m0nolith's WIP

Some cool conversions here, but honestly I need a reason to post/subscribe to those beautiful angels! :) :wub:

TY kindly :)

Brilliant work as always! I love the Zephon inspired mini :tu:

Thanks! Big fan of your work. Your EC and AL are hands down my favourite EC and AL iv come across, ever :D Edited by m0nolith

Beautiful work as always

Thanks!

I seriously love that new chap. Best use of 'MKV' armour I've ever seen!

Could you please provide more angles of that really menacing pose?!

Sure thing.

gallery_86352_12089_39213.jpg

I seriously love that new chap. Best use of 'MKV' armour I've ever seen!

Could you please provide more angles of that really menacing pose?!

I concur, that marine looks amazing!

Ty good sir :biggrin.:

Edited by m0nolith

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Quick update.

Working on my friends Chaplain Dread gave me the first opportunity to try the new Auric Armour Gold metallic, and I absolutely loved it, so much so that I'm repainting all the gold parts from my tac marines to the new gold.

The one on the left is the old more bronzish gold, the one on the right is the new Auric Armour Gold.

gallery_86352_12089_480156.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Painting a Leviathan.

Did some brass and green stuff embroidery on the front to give it a more blood angel-y look.

My original idea was the one below, to make it seem like a blood drop is falling in a cup thats hanging down, but I removed the cup and and the bottom wires because I was worried it would get bent and damaged through regular gaming use, and after its painted and varnished it would be very hard to have it replaced.

gallery_86352_12089_63415.jpg

Nah, you should have just gone for it dude. It looks AMAZING.

Thanks, I loved the way it looked, but it came to the point that I didn't like handling the model because I was too worried that I was going to damage it. 

Keep in mind its brass so it can get bent far easier than say steel.

Your Blood Angels are gorgeous! I particularly love the MK V conversion and the filigree work on the Leviathian Dread. I agree with your concerns of the chalice breaking off during handling. Have you considered moving the chalice up so that it’s almost touching the blood drip and running an additional piece of brass filigree under the bottom of it to reinforce the whole thing? That would preserve to look your going for and make it stronger as well.

Your Blood Angels are gorgeous! I particularly love the MK V conversion and the filigree work on the Leviathian Dread. I agree with your concerns of the chalice breaking off during handling. Have you considered moving the chalice up so that it’s almost touching the blood drip and running an additional piece of brass filigree under the bottom of it to reinforce the whole thing? That would preserve to look your going for and make it stronger as well.

Thank you :). It’s a good idea, but I’ve already based it with red and I’m just about done with the bottom half already. Honestly I’m liking it without the chalice, it just fits.

Edited by m0nolith