Soldier of Dorn

Nice conversion work, SW1. That Inquisitor looks good, though there doesn't seem to be any sign of an Inquisition symbol on him. Perhaps you could paint a small =][= on the right-hand (facing the mini) hem of his overcoat in golden yellow or dark red?

Cheers everyone for the feedback on the muscle, Pyro, Psycho and Dos :) I'm trying to get painting it sorted before practicing sculpting, since eventually I'm going to add it to Curze 2.0s armour. I'll try some new styles on the other 4 pads, but thanks for the suggestions or thoughts :D 

Really liking the seekers Pyro, fluff and models. Favourite has to be the fully tooled out guy with the combi melta on a chain :P Sucker for that. The scales on the Leviathan also have come out really well, add a nice bit of character 

Bran is coming along nicely, Khârn works suprisingly well for a Wolf model ;) 

Ranga, I'll be honest. If I get a Lancer I am copying you :D It's looking awesome pose wise, can't wait to see it painted

Cool Inquisitor there SW1, different. Unique, in a good way. Gonna certainly be a bit of a contrast when he's standing next to the servitors 

Still working on his fluff but he's not going to be openly a member of the Inquisition hence the lack of openly showing the =][= icon. Had an idea sloshing around for a bit of writing for him. It's the very first draft ...

Watching the ghost-pics Maximoze noticed a flash of something glinting behind him.

"Could you make that armour any more conspicuous brother?"

Just a faint sound emitted from the younger Inquisitors throat. Was it frustration or embarrassment? Maximoze didn't care which, he'd spent too long hunting this heretic to have some young fool spoil everything flashing his rosette around making himself a big target in his overly polished armour.

Chuckling to himself as the thought of using the whelp as a diversion to the real task crossed his mind. Someone was playing political games making him bring this one along. Though at least this time they had the decency of introducing him rather than having someone trail along getting in the way. Now what's his name? Hmmm ... Maybe I'll bother to learn it if he makes it through the next few days alive.

Realising he'd got lost in his own thoughts again, Maximoze pulled himself up out of the beaten old chair he walked over to his fellow Inquisitor.

Placing an understanding hand on his shoulder. "While I encourage your zeal brother may I recommend a little forethought. While it can be good for your ego flashing that rosette about, it doesn't always have the intended effect."

"Take our current quarry. He's got eyes everywhere figuratively and some say quite literally as well." Pointing back to the feeds still playing in the background. "Now if I let you go and smash those Goons with that big hammer of yours shouting "Heretic!!!", what do you think will happen to their leader? How long have I been after him?"

Still no sound emits from the other Inquisitors throat. But his face says it all as he realises maybe the teachings he held in such reverence were flawed.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure your fancy weapon and those servitors will come in handy when the real fighting happens. But for now let me demonstrate how a little finesse and subterfuge can get me into the heart of the vipers nest."

Realising he risked demoralising the lad he tapped the head of the hammer with his foot. "I'll need you to be ready to smash things a little later though so don't get any ideas about ditching that hardware. My life and that of this whole planet may rely on the Inquisition making an overtly grand appearance tomorrow."

"Ahh ... Now I get it!" The other Inquisitor replies feeling a bit better about himself. "It's so much easier to apply the scalpel when everyone is looking the other way."

"Yes my lad." Maximoze sighs, maybe there's promise for the lad yet?

Lol ... I'm not just doing a single Inquisitor.

There will be a mix of them from several different Inquisitorial factions covering all 3 major Ordos and maybe a few less known ones. Maximoze the model I'm currently working on will have a mix of different agents and each of them will not openly be Inquisitorial. Though hopefully when collected together they'll make sense as an Inquisitors retinue.

I've got some fluff and background for some other Inquisitors from last time I took part (and failed) in this challenge. I'll be re-writing them into the current models fluff. That was my first draft which was written off the cuff. Will polish it a bit and then hopefully it'll make a bit more sense. There's a few bits I want to change straight away.

The character he's talking to will have been trained by the female character I failed to complete last time around. I lost her head and never finished the model so I'll be knocking back to black the model adding a new head and having another go at getting it painted. He's going to have all the overtly fancy =][= icons and be very much what you expect an Inquisitor to be as represented on the table top.

Is this any better?

2nd draft ...

Watching the ghost-pics Maximoze noticed a flash of something glinting behind him. "Could you make that armour any more conspicuous brother?"

Just a faint sound emitted from the younger Inquisitors throat. Was it frustration or embarrassment?

Maximoze didn't care which, he'd spent too long hunting this heretic to have some young fool spoil everything flashing his rosette around making himself a big target in his overly polished armour.

Chuckling to himself as the thought of using the whelp as a diversion to the real task crossed his mind.

Someone was playing political games making him bring this one along. Though at least this time they had the decency of getting him to introduce himself beforehand. It beat having an amateur trying to trail him and getting in the way.

I really must look into who keeps sending these colleagues along to help at some point, he mused.

Now what's his name?

Hmmm ... Maybe I'll bother to learn it if he makes it through the next few days alive.

Realising he'd got lost in his own thoughts again, Maximoze pulled himself up out of the beaten old chair and walked over to his fellow Inquisitor.

Placing an understanding hand on his shoulder Maximoze tried his best fatherly look. From the look on the other Inquisitors face it wasn't working.

"While I encourage your zeal brother may I recommend a little forethought. While it can be good for your ego flashing that rosette about, it doesn't always have the intended effect."

"Take our current quarry. He's got eyes everywhere figuratively and some say quite literally as well." Pointing back to the feeds still playing in the background. "Now if I let you go and smash those Goons with that big hammer of yours shouting "Heretic!!!", what do you think will happen to their leader? How long have I been after him?"

Still no sound emits from the other Inquisitors throat. But his face says it all as he realises maybe the teachings he held in such reverence were flawed.

"Don't worry about it, I knew your mentor well. Hearts in the right place ... but ... well ... let's just say she had less charm than a Catachan Devil." Maximoze attempted to smile, it just looked like a less severe frown thanks to the skin grafts still healing. "I'm sure your fancy weapon and those servitors will come in handy when the real fighting happens. But for now let me demonstrate how a little finesse and subterfuge can get me into the heart of the vipers nest."

Realising he risked demoralising the lad he tapped the head of the hammer with his foot. "I'll need you to be ready to smash things a little later though so don't get any ideas about ditching that hardware. My life and that of this whole planet may rely on the Inquisition making an overtly grand appearance tomorrow."

"Ahh ... Now I get it!" The other Inquisitor replies feeling a bit better about himself. "It's so much easier to apply the scalpel when everyone is looking the other way."

"Yes my lad." Maximoze sighs, maybe he'll last a bit longer than I first thought.

The answer now haunts us, truer than e’er before.

Humanity didn’t find monsters out there, among the glittering stars.

No, we created them ourselves.

And now those stars look back at us with the same feelings of dread and despair.

-Attributed to Remembrancer Sarnell, attached to VIIIth legion

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/Alt1_zpsxhn47fpw.jpg?1475856946993&1475856947947&1475856956999http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/Alt2_zpshie0tjxw.jpg?1475856946993&1475856947947&1475856956999

Christ, that's a lot of blood. Nice work, Aeternas. :tu:

Really like the fluff you're writing, SW1. It's shaping up to be truly epic (also, that Inquisitorial Servitor is just the bee's knees.)

Pyroclast. I mean, what can I say, mate? That Leviathan is just awesome!

Also, probably going to steal that base idea from you at some point Rangaman. The dude trying to crawl out from the Knight kill is lovely.

And codyrstuart, as many have already said, Bran is looking lovely. I had my doubts in the early stages, but now that he's painted more that's comforted me significantly.

Brilliant Sw1!!!! the only thing I found disappointing was that I didn't have more too read ;) awesome stuff brother I can't wait to see more.

and Aeternas that raptor is amazing he looks like he used his claws to swim through a room full of bodies :D I like it

and thanks psycho I'm glad you like him I'm glad my experimental paint shenanigans turned out like they did I'm excited to get on to the detailing now.

I haven't been able to work on my vow very much thanks too adulting and family drama but I have managed to put in a little bit of work on Seren's new armour and I think it's turning out pretty well.

20161007_002828.jpgimagehost

I've still got a couple more layers to do but I think the viper is coming along pretty well and I think it's something I should be able to replicate throughout the force here and there.

Cheers for the comments. I struggle to write normally but let me work on a model and a flood of ideas come all at once. Didn't have any paper to hand at the time so just slapped it down in that first post. Sometimes absolute drivel comes out and other times something workable comes to fruition. :)

Really looking forward to putting the that same conversation down from the view point of the as currently un-named Inquisitor. Already got the model ready to be recycled from the last time round when I failed to paint it up.

Great fluffy story there, SW1! :D I am the only one around here, though, who can't see the pictures you posted? I just see links to them in your gallery. sad.png

Aeternas: that Raptor is brutal. He's thoroughly soaking in blood. A tad too much for my taste, but it's done in a very realistic way, so you pulled it off in my book :tu:

Currently only got access to the internet via an iPhone. This site doesn't like allowing me to copy and paste the correct HTML from the album bit to post actual pictures. So to view them you'll need to click the links.

If a passing mod had a few seconds to spare to edit them I would be greatful as I'm not likely to get into a PC/tablet before Monday/Tuesday.

O ... And I've already got what I hope will be an interesting counter view of the same conversation. Need to give it a lot more thought before I post it though. Lol ... And a painted model as well!!!

Started working on Bran's arms. Here's the idea I have for the axe.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161007_163155_zps4hplccks.jpg

When I don't run him as Bran, he will be an HQ wIthe the Black Death axe. I wanted a black blade with a sickly green glow. Think I have a decent concept, may have to work on the execution.

Christ, that's a lot of blood. Nice work, Aeternas. thumbsup.gif

and Aeternas that raptor is amazing he looks like he used his claws to swim through a room full of bodies biggrin.png I like it

Aeternas: that Raptor is brutal. He's thoroughly soaking in blood. A tad too much for my taste, but it's done in a very realistic way, so you pulled it off in my book thumbsup.gif

Cheers guys :D This was certainly going to be the bloodiest of this claw, wanted at least one who looked like he used his claws to fully rip and tear. The rest will be more limited, hopefully more to Augustus's taste :) I'm not too much of a fan of how ott I went, since between the excessive blood and weathering it covers up a lot of lightning/muscle detail. You'll get some fluff about this one with maybe the 3rd member of the claw ;)

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 1)

Folks,

I think it will be pretty smart to rip off Uveron’s update ‘template’ and make weekly posts to this thread to summarise what’s been happening and any progress I have made. I will try to outline plans and random ponderings, but use my own WIP thread for anything that pops up in the mean time, to avoid clogging this thread. I am going to aim to update on Sundays (work schedule depending) as the weekend is my most productive time, which in turn might help keep me organised. Sadly it failed before it began - as I wrote this up on 5th Oct... Oh well....

Review of Last Week.

This week and indeed the last 3 have been a little bit ad-hoc in regards to hobby stuff, I’ve had a few important job interviews and I’ve had to look after an elderly father who came to visit me in the colonies….. On the plus side it was as my birthday (cool resin gifts) and also real life has resolved itself so I didn’t have to return to the UK later this month!!  I’m now relatively in the clear now October has started!!

So, I’ve been tinkering with the Storm Eagle, as per my last update. It does look pretty cool however there are still gaps to fill and a few more conversions/bits to add to go on. Annoyingly the circuit blew (I think I broke a LED) just as I glued it all together, so I’ve had to rewire bits and replace stuff. I’ve made the circuit more robust, protecting it with heat shrink. It’s working again, but I’ve yet to put it together.

Sadly I’ve lost a headlight cluster from the Storm Raven kit, so if anyone has a spare from an Eagle build or anything, please let me know!!

Plans for this Week.

This week will see a bit of a break from the Eagle, or else it may take an unwilling flight somewhere…..

I purchased a Deredo from Kurama, so I’ve spent the week stripping it down and preparing it for ‘Bling’. My plan is to EC it up and add a little ‘darker’ semi deviant twist to represent the fact it is Kurama in dreadnaught form. I am hoping to magnetise bits this week and get the basic model posted. I might also get a Contemptor similarly magetised whilst I’ve got the drills out…. As Kurama is on a BYE, I figured it’d be good to have him here in a semi corrupted Iron form

I will look to get a layer of pink down on the Land Speeder and the Praetor; then I can work on the pinks along side the already based Apothecary. I also need to figure out how to arm the speeder…..

Future Prep.

I am thinking of putting in an Armies on Parade this month, so I’d need to build a board… I reckon I can pull this off, as I’ve got a day off going begging….. I can use my existing ETL army and create somewhere to put these reprobates! I might even get my praetor done for the occasion…..

Since the Psycho has kindly allowed my batch painted base coated Tacticals, I might have to push them to the front of the queue as well that will then give me 10 Marines, 5 Support, 5 Terminators, 1 Apothecary, 1 Sicaran, 1 Rhino, 1 Xiphon and a Contemptor!! An almost respectable force!

I’ll wait until I’ve got the board sorted – if it looks a goer, I can add 195pts of tooled up tactical goodness to the mix!

Okay so it was my intention to do an update on how I have been going with things but I must say I am not yet ready to do so.  Progress has been somewhat side swiped following the death of both of my wife's Grandmothers in the last week, one last Saturday then the other on Sunday.  Much of my attention has and will be for the next week or so on my grieving wife and her family.  This, coupled with me now being transferred to an even further from home store as well as several other sucky RL things has meant that things are a little up in the air.

Thats not to say I haven't been productive however and am nearly through painting the first combat squad of marines and am waiting till I finish the last marine to post the update.  This, despite everything, is by far the fastest painting rate I have ever had in my entire hobbying career of a good fifteen years or so now.  This coupled with a changing roster that should, hopefully, allow me to get more painting in on the days I work, at the cost of a day off a week.  At this rate I should hopefully finish up this months commitment early.

Regardless the next couple of days are hectic with the one funeral we can attend (the other was in Adelaide, half way across the country and where we have just returned from and can't afford flights there again so soon) and my work mucking me around so I doubt I will get my Week 1 Update up till Tuesday.  Monday night at the very earliest.

Good work though from all you guys and keep painting.  Look forward to whats on the cards for the next week.

I'm currently stumped as to how I can tie in these Priests I've now started to paint into the fluff/story line I have going.

I really wanted to do some writing as I painted but may have to just leave them as a bit of an unknown for now.

Here's the links to my album for the first priest (still at WIP stage):

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/193623-image/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/193624-image/

Pretty happy with how he's coming along. Just need to pick up the pace and get them all sorted now. ;)

Edit: I will get proper internet access probably tomorrow and will update with the pics embedded ASAP.

Jesus, SP. Im sorry to hear that man.

It's been a few days, but I have something to show for it. The Curs'd Lord is complete!

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161008_210252_zpsozxmkysy.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161008_210259_zpss1kobuqg.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161008_210312_zpsbsby08zk.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161008_210319_zpsoda3ufjx.jpg

And you wouldn't like him when he's angry

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161008_210206_zpso3tj5qwg.jpg

I am extremely pleased with how he turned out. He is most definitely the centerpiece for my army. Taking a couple days off of painting, but I won't be idle.

Brother SP - Really sorry to hear about that. Loosing one family member is bad enough but two in such a short period of time is a real kicker. Look after your loved ones!!!

it's weird how I start to feel like I'm having withdrawals when I'm away from this site for too long ;)

@Brother SP that's horrible brother I hope everyone in your family is doing alright. It's never easy losing those you love or even seeing the people you care about go through it.

@Codystuart Bran is looking killer bro I especially like him in wulfenform.

So far everything is coming along fantastically I really love how much variety we have in herethe only hard part is controlling myself and not getting sidetracked by all the ideas you guys keep giving me ;)

20161009_221406.jpgimage sharing

20161009_221509.jpgadult image

20161009_221718.jpgupload a gif

So far I'm pretty happy with how my green is turning out the only thing I'm not sure of now is how I should do the highlights I've been watching videos on different techniques and Idk what to do as im worried doing edge highlights like I've done before isn't going to come out very well. Any input here would be greatly appreciated as I'd really like to get them highlighted without having to strip and restart them.

Archived