Black Book - The Eastern Expansion Campaigns

simison

Can someone please explain what's going on? I was out of the loop the whole time BnC was down so I have no clue what's going on

All we did was try to establish an outline for Expansion. The factions were picked here, so we were merely trying to come up with the campaigns.

So, still at issue, which of the Insurgo factions do we want to feature here? I know of three off-hand: Malis and the Traitor Wardens, The Dune Serpent Traitors, and at least one Void Eagle fleet.

I'd say

Malis' Halycon Wardens

Dune Serpent traitors largest warband

The Morning Stars

The Sheperds of Eden

The Ember Host, traitor FK

Naagolshi&Wendiigo, traitor IB

EW loyalists under Takar

Possibly Turrus?

Also, just an idea as to how the two campaigns can overlap:

Frustrated by the Dune Serpents turning what he thought would be a relatively easy victory into a guerilla war, Icarion sends the Stygian Jackals to kill them while sending another legion(Drowned?) to cut off the Eastern Fringe's supplies from the northern forge worlds of the Imperium. Seeing the danger, Alex sends Yucahu to hold a north east-eastern fringe corridor open, to try and keep the supplies flowing to the Dune Serpents or, if Yucahu judges the situation too desperate, to evacuate as many astartes, troopers, labourers and as much industry as possible from the Eastern Fringe.

Ah, I forgot about the Loyalists Insurgos.

Now, last I heard, we wanted to tie each warband to a specific commander to differentiate them from their parent legion. If we go that route, can we fit all of the Insurgos in this book or should we focus on a few of them?

Since this is the Dune Serpents' book, I was thinking we could feature the rescue of Azus and then have him take command and unleash retaliatory strikes. 

Bloodlords as well?

Could fight against the loyal EW. As they are close connected to Travier, he might send them to hunt down his "traitorous" sons, which then could be supported by the Predators as they are hunting the Bloodlords. ^^

We could use the isurgos to fill the gaps in books when needed. Although a full books called insurgos wpuld be cool as well^^

Sig listed off 8 Insurgos, and then there are the Warriors of Light who rejoin the Insurrection far ahead of Gwal's return. So 9 Insurgo factions.

Looking at the current Book outline, I don't see any book where we can fit all 9 into at the same time, so that does lend itself to creating a 9th book for them. At the same time, do we really want to add another planned book? 

Another question is how many Insurgos can we fit into one faction slot?

Lastly, Rip, you came up with rules for an underwater scenario. Go ahead and post that in the Book 1 thread. That's where the two underwater legions are currently being worked upon.

We could use the isurgos to fill the gaps in books when needed. Although a full books called insurgos wpuld be cool as well^^

Sig listed off 8 Insurgos, and then there are the Warriors of Light who rejoin the Insurrection far ahead of Gwal's return. So 9 Insurgo factions.

Looking at the current Book outline, I don't see any book where we can fit all 9 into at the same time, so that does lend itself to creating a 9th book for them. At the same time, do we really want to add another planned book? 

Lastly, Rip, you came up with rules for an underwater scenario. Go ahead and post that in the Book 1 thread. That's where the two underwater legions are currently being worked upon.

Uhm. Who are those warriors of light? One more time and you have to send me a pinter of beer. ^^

How many Insurgos we can fit into one 'Legion slot' depends somewhat on how deep we go with them. If all we're looking to add is a character with a fitting Warlord trait to show his style then we could do up to around 10-12 per 'slot'. If we want a bit more (character plus a RoW or two) then we're looking at 5-6. If we end up going even further (new Legion rules and a unique unit or similar, in addition to previous) then we could probably only fit 2-3 per 'slot'.

So how far down this particular rabbit-hole do we want to go?

The Ember Host should be included in Underwater Madness, I think. The Shepherds will have to appear in Book 2 before they're slaughtered.

You want to add a 7th faction to the first book?

The largest group of Traitor Wardens would be the corrupted Order of the Shield members underneath Malis' command. At most, it needs Malis as a character and 1 RoW to represent the few thousand Wardens he has. 

How about 3 here, the 3 most unique and largest (Sheperds, Morning Stars and maybe Dune Serpents). Then we can scatter the rest throughout thz othzr books

I think that's a good start, but could we count up what the Insurgos need since Grifft mentioned how well they fit in a single faction slot?

Make a kind of point system and see how much we can fit here. An example would be the Ember Host only has the Warlord, so 1 point. The Malis and the corrupted Shield-marines would be 2 points (1 for Warlord, 1 for RoW). 

Let's take the Shepherds. How much would they need to represent them? 

EDIT:

Malis' Halycon Wardens - 2 points

Dune Serpent traitors largest warband - 2 points

The Morning Stars - 4 points

The Sheperds of Eden - 4 points

The Ember Host, traitor FK - 1 point

Naagolshi&Wendiigo, traitor IB - 2 points

EW loyalists under Takar - 1/2 points

Bloodlords - 2 points

The Naagloshii & Wendiigo could be fully represented by a unit for the Wendiigo and council upgrade or generic character for the Naagloshii.

Updated. As it stands now, we can fit all accounted Insurgos in one faction slot easily, taking up about half the 'space'. But that still leaves the much larger Insurgos like the Shepherds and Morning Stars.

No, the Insurgos are the reverse loyalties of their parent legions. They're not limited to Loyalists of Traitor Legions, but also include Traitors of Loyalist Legions too. The Bloodlords would be here, I'm assuming.

Yeah that is what I meant.

So yeah, Bloodlords could count as well.

Would give them a leader and a RoW as I'm attending to turn them into something like a Khorne Daemonkin.

Archived