Soldier of Dorn

I've got a massive pile of gift marines I use to source my corpses too I've kinda thought the same thing but haven't gotten around to starting my own table yet. I think you're absolutely rite though it has always seemed odd to me that casualties usually get left out in terrain building. As for the shoulder pads have you looked into shapeways? I've seen a ton of pads and other awesome bits on there some of which I'll probably be ordering soon and a lot of the prices seem to be slightly better than fw.

Seriously someone stop me from buying crap I just got another 6 outriders and 15 kakophoni

No ( send them to me if you don't want them <3 )

I've got a massive pile of gift marines I use to source my corpses too I've kinda thought the same thing but haven't gotten around to starting my own table yet. I think you're absolutely rite though it has always seemed odd to me that casualties usually get left out in terrain building. As for the shoulder pads have you looked into shapeways? I've seen a ton of pads and other awesome bits on there some of which I'll probably be ordering soon and a lot of the prices seem to be slightly better than fw.

I've looked at Shapeways, I may go that route as I have a few people who I've regularly played with in the past and I'd like to create a few corpses from their Legion to tie in the battlefield. I'd like to have an even split on corpses so no one will get butthurt, then again if you do get twisted over a game of plastic dude men, you need to reevaluate your priorities in life.

Seriously someone stop me from buying crap I just got another 6 outriders and 15 kakophoni

If you don't stop buying crap, I'll beat you when you come over next summer.

Film it and post it here.

I'd watch it.

I'd watch it, hard.

Managed to get the conversion finished on Ahriman. Went with a running lion icon, not sure why but it fits with the theme. On my phone so will need to turn links into posted pics later ...

gallery_25187_12379_162708.jpg

gallery_25187_12379_23098.jpg

gallery_25187_12379_37074.jpg

Don't think it's a cannon Chapter symbol so any ideas on Chapter names?

Thanks uveron:)... My vow for the month is to build and prime as many dudes and vehicles as possible so that the winter months will see me painting like a fool.

I'm trying to clear out my to build box so I can finish my warhound in time to prime before the cold sets in.

Last night I finished 3 more BA assault guys, the IF command dudes(who are being turned into other fists), and based a few other bodies to prepare their arming.

I wish I could write a solid list out but my gamer addhdocd keeps that from happening.

Alright, guys - sorry to have been very quiet the last week. I am applying for a new position at work and this combined with my fysiotherapy and general recovery from my slipped disc is taking up a lot of my time. I did manage to finished a unit this month so far, though: the biker unit. 

Tadaa:

VIII Assault Biker Squad

Veteran Sergeant - Askel Langsdov - Lord Commander Eidolon

As a promising initiate, Sergeant Langsdov was inducted into 8th Company, where he quickly rose to the rank of Sergeant. He was noted by his superiors for his inspiring leadership and battlefield cunning, displaying an aptitude for precision strikes. As such, Captain Landa requested him specifically to take command of VIII Assault Squad, after the death of its former Sergeant. Despite some initial reluctance by the rest of the squad to accept a new member in their ranks, Langsdov has proven himself to be an inspiring leader. His years of service, combined with his friendly rivalry with the commanding officer of VII squad, Sergeant Yegar, have earned him the respect and friendship of VIII Squad.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/BIker%20Squad%202%20Sergeant_zps7v2qutu1.jpg

Awesome sauce Old Chap! My alter ego is looking pretty cool in yellow! Do you think I can convince the Mrs to let me have a real bright yellow bike.....

Can't believe you can smash out this stuff despite your ailments! Do you want Von Kalda to come by for a house call?

Right. Got out of my hobby slump long enough to finally finish assembling that bloody Seeker Squad and do a starting picture for this month's vow, now that we're almost halfway through...

med_gallery_78067_12186_1266171.jpg

(And yeah, I know a couple of the Termies are kinda... done. But the squad overall is in early enough of a stage of completion that I'm still vowing it. Need them done this month, no matter what, and they fit nicely into my list.)

oooo someone's going to be a busy psycho ;) can't wait to see those seekers painted brother.

I managed to make some headway on Ancient Alexion yesterday. After playing around with what metallics I have on hand I think I found a way to make the trim and ornamentation the color I want.

Then I started on some more tribal line work.

20161115_223541.jpg

20161115_223730.jpg

I still need to finish the rest of Alexion's "tattoos" in white then I'll go over them in a really light grey then black line around the edges.I was considering throwing some more color in to the tattoos but I'm not sure how well it would work out. Maybe just doing one or two designs In red or yellow? I might just wait and use that for different squad designations though. Anywho I'd love to hear your thoughts . My plan for tonight is to hack up the conversion beamer and make something choomy out of it ;) keep up the awesome work everyone I'm living vicariously through those of you who've been able to buy a BOP box as I haven't yet so keep those conversion pics coming :D

Struggling with the gold on the Custodes. Once that's cracked it's 95% of the model finished. Just trialing another way of painting it. Hopefully it'll work this time.

Really want to get them finished ASAP as the resin/plastic mountain has grown this last 3 months not reduced. I'm now looking at probably a DW force equivalent to a Watch Fortress worth. Plus Grey Knights, Assassins, Custodes and Sisters of Silence. Lol ... That's all being added to my originally planned =][= Force.

I'm now looking at probably a DW force equivalent to a Watch Fortress worth. Plus Grey Knights, Assassins, Custodes and Sisters of Silence. Lol ... That's all being added to my originally planned =][= Force.

So with those forces under your command would that make you an inquisitor or a watch captain ;)

I'm now looking at probably a DW force equivalent to a Watch Fortress worth. Plus Grey Knights, Assassins, Custodes and Sisters of Silence. Lol ... That's all being added to my originally planned =][= Force.

So with those forces under your command would that make you an inquisitor or a watch captain ;)

Lol ... Just someone with a bit of clout. ;)

Test model for the Custodes has been finished, really happy with the jems ...

gallery_25187_12593_36614.jpg

The other four have had the gold done and started doing details.

@ SW1: that Hriman conversion looks oretty darn good. It's inspiring me to use mine as a base for a sorcerer. About the name, it's pretty hard to see what the chapter symbol is. Might be the angle. Could either post a clearer shot or describe it? :)

I'll try getting a better pic later. It's a lion including the full body rather than just the head. The curve on the pad makes it a challenge to take a decent pic of it.

@Kurama: I hope it gets better for you dude, I remember you saying that you finally had your dream job a while back but it gets easy to feel like you're missing out on the city

I was really getting into the groove with the Castigator today...so I started the Acheron too! I'm going to save the Atrapos for last I think.

gallery_81212_9961_1251789.jpg

Kurama- hope the days move with ease for you bro. Lots of transitions man. Self-care is super important to remember.

Rangaman-looking great!! Love the full combat poses... Bought my Archeon premade and not happy with the stance... Especially with pics like these;)

Man, I've been farting around with my Vow, I've managed to move my miniatures a few inches on the painting table since my last update here.

I think I'll be able to get some work on them tonight, assuming all goes as planned.

Outside of that, my two Leviathan Siege Dreads and a ton of Mk IV shoulder pads came in the mail. That'll be a huge motivator as I'd like to have a ZM capable force in the foreseeable future for my EC.

So it's time for my mid-month WIP pic...and I'm a lot further along than I thought I would be! Mostly I have a black wash to apply to some small areas, a lot of metal highlighting to do, faces and bases. But I'm very happy with where these guys are right now, and should have them finished in plenty of time (but we've heard all that before right?)

20161117_202437.jpg

Archived