I've had a fairly busy summer so have had very little time to work on the files or even look at threads on message boards so sorry for not keeping this one updated. 

I'm trying to work on getting the files working properly again, legion specific rules where added to any unit that has Legiones Astartes and it looks like that's inflated the size of the legion catalogue in memory. Windows users can upgrade their version of Java to the latest 64-bit version and it'll work again (I had that problem as well) Mobile user can't update their java so short of deleting those changes I'm trying to figure how to get it working again.

Slightly related question... is there anywhere I can find BS 1.15 Battlefleet Gothic files?

When 2.0 came out I stupidly updated the data files without reading about the great change, so I can't open any of my lists anymore.  I can't easily recreate them in 2.0 without being able to see them in 1.15.

https://github.com/BSData/battlefleetgothic/releases will have a list of releases, just choose the source code link and it'll have the data files in a zip file.

Hi guys

latest update has removed artillery option from ordo reductor heavy support

Thanks

And Golg from Iron Warriors traitors.
Nur now I can field ultramarines Suzerein Squads, oddly enough.

Both will be fixed in the next release.

All the repositories are gone. 30K is officially dead on Battlescribe. [Heresy] but QM still works

Does anyone know how to go to an earlier release of data or anything?

What's official about it? Appspot has its moments and the repos are usually back within a day. Unfortunately, appspot is out of the control of the catalogue maintainers, it's basically like a magic box to us. It takes files from github and makes them available to the app. We've no idea why it takes down particular catalogues when it does. 

Any idea why the app crashes on an iPhone 6 running on ios 11.0.3 when I try to load an Age of Darkness force org?

More than likely the memory issue with the catalog I'm looking in to. Do you know what version your 6 is?

Slightly related question... is there anywhere I can find BS 1.15 Battlefleet Gothic files?

When 2.0 came out I stupidly updated the data files without reading about the great change, so I can't open any of my lists anymore.  I can't easily recreate them in 2.0 without being able to see them in 1.15.

https://github.com/BSData/battlefleetgothic/releases will have a list of releases, just choose the source code link and it'll have the data files in a zip file.

Many thanks!

A new release is out. This fixes some of the smaller issues like missing Sicarian Varients, equipment for Solar Aux HQ units and Erasmsu Glog/Invictarus Suzerain. Varagyr weren't paying for the second frost weapon and could take a Spartan at 5 models (should be 6). I didn't get the frost weapon for the character in the last run so that will have a cost for the next one.

I'm currently working on the memory issue that's impacting mobile devices, updating some of the blackshield units and adding missing LA rules to Space Wolves specific units.

There is the upcoming release of the HH rule book, we'll see if there's going to be any major changes to add to the workload! It looks like there will be changes to the fortifications and some Lords of War, like the baneblade chassis tanks.

Any idea why the app crashes on an iPhone 6 running on ios 11.0.3 when I try to load an Age of Darkness force org?

More than likely the memory issue with the catalog I'm looking in to. Do you know what version your 6 is?

I have the same problem with my Battlescribe version in my iPad mini 2 with IOS 11.3

It simply crashes when I try to use AoD force org.

Thank you for your work.

New release is live now. Can anyone having loading issues with the Legion file test again please?

I've cleared out more rules and found some that had been added to a Selection Entry Group, you can't do this in the app itself so I'm hoping it was the cause of the memory issue and clearing it out will help.

The legion file is still crashing for me.

I really love Battlescribe and thanks for the support. Understand issues happen and will wait for it to Officially work 100% again and then use it again all the time. 

Toilet time list hammering at work isn't the same now.... :-(

The legion file is still crashing for me.

I really love Battlescribe and thanks for the support. Understand issues happen and will wait for it to Officially work 100% again and then use it again all the time. 

Toilet time list hammering at work isn't the same now.... :-(

Leviathan dread or sicaran? Hmmm I cannot decide.

Let me go sit on my ceramic throne and think it over... 

As of right now, the Heresy files are not available for downloading for the IPhone 6

I stupidly deleted the app thinking to reinstall it and redownload the data.

And now they’re back

I'm still having an issue loading them on my iPhone 6 :/ I tried deleting a few but it crashes when I try to open mine or create a new one.

As of right now, the Heresy files are not available for downloading for the IPhone 6

I stupidly deleted the app thinking to reinstall it and redownload the data.

And now they’re back
I'm still having an issue loading them on my iPhone 6 :/ I tried deleting a few but it crashes when I try to open mine or create a new one.

Same here.

What I meant above is that the data files are back.

The app still crashes anytime I try to load Age of Darkness force org chart.

By using the allied detachment, I can open the roster and play with options, but the app will continue to crash randomly

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We made a big change. Delete all data and try again.

I did that earlier today.

Now I can open make make lists using the AoD list, but it'll crash every few minutes randomly. 

Same here. App crashes all the time. Also takes ages to load rosters and often crashes whilst trying to load rosters. I have deleted everything (including Dropbox backed-up rosters & data) and reinstalled the App and Data from scratch and it's still crashing randomly.

Hugely disappointed with Battlescribe - it used to be such a solid app, and now it is incredibly unstable, and adding the subscription model at the same time just makes it seem like a cash grab. I paid for a year's subscription last year, but I'm not going to pay another penny until the bugs have been sorted out.

• 1 month later...

Will you be adding the experimental Termite rules from the weekender? I have decent pictures if you need them. Just want to get t in there so I can plan out some Ironwing lists!

Yeap, just working on updating stuff for the new rule book. There's still quite a bit to sort out with the Legion file and need to decide what direction to go (keep it one file or split it into legions, need to see what's feasible with Battlescribe limitations) but the Termite is straightforward so shouldn't take long to add.

Archived