Ordo Reductor 2000 pts

Sol_Invictus

So I'm trying to come up with a list for a tournament I'm planning on participating in next year and trying to avoid the Castellax route and go for something fun with my Ordo Reductor.

Here's what I'm playing with currently

HQ

Archmagos Reductor - 270

Abeyant, Graviton Imploder, Cyber Familiar, 1 x Cyber-occularis, Djinn-skein, photon gauntlet

Troops

Thallax  - 150

3 x Thallax, Multi-Melta

Thallax - 490

9 x Thallax, 9 x heavy chainblade, Melta bombs, Ferrox

Fast Attack 

Avenger Strike Fighter - 190

Battle servitor control, Two kraken penetrator missile

Heavy Support

Krios Venator Squadron - 300

2 x Krios venator

Myrmidon Destructors - 385

2 x Graviton imploder, 1 x photon thruster cannon, Triaros w/ Blessed Autosimulcra, hunter killer missile

Minotaur Artillery tank - 215

Armoured Ceramite

I'm torn between running the Venators or an Ordo Reductor Artillery battery equipped as follows for which I would drop the upgrades on the Triaros

Ordo Reductor Artillery battery - 310

2 x OR artillery tank, Medusa cannon, Machine spirit, siege plating

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Krios Venators are really good. But so are Medusae! I'd lose the Minotaur in favour of the OR Artillery Battery (provided you can find a few more points).

Graviton imploders are brutal, but on your Archmagos I would take a machinator array instead - much more useful. You could always take graviton imploders on the Myrmidon Destructors? The Archmagos can also take a lot of awesome melee upgrades, like rad grenades, Paragon blade, etc. Maybe invest in some of those?

The massive Ferrox unit is super cool, but if you need some points elsewhere, I would drop a few to help pay for them.

I just like the Minotaur so dang much. The look on my opponent's face when I pull out the massive blast template is just priceless and it tends to divert their attention a bit too but I will consider dropping it in place of the ORAT.

So I forgot to mention that I'd be running the magos with the Myrmidons so I figured the grav imploder would be a good choice with that group but you're thinking make the magos more cc oriented?

Yeah, the Ferrox squad might be a bit big. I might drop it down to 6 and put the other 3 back into the other thallax squad or break them out into another 3 man multi-melta squad.

Ok, here's my revised list based on some of the feedback I've received. 

HQ 
Archmagos Reductor - 310 
Abeyant, Machinator Array, Paragon Blade(Master Crafted), Cyber Familiar, 2 x Cyber-occularis, Djinn-skein, Rad Grenades 

Troops 
Thallax - 150 
3 x Thallax, Multi-Melta 

Thallax - 310 
6 x Thallax, 6 x heavy chainblade, Ferrox 

Thallax - 145 
3 x Thallax, Phased Plasma-Fusil 

Fast Attack 
Avenger Strike Fighter - 190 
Battle servitor control, Two kraken penetrator missile 

Heavy Support 
Krios Venator Squadron - 300 
2 x Krios venator 

Myrmidon Destructors - 385 
3 x Graviton imploder, Triaros w/ Blessed Autosimulcra 

Minotaur Artillery tank - 215 
Armoured Ceramite 

I'll be running the Archmagos with the Myrmidons and probably keeping the Thallax with the plasma fusil back in my DZ. Right now I'm leaning towards the Krios Venators over the ORATs just in case I have to deal with other Mechanicum lists but I'll see how they do in play test. 

Archived