Duz does RG

duz_

Great job there!

Not a fan of the model, but you've made it look good.

My favourite chaplain model is the one in my avatar. Can't get him anymore though :(

Original plan was to do some conversions with a lotd model. Unfortunately time and money meant I had to go this route for now. Which tbh I don't mind I'm glad another local GW regular gave me the backpack. Adds a bit of flare!

Possibly ... he's an old model so kitbashing will require a fair degree of knife work and green stuff.

Annoyingly his head is part of the main body cast.

Id be curious to see how it goes though. :)

I can't help but feel like that chaplain would make a cool Librarian conversion.

I feel like that's a combination of the pose (to a degree) but more importantly the Mk III armor. It looks suitably ancient/knightly/different to fit well with the Librarian esthetic I think. That and of course the chain-bound book. :yes:

So more procrastination instead of eating my vegetables...

Turns out I need to paint nearly all my BDC! Yay...haha

Fortunately some of them are at least 3 colour minimum so worst case scenario I can play them.

gallery_87434_12256_307577.jpg

Oh and everything needs to be based...

Double oh, they all need their RG shoulder pads too..

Edited by duz_

Seriously like after one its like "Yay all done" (Looks over to the table next to him with 7 more waiting) "Sighs"

But still gorgeous I'm sure they will be quicker for you the more you do. Maybe try batch painting them?

Krash 

Ha yes its kinda like that isn't it. Fortunately I only have 3 total and only need 1 more painted for my tournament.

I have tried batch painting with this pattern on my infantry. It doesnt work so well. As its easy to lose track and given the amount of work required you lose motivation as it takes so long to see a final product.

Fortunately the larger brushes have made my life somewhat easier. :)

gallery_87434_12256_268820.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_232389.jpg

So looks like the event is over for me. I wont get the second pod done at this time.

For a break I will start on my bikes and infantry. :)

Stay tuned!

So now the challenge is over time to start on my BDC

I assessed all my models today.

Fortunately it looks like at bare minimum there is only 12 models that aren't at least 3 colour minimum + the 2nd drop pod. So worst case scenario my army should be painted come the event!

However out of the 30 odd models that make up my BDC. Only 5 are fully painted... so time to get cracking!

I had some time today to get the ball rolling.

I started with getting the eyes on my models done. The white on a sgt helmet and skin tone base colours.

The plan will be the same as I have previously done.

Given the time it takes my models I find the task less daunting if I batch paint to a 3 colour minimum getting most the big details done first.

After that I go one by one and complete the camo on each.

First squad to be fully complete will be my Bikes. :)

More updates to follow

gallery_87434_12256_329092.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_74896.jpg

Edit: Now with proof. ;)

Edited by duz_

So I am now a firm believer in 1hr a night.

It seems to slowly chip away the painting queue. Obviously a whole weekend to get extra stuff done too never hurts. ;)

Meanwhile I don't know why I keep doing white the hard way... My concern at this point is that I'm so far committed to pure white. To do the off white, whites now would look odd... ohwell

gallery_87434_12256_247524.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_34942.jpg

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

So table top ready with the bikes. With the progress I've made on them I think I will take these all the way through to completion with the camo.

So now to do the camo and detailing one by one. Ill give myself 2 weeks for this?

Then back to infantry.