Old School Metal Guard Return

WarriorFish

Courtesy of Maximvs in the N&R topic about the "made to order" from GW:

http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1476194281828.jpg

Kasrkin, various regiments... this is fantastic news! Who else will be joining me in bulking up some collections? I quite fancy the Kasrkin as carapace Vets...

No rumour/news on how the system will work. Hopefully it won't be too expensive, so I'm wondering if some form of bulk/delay system will be in place? Update this topic with more when you find it comrades!

Too early for that duz, this is all we know or has even been rumoured so we'll need to wait to potentially learn more. I'm hoping the cost is appropriate to before as while it'd be easy to beat the second hand prices you can see, straight from the source should be significantly better...

Aw no old metal Cadians? sad.png That's disappointing!

I thought finecast was dead? If they bring it back it needs to be better quality.

I was wondering this, probably less that the Cadian metals are older and more that there's a current plastic line? There are no Catachan here either (other than Marbo) as well as some other choices missing. Perhaps there will be a second wave?

Finecast was definitely taken out back, but that was Old GW. Perhaps New GW will use it here with a different mixture? They could call it Finercast :P

My wallet my poor wallet. But no Mordian assault weapons though shame.

well there is the GL...

Fortunately I'm fairly decked out with GL, Meltas and flamers

Although I wouldn't say no to the latter 2

Another AC would be nice so I can round out at 3 and another LC to make 9. ;)

Bahaha finercast!

Yeh I'm curious to see what they're cast in

It's says October 15th.. maybe there will be other lists of fun items that change every 6 weeks? They will wait until wait until x amount of models are bought before casting them? I would say this will be resin. Looking forward to purchasing models I missed before.

They must then release rules for via data slates for returning characters.

Irony being I have one of those Lord Solar Macharius models in metal that's still NIB and will probably stay that way as I have absolutely no idea when I got it or what I'd do with it *grins*

Now I'd love another couple Kasrkin Sergeants to let me field 4 squads of 5 with different special weapons instead of 2 squads of 10.  Then I've got my 2 squads of really old metal Stormies and now I can add in plastic Tempestus as well.  Ahhh, good times!

Funnily enough, a bloke at my local shop was just expressing his disappointment at the fact that GW did no longer sell the old vehicle crew for his IG. Guess that fixes that problem for him.

But Kasrkin. Prettiest Guard infantry ever made, in my (admittedly not-really Guard-oriented) opinion. Very happy to go buy some.

Some Karskin Meltas and a Techpriest would be nice to acquire. That would give me something to paint at the next ETL. Unless GW release the new 8mm Epic range before, then a whole IG army will turn up at the competitiondevil.gif.

Just to update this, latest scuttlebutt says that these will be in metal as before. That makes sense from my limited understanding of the processes i.e. it's much easier to adopt the originally intended materials, but I was expecting something other than metal. Perhaps that was more hoping! If nothing else this would be a good indicator that New GW is willing to overturn Old GW's decisions, though granted after the Finecast debacle perhaps not the most difficult of decisions in this case :P

The two things that I hope are:

1. They are metal

2. They are relatively close to their original price

I very much doubt that these (and future releases) will be a value option for creating new armies.

I was hoping for something other than metal, as I don't enjoy working with it plus I'd want to do some conversions and the like which are more effort with metal. As for the old Cadians I am hoping they turn up later, but I'm not feeling optimistic confused.gif

Archived