WAR's Raven Guard & Raptors

WAR

Well bad news for you, @duz_ , I have to do the bases on my Plasma rifle and Rotor Cannon Squads.  And then you get your wish....gotta break out the  airbrush and start painting my 1500 pt list. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Update - Well started working on some models again and buy working on models I mean buying.  :biggrin: And @duz_ Yes I will eventually paint stuff. 

I do have some models on in the early stages of building and will have photos next week. I also have a HH 1500 pt game Saturday against my friends Iron Warriors.

I purchased the Space Marine Boarding patrol when it was on preorder and I was gonna do them up as Blood Angels. I have decided I'm and with the marines from Leviathan I will be doing them as Ravenguard.  So lots of Raven Guard projects (10th ed, HH, Raptors 10th co)  in my future amongst the Adepta Sororitas, Grey Knights, and Inquistion projects.  

Edited by WAR

So my HH Ravenguard are now 0-2, I had to call game as I was out of units that could hurt the Kratos and Contemptor Dreadnought. Dark Furies are wrong, and after engaging in 2 different melees were shot at be multiple units. I need assault marines to screen them. Seekers died horribly but they are a feared unit. 

After getting home from GF's house yesterday I started working on reorganizing my HH Parts. 

Current Projects I need to start:

2 5 man Cataphractii Terminator Squad

1 10 man Caraphractii Terminator Squad.

1 Proteus Land Raider

1 Sicarian (#2)

1 Spartan  (#2)

Assault Marines (waiting on 5 sets of arms and backpacks from Battlebling, 10 legs from Tortuga)

2 5 man Recon Squads

1 5 scout squad

3 Sabre Tanks

1 Contemptor Dreadnought (#2)

Corvus

So Current Projects I am working on

Praetor with Raven Claws and Corvid Jump Pack

Body is Tortuga, Arms Shoulder pads, Jumpack FW, Head GW

10 man Dark Furies

Tortuga bodies FW the rest. (only 2 Choosers of the Slain)

And Mor Deythans No picture

Tortuga bodies, PGtM Weapons, Rest FW/ GW

So Far 5 of 10 built.

• 1 month later...

From someone with significant experience with Heresy 2.0: You want to have enough Cataphractii to run at least 10 Deliverers, preferably up to 15 if you can swing it. 

They are SO good it's scary. Consensus among my play group is they are the best terminator unit in the game. Battle hardened means they can't be Instant Deathed by S8 or S9 (they can take a wound from a lascannon and be fine), and they get a pair of Raven's Talons for 10 points, with which they can kill dreadnoughts in exchange for losing maybe 2 guys. Rending (5+) with Shred is really good when you have 50+ attacks at WS5. 

Oh, and they have Deep Strike built into their rules, so you don't need to spend the points on a Spartan to transport them. 

Did I mention they can take multimeltas? 

Trust Claws and build Deliverers. You'll be glad you did. 

2 hours ago, Claws and Effect said:

From someone with significant experience with Heresy 2.0: You want to have enough Cataphractii to run at least 10 Deliverers, preferably up to 15 if you can swing it. 

They are SO good it's scary. Consensus among my play group is they are the best terminator unit in the game. Battle hardened means they can't be Instant Deathed by S8 or S9 (they can take a wound from a lascannon and be fine), and they get a pair of Raven's Talons for 10 points, with which they can kill dreadnoughts in exchange for losing maybe 2 guys. Rending (5+) with Shred is really good when you have 50+ attacks at WS5. 

Oh, and they have Deep Strike built into their rules, so you don't need to spend the points on a Spartan to transport them. 

Did I mention they can take multimeltas? 

Trust Claws and build Deliverers. You'll be glad you did. 

I have 15 Deliverers built 2 MM and 1 reaper  but I have another 20 Cataphractii so I could exchange it for another MM.  And I need to start shaving Sons Horus Runs off for the Praetor for my Deliverers

D67QH61RZHySiHwk.jpg

plus I ordered a Cerebus today. 

Edited by WAR

I plan on getting a Cerberus too. But I think it's going to the Iron Hands. 

I'm planning on doing enough Iron Hands to run one Legion as a primary detachment and the other as allies, with the ability to flip who is where. 

I want to do Sisters of Silence as my Allies but so many missing models right now

I plan on getting a Cerberus too. But I think it's going to the Iron Hands. 

I'm planning on doing enough Iron Hands to run one Legion as a primary detachment and the other as allies, with the ability to flip who is where. 

I'm also giving my Shadowsword to the Iron Hands for 3500+ point games. 

Because a superheavy with 12 hull points that can't be one shot killed and has an Iron Father fixing it every turn as well as a 5+ IWND just sounds mean. Especially when you consider that the volcano cannon basically automatically penetrates every armor value I've seen yet. (S14, rolls 3d6 and discards the lowest for armor pen. The lowest possible result is 16. Even a flare shield is no help against it)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I am abandoning the Raven Guard 40k project and rolling it into the Raptors.  I have my 2nd game of 10th ed coming up against my friends Nids so I, figured it is time to break The Raptors out again.  Here is the planned force, 

Raptors (1000 Points)

Space Marines

Raven Guard

Gladius Task Force

Incursion (1000 Points)

CHARACTERS

Librarian in Phobos Armour 

• Warlord

• 1x Bolt pistol

1x Force weapon

1x Smite

• Enhancements: Artificer Armour

Librarian in Terminator Armour

• 1x Force weapon

1x Smite

1x Storm bolter

BATTLELINE

Heavy Intercessor Squad 

• 1x Heavy Intercessor Sergeant

• 1x Bolt pistol

1x Close combat weapon

1x Heavy bolt rifle

• 4x Heavy Intercessor

• 4x Bolt pistol

4x Close combat weapon

3x Heavy bolt rifle

1x Heavy bolter

OTHER DATASHEETS

Hellblaster Squad 

• 1x Hellblaster Sergeant

• 1x Bolt pistol

1x Close combat weapon

1x Plasma incinerator

• 4x Hellblaster

• 4x Bolt pistol

4x Close combat weapon

4x Plasma incinerator

Infernus Squad 

• 1x Infernus Sergeant

• 1x Bolt pistol

1x Close combat weapon

1x Pyreblaster

• 4x Infernus Marine

• 4x Bolt pistol

4x Close combat weapon

4x Pyreblaster

Reiver Squad 

• 1x Reiver Sergeant

• 1x Combat knife

1x Special issue bolt pistol

• 4x Reiver

• 4x Combat knife

4x Special issue bolt pistol

Sternguard Veteran Squad 

• 1x Sternguard Veteran Sergeant

• 1x Close combat weapon

1x Sternguard bolt pistol

1x Sternguard bolt rifle

• 4x Sternguard Veteran

• 4x Close combat weapon

4x Sternguard bolt pistol

3x Sternguard bolt rifle

1x Sternguard heavy bolter

Suppressor Squad 

• 1x Suppressor Sergeant

• 1x Accelerator autocannon

1x Bolt pistol

1x Close combat weapon

• 2x Suppressor

• 2x Accelerator autocannon

2x Bolt pistol

2x Close combat weapon

Terminator Squad 

• 1x Terminator Sergeant

• 1x Power weapon

1x Storm bolter

• 4x Terminator

• 1x Assault cannon

4x Power fist

3x Storm bolter

I a lot to build and prime by next week. 

• 5 months later...

So no photo update but today I should be receiving my 30 Assault Marines (2 squads of 15) and 2 Deimos Predators as part of my updated 2K Raven Guard 30k army:

Decapitation Strike

• Praetor- Corvid Jump Pack, Pair of Raven's Claws, Master Crafted Weapons, Bane of Tyrants Trait
  • Champion- Warhawk Jump Pack, Paragon blade
  • Apothecary- Warhawk Jump pack x2 (assigned to Assault Squads)
  • Contemptor Dreadnought- Gravis Lacannon, Plasma blaster  (Considering switching Contemptor out for 8 man Destroyer squad)
  • Assault Squad-  power fist Sgt, 3 Power mauls 11 chainsword
  • Assault Squad-paired raven claws 3 power mauls 11 chainsword
  • Tactical Support Squad- Rotor Cannons Legion Vexilla
  • Tactical Support Squad- Plasma gun, Legion Vexilla
  • Dark Furies- 1 Chooser of the Slain Meta bombs 7 Dark Furies
  • Javelin Land Speeder- Twin Lascannons, Heavy bolter, 2 HKs
  • Predator Tank Squadron- Predator Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Searchlight, HK, Heavy bolter pintle mount x2

So I have not touched my Raptors since February 2022. And after much internal debate I have decided to part ways with them, the Scouts are already gone and eventually I will offer up what Marine stuff to my group to see what they want. I am keeping a few models for various reasons (my Kill Team 7, Custom Chaplain and Apothecaries will be reassigned to my Raven Guard Horus Heresy army). My 10th Edition Leviathan stuff will become 1st Co Raven Guard as it will be all Terminators and Dreads. My group is currently not playing 10th so I am not in a rush to get them built and painted plus I have my huge Grey Knights army painted I can use. 

So I will continue to update my progress here but mainly as RG HH army. Yes @duz_ that means I will be painting stuff....I think.

• 2 months later...

Well I finally picked up the brush again and started painting a model.....been a long time and well I'm getting there

Wanted to test some thing outs and figured my Sicaran be the best option. 

Well I am moving my Horus Hersey Ravenguard to The Horus Hersey section of the forum. It can be found here.

If I ever get around to working on a 40 RG army or Successor I'll update it here.......1st Co Terminator Army...maybe :whistling: