Inquisition Transport Colors

Malcifer

So, I have received some of my model kits for Inquisition Transports and I am trying to settle on a color scheme.  I am considering Red and black, or perhaps Purple with a red stripe with inquisition Symbols.

Do you have any examples of what you have done?  I would love to see them.  Also any suggestions are welcome.

Because I can't paint I went for a simple paint job, a thin black coating over green undercoat then the white back end.

Wanted it to look like my Inquisitor had taken the vehicles from the Guard and done a quick respray :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/colinsb/DSC_0513_zps5d7427ff.jpg

Just gotta be careful with purple and red to make sure you pick the right shades to get good contrast between them, they can blend together pretty easily.

EDIT: One thing that would be possible to make your concept easier is something like a thin white border on the edges of the red stripe to help it stand out more.

I think your ideas sound good. Black with some white and red is the classic Inquisition colour, but you can do what you like. For example the grey of casb's look good and Inquisitorial and I painted up a personal Land Raider for my Inquisitor years ago entirely in his heraldic red :D

Here are some pics of my =][= transports:

med_gallery_66537_9465_107855.jpg

med_gallery_66537_9465_303798.jpg

med_gallery_66537_9465_100125.jpg

med_gallery_66537_9465_34341.jpg

... I appear to not have a picture of my completed Land Raider.

Of course, my =][= vehicles are pretty standard, basically a slight variation on what is pictured in the Codex: Witch Hunters book. Your inquisitor can do whatever he darn well pleases and if that means purple, then by the Throne he'll have purple transports! I field an army of purple marines, so I can give you an idea of the purple and red I use:

med_gallery_66537_10027_44019.jpg

The purple is Naggaroth Night --> Xereus Purple --> Genestealer, and the red is a base of Khorne Red with a lighter red on top (I forge the name, perhaps Wazdakka?) with the appropriate shades. They contrast well.

Archived