m0nolith's WIP

That red of yours is fantastic! The chipping and weathering, like where the front plates angle by the missile launcher, just make it sublime! *right now I'm doing that chef hand gesture where they kiss their finger tips and then flick them out.

TY everyone :D 

That is a stunning start on the Dreadnought. Do you use a micron pen for the scroll work or is it paint and brush? These are great Blood Angels you are producing.

No micron pen, just a brush. I did try the pen on another scroll and it works fine, the brush is just a little more forgiving when it comes to making mistakes.

The ink the pen uses is bright, clean and hard, forcing me to go over with several more layers of corrective paint compared to the brush acrylic in case of a mistake.

I don't know, i may go back and try the pen again on another project.

That's great work on the scroll using a brush. The pen I use leaves a slightly glossy look, so going to go back to using a brush. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

True, but.... I still had 3 purity seals to do when I took this picture, which are done now. I was going to use the brush, but this talk with you made me reconsider the pen.

It turned out fine, and since ill be giving it a coat of gloss and matt varnish, the glossy look to the lettering isnt that much of an issue.

Pics in the next few days :D

• 2 weeks later...

Who's the "Cadiel" being referred to on his right pauldron? Is it the Primaris Blood Angel's own name? A hero he intends to honor?

Gadiel?

Its his name. 

I used a online angelic and space marine name generator and I liked the sound of it :biggrin.:

On the box his name is supposed to be Tolmeron, but eight is to many letters for me to fit into that small space :tongue.:

I barely squeezed in seven with Angelus on the leg!

Edited by m0nolith

Those bases are excellent. I would love to know how you make them

Cork paper, super glue on the outside edge so it doesnt chip.

A little bit of brass and resin ruin pieces from the Citadel basing kit, add some plasticard and plastic pipes, and top it off with Astrogranite Debris here and there.

And make sure you leave some space where their feet are going to be planted.