I, Pineamine, vow on the honour of The Subjugators to fully paint at least one tactical marine armed with a bolter from the Space Marines Codex, and worth 50pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Vow #1 2016

Looking great this far frater!! Psycho- nice yellow;)- what is your base color spread?

Pyroclast- I kind of dig the LR door as it looks actually big enough for a marine to fit through;)

Kisada- I imagine you have an airbrush going to get such even color application... I'm jealous if so as its so freaking humid here and I've got another month before the ambient air is not liquid enough to make it worth while to break mine out... That and the mosquitos are a lil too intense without many layers;)

I'll take pics of my brush progress this far this eve... Been cranking down on a portion of my vow

@lionofjudah. Yup I've got an airbrush. But I'm a noob with it lol. Still would never have considered tackling Imperial Fists without one.. I was swearing up a storm when I tried to brush yellow on to fix some overspray

Nice work mithril, very nice! Quick and lovely!

Well, when the base colour is predominantly Black instead of Yellowcry.gif ...things tend to go a LOT Faster laugh.png...

well done to everyone that's joined so far,quick work and pledges...lets hope it rolls on !

Mithril

mithril: Daaaaaaamn, that looks good. :tu:

ShVagYeR: He looks excellent. The weathering is good and I love the little trophy. Those edge highlights on the boltgun casing as crisp as rice.:tu:

My first model is finished. smile.png 4 more to go.

Could that also be the first trophy I see on his base? Looking very good :) I wonder if the base would look better in brownish mud? The yellow would pop just as much, and the gunmetal of the trophy would stand out that much more, clamoring the models victory for all to see ;)

Thank you Brothers!

@Lord Thorn: I agree that adding a little brown could produce a nice effect, however I'm keeping the same basing style I used in last year's IFE for my Captain. And I rather like the grey ash which suggests a prolonged siege and dust from ruined buildings. :)

I'm currently at work, but as soon as I'm back home I'll start painting the next one which features a severed Iron Warrior arm on the base. :D

Dos- the new transfer sheets are amazingly crisp and detailed. There's a fists one in eBay for $15 usd right now
ShVagYeR-really like your weathering and I'm a fan of the ash grey basing

Heres a fast shot of what Ive got finished thus far- all wip members of Siege grenadier Sectum 33 under the command of Piongren Instructor Ryiodin E'modii- he's the cat sporting the templar cross. This squad from a mixed platoon of counter sappers based in the Obligarch kommidi sector of the 92nd's full frontal defense of the Perdition gate at the Siege of Terra.

Im working on fluff for each member of the squad and will be adding these guys to my HH force. This is my second round of IF army painting and I really enjoy painting yellow;). I have the rest of this squad built using Immortals bodies and will prime them asap. 

http://i.imgur.com/28h2kb3.jpg

Very characterful squad, lionofjudah! Great work! I think my favorite is the one second from the right with the combat blade: what's his story?

Sadly, no more progress to report on my part (sad.png), but I do have a question to ask Dos: do we have to declare that we're going to include trophies on our bases beforehand, or can we include those during our work on the models and report the extra points at completion? Just wondering...

Thanks Dos and Psycho... been excited to get it on with the yellow.

Heres a lil write up on the boys. These men of the 92nd are all veterans of dozens of sieges and display their prowess in various ways- the blackened gauntlets on several shall display tactical markings and acheovenments during campaigns, the red shoulders mark several of the men's acknowledgement that the blood of their brothers of Clan aveinii was shed on Istvaan. The blacked helms are of Terran veterans and the red helmed dude, Maxis, is my vexilla bearer who is wearing the helmet of his mentor in the 92nd, honour guard Vaxilly Drogun, who was slain during the initial assaults o the Perdition gate by the World Esters. 

The vexilla bearers of the 92nd are honored and revered as exemplars of their unit and Maxis is a true Inwitian. He lost his own helm protecting Medicae brother Svarti who was rescuing the fallen Droguns gene seed. Maxis attained the 92nds honour colors from the fallen Drogun while attempting to reach the flashpoint storm section that was defending the breach. As the 92nds colors approached a choir of angels wrath descended on jump packs to assist the beleaguered defenders in pressing the Eaters back and retaking the lost Avenue of Prisrch which was objective primaris for the Eaters that 4th day of the fall. 

Ugh, should've been painting, but instead I've spent the last three days installing 100 magnets on my BT models, something that I was supposed to do a long time ago already - mind you, some already have/had magnets, but a lot of those were too weak so needed replacing, the only exception being those I installed two years ago. The ones I installed now were even stronger, if only slightly. Alas, now I need to order another batch of 100, frankly should've done it when I ordered the now-installed 100 too. But at least what with being temporarily out of magnets and all, maybe I can get myself to paint in the meanwhile :P

What are you magnetizing? Every joint?

Just weapons options for now (debating backpacks, I hate gluing but blu-tack can be an annoyance too - blu-tack is currently holding together just about everything not magnetized, except for torso front/back joins which are glued - yeah yeah, I know I'm weird :P ). So, basically 4 magnets per model, plus of course more for extra weapon options. Just that I have so many marines to magnetize, even after having put all these in place, especially because of having to replace the old bad magnets. Should be noted that originally I started magnetizing even my troops for BT because of the whole CC/Bolter switch, something regular tacticals don't/can't do. And after that, I figured I'd just magnetize all my plastic/resin models while at it - although not sure if I'm gonna stick to that once I start painting my orks... hahaha.

Updatey Timey,

Cap's about done,with my Deathwatch im working towards nice tabletop level so not going to go all OCD on this project(i really want to play this army...quickly),he just needs the sword finished and a Fist Decal on the shoulder and some kind of Eldar wraithbone and tile base made to show he's on an Eldar Craft World in the thick of it purging the poor slender folk from the Galaxy laugh.png

med_gallery_9146_7882_162221.jpg

med_gallery_9146_7882_882194.jpgmed_gallery_9146_7882_856798.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

++ @ ShVagYeR - great weathering on that fist thumbsup.gif

& Lionofjudah- fast work indeed,i like axyman on the far left! .

@psycho - so much done already man!! eek.gif cant wait to see finished product and those trench worthy mud base's wub.gif

Archived