The 47th Pjačkash Reavers

Blender123

28043063355_ff9bb07877_c.jpg

28043064365_75d3874797_c.jpg

27429107714_a6e0e4c951_c.jpg

27429128954_05445e42e9_c.jpg

Not a great painter but I really enjoy having all of my miniatures finished. This is the Reaver/ Veteran Squad Bollo of the 47th Company Pjačkash (Pyach-kash) Reavers. Hope you enjoy. Many more pics to follow.

They do, indeed, look awesome. What's that linguistic influence? Czech/Slovak/Hungarian?

The influence for the company name was Bosnian. I feel like the Sons of Horus have an eastern European gangster vibe to them, really scrappy.

27429114144_d1189f491d_z.jpg

27429115304_842d7d9c71_z.jpg

Reavers with jump packs. These guys are one of my favorites. Buckets of attacks with 'Hammer of Wrath' and 'Merciless Fighters', these guys don't even need power weapons to deal with marines. On a good day this squad (10) can produce 46 attacks in a single round of combat.

27965267591_737139abd0_z.jpg

27429109014_a6ea8f3eef_z.jpg

27762443820_9d56937ff8_z.jpg

The 'ard nuts of the clan. Drafted from the 1st company and under the direct command of Ezekyle Abaddon, these fearsome warriors provide the 47th with a powerful tip to their spear. Deployed where the fighting is thickest, these warriors will forge a path for the rest of the company to sweep through. Failing that they can halt an enemies advance long enough for the savage marines of the 47th to surround their prey and slaughter them in a brutal envelopment.

Fully painted armies are a joy to behold, both to look at and to play against. I'm not one for false modesty and you shouldn't be either. These are really nice models.

The Reavers in standard SoH colours look really good, I was about to do something similar with mine so I am glad to have seen some already finished. I'm surprised you went with the official Justaerin scheme after seeing the Reavers though, I suppose some people expect them to be black if they are fielded as Justaerin.

Nice work!

It always seemed to me that there were two kinds of Sons/Luna Wolves; the ones who almost transcend their Cthonian origins like Hastur Sejanus and those who cling to it, like Abaddon. These are the sort I picture captains like Luc Sedirae rolling with and damn, they look good.

The Reavers in standard SoH colours look really good, I was about to do something similar with mine so I am glad to have seen some already finished. I'm surprised you went with the official Justaerin scheme after seeing the Reavers though, I suppose some people expect them to be black if they are fielded as Justaerin.

Nice work!

The way I see it was the black armored reavers are the reavers from the first company. I was really tempted to do them in black to give myself a break from painting the same ocean green, but as you say I hadn't seen them before so I thought I would dive in.

On that note, I thought only the First had black Terminators. Tenth Company field Terminators and they aren't Justaerin.

Spot on, but the first company was quite large as far as I can tell. So like most companies would loan assets across the XVIth. These Justaerin are a 1st company unit that have been loaned (I'm sure there is a proper military term for that) to the 47th.

On that note, I thought only the First had black Terminators. Tenth Company field Terminators and they aren't Justaerin.

Spot on, but the first company was quite large as far as I can tell. So like most companies would loan assets across the XVIth. These Justaerin are a 1st company unit that have been loaned (I'm sure there is a proper military term for that) to the 47th.

Seconded is the word you're looking for. And that makes sense to me, given that Horus made then to be as flexible as a Legion structure would allow.

Seconded is the word you're looking for. And that makes sense to me, given that Horus made then to be as flexible as a Legion structure would allow.

Yes! Thank you.

Archived