Black Book - The Eastern Expansion Campaigns

simison

Not titans, as they are separate forces to the Legions, even if deployed with them. But tanks, Super-heavies, flyers and ships (I guess) should all be fair game.

Cool. Their use of super-heavies will be quite sparing, same with flyers (bombing means collateral damage, after all)

The Insurgos

While the Primarchs were the undisputed masters of their respective legions, not one of these gene-sires were capable of securing the complete loyalty from all of their sons. Many a loyal Lightning Bearer would meet their end due to their father's machinations before the Insurrection came to be. Yet, disloyal sons were not always composed of a few renegades. Insurgo was the high-gothic designation for a sizable and well-organized band of space marines that chose a different path from their Primarch.  

Though it could also be couched in that sort of language, as the reasoning runs similarly. Wear down and confuse the enemy so eventually it's easier to eat them.

Ahem, I mean, impose a process of transition by which a full Compliance may be achieved...

Thus, while the number of Halcyon Wardens who chose the Stormlord over their own Warmaster may number upwards of 15,000, only the 6,000 Traitor Halcyon Wardens under the command of the infamous Malis were counted as an Insurgo force. Given the large number of years the Stormlord took in planning his Insurrection, the secret purges of Icarion ensured that the Insurgos were disproportionately represented by defections from Loyalist legions. This is not to say that there were no Insurgos who took a stand against their erstwhile liege lords, such as the vaunted Shepherds of Eden, but merely that they were fewer in number compared to their mirror counterparts. 

Outside of those parameters, there existed a great deal of variation between the Insurgos. Most of them came into being at the onset of the Insurrection as the divide between Loyalist and Traitor became clear. Two, however, unofficially came into being during the Great Crusade, the famed Shepherds of Eden and the Morning Stars. Although all Insurgos comprised the largest organization of defectors, size was not uniform between Insurgos.

What about the Morning Stars?

Who are all Insurgos during the whe insurrection?

Malis' Halycon Wardens 
Dune Serpent traitors largest warband 
The Morning Stars 
The Sheperds of Eden 
The Ember Host, traitor FK 
Naagolshi & Wendiigo, traitor IB 
EW loyalists under Takar 

Bloodlords 

I wonder if the 'Lost Brotherhoods' of the Godslayers count as well.

Do the wardens who defect count? Not sure about them.

Hm, that's interesting because it's not from one side to the other, but a defection from neutrality. Are they reabsorbed back into the legion when Gwal takes the field? Do they display separate iconography or combat styles?

Hmm. They meet on terra. They fight togheter but atm the plan is to disband the wardens afterwards. To be honest I havem't thoight of different fighting styles, iconography etc. Although i want them to become later Grey Wardens^^

The whoke legion becomes something like the dark angels. Small chapters bit togheter.they built a legion, not the wardens of light (until end times.i think) the "unforgiven"/ or grey wardens. They seek forgiveness by the emperor. Either by finding their.primarch and a cure for big e or by crusading. They have practically lost the light.

Think those directly under scorpions command will become known as grey wardens or other names who symbolize the loss of light. -> crusaders

While those who stayed at thr side of Gwal are looking for him and the cure. -> seekers.

Not yet sure. Either I will give it to the cohort led by Guaire Amalasan" Apostles of Light"

Or none shall get it and the Orphams of war protect it and for every wardem successor it is the greatest deal to once visit avalon and enter the tower of light where the history of the wardens and their sucessors is recorded.

Well, it sounds like there won't be that much of a difference between the two waves of Wardens. We'll mention it, but, rule-wise, they're all Wardens of Light.

So, do the Wardens of Light disband before the treaty with the Suzerainty?

That's an interesting idea - I don't think they need to be included in the Insurgos chapter (other than maybe a tiny mention), but I kinda like the idea that the Lost Brotherhoods (which I added in basically as an easter egg) actually pop up here and there post Insurrection, maybe appearing in defence against the daemonic incursion on Zbruch.

That's an interesting idea - I don't think they need to be included in the Insurgos chapter (other than maybe a tiny mention), but I kinda like the idea that the Lost Brotherhoods (which I added in basically as an easter egg) actually pop up here and there post Insurrection, maybe appearing in defence against the daemonic incursion on Zbruch.

We can certainly do that, maybe give them a cohort, so that the Godslayer Loyalists make it to 40k. 

He disappears after solar is cleansed and his wounds are healed. If there disappears no other, then yes, he will be the first.

Yeah, he does sound like the first one to exit stage right, post-Insurrection.

Alright, so Morning Stars or Shepherds of Eden. Who's bigger?

Archived