WAR's Raven Guard & Raptors

WAR

Exactly , now object secure Reivers are cool but not cool with enough Edited by war009

Pictures are stuff is not happening...

Phobos Section I will be working on

gallery_26778_13981_70657.jpg

From Top to bottom: Suppressors, Eliminators, Incursors, 2 squads Infiltrators, Captain, LT, and Librarian....I need to get Duz's favorite unit -Reivers and Riever LT out of storage

Units to eventually Work on:

gallery_26778_13981_190917.jpg

Top to bottom: Sniper scouts, Shotgun scouts, melee scouts, 2x Bolter scouts, Apothecaries, Master of Signals (Company Ancient), Imperial Space Marine (Legends may be a LT) , Captain, Chaplain, Librarian

gallery_26778_13981_42092.jpg

Top to bottom; Land Speeder Typhoon, Predator Destructor, Land Speeder Typhoon, Scout Bikes, Team 7- Kill Team, and Objective counters I need to rebase to 40mm or larger

So I need to build bases for my Suppressors and one of my friends needs bases for his Pteraxii Sterylizors, plus my 2nd Seraphim squad needs their 7 bases done so I will be building Ruined building bases this weekend....

gallery_26778_13981_171825.jpg

So time for the update.....Still more to doo later but heres where we are at:

Thursday- Finished Suppressor bases, started building Reivers (Found 10 unbuilt ones I forgot I had...)

gallery_26778_13981_240873.jpg

Friday

Finished building bases for Objective Counters and Bases from my Friends Pteraxii Sterylizors. Finieshed build both reivers squads (combat blade/ grave chute and bolter squads) and built Invictor War Suit. Also did all the bases for built models.

gallery_26778_13981_260079.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_229742.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_88253.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_238887.jpg

Saturday I airbrushed the newly built models

gallery_26778_13981_272420.jpg

then I did the 1st wash last night

gallery_26778_13981_227920.jpg

Sunday Shoulder pads and knees gloss varnished for decals....

gallery_26778_13981_236990.jpg

Edited by war009

So I spent lots of time last week doing decals, gluing magnets on to bases and setting up models for the game I had palnned saturday with my gaming group

gallery_26778_13981_12028.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_167212.jpg

in between decal drying time, I continued working on my Chaplain

gallery_26778_13981_110673.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_279685.jpg

Repainted my Phobos lIbraian's base and cloak

gallery_26778_13981_38706.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_169966.jpg

And I started working on my Primaris Librarian

gallery_26778_13981_76462.jpg

Game time- 1k

Raptors Phobos - Phobos Captain (Warlord, Ex Tenebris), Phobos Librarian, 5 man Drop Reivers CCW, 5 man Incursor squad with haywire, 2 5 man Infiltrators one with helix, one wth comms, Invictor War Suit, 3 Suppressors, and 3 eliminators.

Vs

Army of renown Vanguard- Reiver LT (Warlord relic melee weapon), Phobos Librian, 5 man Reivers CCW, 5 man Incursor squad, 5 man infiltrator squad, Invictor warsuit, 3 suppressors, 3 eliminators, and impulsor with 3 ironhails and frag launchers.

first turn I failed to kill the eliminator squad but took it down to 1 model alive. Then it went side ways..... suppressors, Captain and invictor all died in 1st turn.

Top of turn 2 I was able to get Phobo Librarian in to melee and killed his librarian and infilitrators, but I had his LT killing one of my infilitrator squads and reivers in a stand still with the other one.

Turn 3 I had to conceed as i was down to less than a handful of models

Where the Vanguard excel is small point games like this where you dont have heavy armor to deal with. He played against A tyranid swarm next game and was getting trashed pretty bad.

I made mental errors and bad dice rolls but Raptors made it to the table!

Ouch! That's rough at least the models are coming along nicely though

Which size table did you use?

Thanks they are a nice break from painitng Grey Knights

It was a standard sized table.  Captian's death was my fault, not moving him to cover and then failing to hit or wound with all but 1 shot from Ex Tenebrius. Lots of early dice rolls that were bad hurt me and me not using CP. Loss was my fault. My Next game was on same table an same pt level but my Grey Knights vs Orks and I won by 2 VPs. 

• 6 months later...

Well Instead of starting a new thread i figure I add my Upcoming Raven Guard HH army here:

Weekend starting plan (Ignore Rann)

Vigilator

Reconnaissance marines

Pathfinder

Jump Pack Praetor

While checking storage for scouts on sprues I found more HH stuff from the BaC box set

Praetors /\ Apothecary \/

• 3 weeks later...

So with my house under construction my paint area is now a storage area.  I did pick up Age of Darkness, and a FW Raven Guard Contemptor and Dark Furys.  My friend and I are splitting the special weapon set, and I purchased a plastic Sicaran. This weekend I preordered the Autocannon/ Lascannon/ Volkite Culverin weapon set (to split with my friend) , 2 sets cards and my other heavy weapons (Missile Launcher/ Heavy Bolter).  One of the FB members had NIB Corvus Corax, Mor Deythan, Dark Fury, and 2 Mk VI shoulder pads for sale so I scoped them up. And pulled the Storm Eagle I got in trade many years ago out of storage and ordered another 40 more MK VI marines. Still another contemptor, a leviathan, and a another Sicaran.

And well here are pictures. 

:cuss: scale creep

blurry photo but both 15 man tactical squads built

Plus since I am going all MK VI I need to modify tank crews 

and gotta love patches and dice trays 

You know one day I'll have my house repaired/ construction and be able to paint again....but that is not anytime soon.

So with a few days off (rarity thanks to being short handed at work) I was able to continue building my Raven Guard for HH.

So I completed the the turret and sponson weapos for the Sicaran

So I decided to start on my plastic Contemptor from AoD box, before heading to lunch with a friend (that ended up rescheduled for next day)

Where I ended up on my RG Contemptor

Up next I started adding spacers to increase their height to my old Cataphractii Terminators from BaC box set.

and started some basic basing too

So now I Have Praetor, Warmonger, Primus Medicae, 15 Deliverers, 2 15 man tactical, Contemptor, and Sicaran built. Still waiting on special weapons for my 2 tactical support squads, and have spartan to build and I have some stuff coming in soon for next projects (another 40 Mk VI marines Heavy Weapons , FW stuff, and more) 

14 minutes ago, duz_ said:

It's all so beautiful :cry:

Also now I think I want a Sicaran.... Damn it War! 

Its such a pretty model...I need second one sicaran, predators, kratos and rhinos for Tank Gangster games

This past weekend's build

Spartan Land Raider

I then continued long task of basing (Galeforce 9 barb wire, coffee stir sticks, Citadel skulls, corkboard and Vallejo Grey pumice)  15 Deliverers, 30 Tactical marines,  Praetor, Warmonger Consul, Primus Medicae Consul, Contemptor, and Storm Eagle's base

I was able to score all this NIB FW stuff on one of the many RG FB groups. 

and I picked up another 40 Mk VI marines

I have more stuff coming in soonish like some shoulder pads, more FW stuff, Totruga bodies.....etc

3 hours ago, duz_ said:

Great work! How'd you the like the Spartan build? Did you magnetise?

Corax....oooh.... I really need to build mine :confused:

Spartan build was a mild pain. My buddy and agree that you should probably build the one track side then attach the hull to it instead of trying to build both sides then adding the hull and trying to get everything to fit.  It does have the sponsons for the  Typhon/ Cerberus versions. Plus coolest  tank commander bits..... 3d map and Nintendo switch. Mine has the Switch for reasons to be seen later :devil:

I did not magnetize it, due to laziness, but it would be easy to magnetize lascannons/ Heavy Bolter/ Heavy Flamer. 

Totruga bodies are here.....but have not started on their projects yet. FW Order is being odd thanks to UPS not accepting signed "sorry we missed you" form and gave me a new blank one :wallbash:. Did get my half Support squad in exchange for half my Autocannon/ Lascannon/ Volkite Culverin box from my friend @Entropomancer. I did purchase my Heavy bolters and Missile Launchers too. 

So what did I build this weekend:

So since I was trade half my heavy weapons off I need to build my Lascannon

and Autocannon Squads 

then I started on my 10 man Seeker squad....:wub:

sgt

Seekers are waiting for their FW Helmets.....come on UPS

and started build first Rotor Cannon of 5 guys 

And Finally weekend build photos

12 minutes ago, WAR said:

UPS not accepting signed "sorry we missed you" form

That's weird 

Like the upgrade bits to the bolters (although personally I'm not a fan of that HH design generally) where are they from?

I also really dig that underslung auto cannon... Shame there isn't a 40k equivalent 

Whens the painting start? :teehee:

4 minutes ago, duz_ said:

That's weird 

Like the upgrade bits to the bolters (although personally I'm not a fan of that HH design generally) where are they from?

I also really dig that underslung auto cannon... Shame there isn't a 40k equivalent 

Whens the painting start? :teehee:

-Scopes, box magazines, and mag clamped magazines Anvil Industries

-Knives- Cadian iirc

-Grenades- SM kit of some type (Assault marines maybe)

-Pouches- incursors/ Infiltrators

-Sgt head- reiver

Autocannons are great.....remember when scouts had autocannons as a heavy weapon choice......I do for 1 edition :confused:

Hopefully soon its should be cooling down this month and with Proteus (Ride for my Seekers)  going on preorder this week, I already have a huge backlog for my Raven guard.  I am planning to get my 1500 pt list painted and start playing by end of year. So some units will be built and waiting paint for a little while.

So last weeks arrivals:

little bits are raven skulls for Knee pads...super tiny

Proteus Land Raider preordered from GW with Warhammer+ Voucher.

Projects 

Added Heads to my Seeker squad, some green stuff tubes and did a lot of basing. 

and well built more models- 5 man Rotor cannon, 5 man Plasma rifle, 5 man Melta gun and Master of Signals