AETATIS APOSTASIA

The War on Terra

+[ ]+[ ]+[ ]+

Below follows the tale of the tyrant Vandire's fall a the hands of his own Brides, as recorded by Battle-Brother Darrell of the Imperial Fists Chapter [circa. 255.M36];

data compiled, reorganised, revised, and published by Scribe-Adept Zarchenko at the behest of [DATA EXPUNGED];

revised and published by Lady-Inquisitrix Taline Quintilla Vartanian of the Ordo Hereticus [1 748 846.M36].

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane."
– Proverb

+[ ]+[ ]+[ ]+

Raising the Storm

Part I

It was a long and bloody campaign that we were, to be frank, not expecting. Their leader, an insane beast, clung to his life like a leech to a limb. In the end we were denied the honour to execute him. Brother-Sergeant Isgard has instructed me not to hold a grudge against them but I feel that the prize should have been ours. We are descendants of Rogal Dorn, the Emperor's favoured son. We bled the most during the campaign. We were first in and last out. And yet the Angels of Wrath saw it fit to deny us what was rightfully ours. Those young bastards, descendants of the Dark Angels by my guess, intervened during our final confrontation with the Ork leader. I was in the spearhead along with my brothers from 1st Tactical, our Captain and his retinue, and Geiss' 3rd Tactical, slaying any greenskin who stood between us and the warboss. We had just slain the last of the smaller greenskins and were moving to meet the pack of bodyguards head-on when there was a bright flash, a deafening boom. The Angels of Wrath, who's main force was caught up in a meatgrinder about one click northwards, had teleported a squad of Veterans clad in Tactical Dreadnought Armour right into the heart of the horde, twenty metres away from the hulking Ork leader and blasted their way through his bodyguard in a matter of seconds before their Captain, an arrogant bastard by the name of Jazekiel, split him in twain with his power weapon. Remarkable and daring a move as it was, I felt nothing but hatred.
I have been reprimanded on two occasions by fellow brothers and on three by Brother-Sergeant Isgard for my vehemence towards our "brothers". They do not seem to share my disgust or at the very least hide it far better than I do. I have tried to purge while in the embrace of the Pain Glove but it is has taken root in my soul and shall not be removed.
Fate is a fickle thing however and the Angels of Wrath were eventually punished for their arrogance, though in a manner far more extreme and permanent than any of us expected.

+[ ]+[ ]+[ ]+

gallery_45765_7614_512460.png

Pict-capture attributed to Trooper Malek Zanford, 271st Torman Rifles, KIA shortly afterwards.

Visible is Brother-Sergeant Geiss [centre] of the Imperial Fists 5th Battle-Company, leader of the 5th Tactical Squad at the time of the War on Terra against the forces of Goge Vandire, and his brothers-in-arms.

+[ ]+[ ]+[ ]+

[waiting for data inload...]

Colour me interested. The tags alone suggest a lot. I wonder what sort of BA bits you are going to plunder for the Soul Drinkers, eh? Plenty of chalices hiding in there somewhere. ^_^

Archived