90280.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_45479.jpg

Command squad completed 8-14-16

med_gallery_53617_12047_96188.jpg

The ETL is over for me, but I will be using this thread as a plog for the entirety of my Crusade force as it moves on to completion and maybe even just a plog for all my Sisters projects in the future. Thanks all for your comments and suggestions, get painting!

• 1 month later...

Been away from my Sisters a bit, helping my Son work on his Word Bearer "counts as" Gray Knights. Finally got a bit of time to plink away at assembling the last two planned Repressor Conversions for my ETL born Crusade Sisters Force. Trying to get some momentum built up, so bear with me.

A quick shot of both Repressors cleaned up and for the most part assembled prior to priming. The flamers came in the mail just after I took this pic, they're assembled now. The Repressor on the right is going to be my Sacred Rose Repressor, so I held off on gluing the armor plates so that I wouldn't be burdened working on black and gold around all that white.

med_gallery_53617_12047_483854.jpg

My Sacred Rose repressor with the armor plates just set on the model, they will get glued on after all the component parts are painted. It will have the same icon bling the other repressors have as well. I didn't put anything on the roof top, looking to have a bit more space to put down a mural without having to work on an icon. Will contemplate putting something up there after I get a look at how the mural comes out.

med_gallery_53617_12047_646721.jpg

My Argent Shroud repressor, still debating how the robe colors will tie in. I forgot to order the dozer blades for both of these repressors, got back on it and they should ship today or tomorrow.

med_gallery_53617_12047_559904.jpg

Will begin working on a poor man's exorcist rhino upgrade in the same style as the repressors once I get these painted. Trying to stretch my Immolator canopies as far as I can, since I bought the Exorcists to get them, might as well use the metal bits.

Thoughts and comments appreciated!

Archived