Old School Metal Guard Return

WarriorFish

I'm torn between them being metal. On the one hand it's a more durable material than fine cast but the cost is going to be increased.

Actually looking at it from a purely production point of view, its pewter which is actually quite cheap and pewter casting on a small scale is much cheaper than plastic casting. 

I'd love to get more kasrkin. Especially if they're in metal. It would make my designs on a Solar Auxilia Army even better, since it'll give me special weapons to work with (grenade launchers as rotor cannons, flamers for flamer sections, and lasguns for lasrifle sections). It'll be a heck of a lot cheaper than buying forge world and it would still look proper Solar Auxilia (as I'm currently converting kasrkin lasguns in to volkite chargers).

I just need to get a baneblade now...

This makes me so happy. I'd have settled for plastic Kasrkin, but this is almost better...

£10.50 for the special weapons is quite good too, though I'm wondering about the other Tallarn specials? I'm sure there was a grenade launcher one at the least? :confused:

Apparently GW says they're about for 48 hours, and will stay longer as people buy more? Seems a bit weird, if it's that time sensitive I don't know what my chances are given this was unexpected and I'm not able to drop lots of money on all the stuff I'd like...

The price of the Kasrkin squad is extremely good. Some of the singles are a premium price but that is only to be expected for an 'on demand' service.

I'd say this is a little victory for both GW and consumers :)

The time sensitivity thing seems a bit daft at such short notice though... but I guess it's GW and they like to be a bit odd :D!

Here they are comrades, £25.50 for the 10 Kasrkin isn't so bad. The existing 10 man metal squads are all £20.50 with the exception of the Tallarn, who are £25.50 for some reason.

Holy cow. That comes out to about $31USD. That's much cheaper than you can get them secondhand. I'll most definitely be getting some, if they release stateside (i should hope they do). I'll be getting a couple squads at least, to make my self a Solar Auxilia Lasgun Section, and maybe a flamer section.

I would buy these but they I think they would look out of place alongside my scions :/ (I like to get use out of all my models) which is a shame because they would be super fluffy in my cadian army

Nice work Rich, that will help buy time for the "reinforcements" to make their numbers count for the continuation msn-wink.gif It'll also be good to get first hand experience of how the process works as well as how the models are thumbsup.gif (also selfishly looking forward to seeing you paint them!)

I would buy these but they I think they would look out of place alongside my scions :/ (I like to get use out of all my models) which is a shame because they would be super fluffy in my cadian army

I'll be using mine as carapace Vets, plus the odd Inquisitorial retainer - there's room for both if you want biggrin.png

The Announcement is up on the US site, and the 10 man Kasrkin are currently sitting at $41.25USD. That's about $10 more than I anticipated given thee exchange rate. Still cheaper than you can get them secondhand though. Might drive the secondhand prices down though since people won't be willing to shell out $50-$60 for a squad of 10, when they can get them $10-$20 cheaper.

I still intend to get some (a few really) to flesh out my solar auxilia force.

Part of me feels the fingers this puts up at the second hand scalpers is actually the best thing :P

I had a look on ebay yesterday and there are still listings on there for a 2nd hand squads at £45+

GW re releasing these should drive all of the prices down

I hope that this is the beginning of the return of the old Mail Order Trolls. Where you could just pick up one of these books in a store and order the models or parts you wanted.

I remember those... I had one that I flipped through so many times the pages started to fall out.

The remaining models are only available until tomorrow according to GW, so I'll be raiding tonight methinks. BoP will be out for a while so it makes sense to jump on this first.

14680821_1703821493271816_26137344215617

The question is how much do I buy? There's lots of awesome but only so much money to go around...

GW if you're reading this - this is why we want advance notice on things!

Archived