I am the Arch Fiend, aka Biohazard’s Undivided Chaos log

Biohazard

Thanks guys.

BrotherJim, please do look around. :)

The Traitor, I wanted the jump pack to look like the NL badge as soon as I saw the wings I was going to use. The claws did take a while. The base for them is obviously from the Warp Talon box, the left claws were from the mk3 guys from the Prospero box. The right Claws are from one of the Cataphractii Termis from the Calth box. They still need the gaps filled etc but I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

Nemac thanks buddy, I probably won't be building many more NLs but I did enjoy this one. Like i said earlier I did try other heads one of which was the NL Terror head but it just didn't have the same menace as this one does.

Hushrong, ha thanks, the guy I built him for is really happy with him as well. :tu:

Cheers bud, the claws weren't that fiddly, I cut them at the knuckles and switched them out. His left hand claw is from the Burning of Prospero marines. I just switched out the fingers and thumbs and tidied up the areas I've had to remove detail from the Raptor claws.

Holy :censored: that Raptor Lord! I don't have much else really, he looks brutal as hell and utterly malevolent. The helmet choice is spot on, perfect canvas for a skull terror marking when the client gets around to painting.

Squigsquasher, thanks buddy. :tu: As for the Shadow War team, see below ;)

Sockwithaticket, thank you! That was my exact thinking. The teeth in the grille would really add to any Terror markings I think.

So a small update for tonight, I've been painting a lot the past couple days, unfortunately it's been walls rather than minis, I did spend a bit of time tonight on getting some paint on the third member of my Warband though.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/C31689B3-CA49-4E38-AC07-DB8F0410549F.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/42B2F1D2-6EB7-48CC-A29C-62A912BEED74.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/EDEA1401-EB0C-4EB7-9189-80471D652AC3.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/8B66CB97-66FA-46F5-A4FF-0FAE3F7E064D.jpg

And with two of the other guys

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/7578651A-838D-49A6-BF19-D762C17AF5C4.jpg

Excellent work on the killteam, buddy! The champ looks hard as nails, and the conversion seems kinda "refreshing", for lack of a better word, with an interesting choice of parts that does a great job of visually distancing him from your (equally brilliant) World Eaters. I also agree that the painting on the Nurglite guy's shoulder pad is sublime. The Slaaneshi dog is also pretty cool -- love the painting on his bionic eye!

If I have one piece of criticism, it's that I think the black armour parts could look a bit more interesting -- maybe some very subtle sponging of silver and careful drybrushing some brown or beige on the feet would do the trick?

Yep, those Shadow War dudes are looking ace. The spiked mohican on the Slaaneshi Marine is a really nice touch. I've just bought Shadow War: Armageddon myself and from the read I've had so far it looks like an awesome set of rules. I can't wait to see what else you come up with for it!

If you're planning on including any worthless meat shields cultists, I reckon old Necromunda gangers with subtle conversions would look good for them. They're mostly great sculpts and fairly cheap on eBay. Escher gangers in particular would work well for Slaaneshi cultists. They are metal and OOP though, so that is an issue.

Thanks for all the comments folks. Had a pretty full on weekend, I was my birthday on Friday so been non stop since then.

ThousandEyes, that's a great idea with the extra blades and I think I can sort that out. :tu:

Kraut, thanks buddy, I've been enjoying working on something with a few different styling cues to my WE but my full BL force will have some red spot colours to tie them to my WE in bigger games. Also I've still to really finish these guys. If you look at the Nurgle guy I've added a little weathering to his feet. I still need to go back and work on his backpack etc as well. I'm also torn as to what colour to paint the Champs power sword.

Hushrong :D

Squigsquasher, thanks buddy. I will have some meat shields but I'll probably just be using the standard kit. I've planned to use some converted Cadian cultists for my WE for a few years but I rarely use them in games. That may change when 8th drops though.

SystemSyn, thanks buddy. Like I say really enjoying working on this team.

• 4 weeks later...

Small update, I've been building some plague zombies from Mantic for the upcoming 8th Edition release. I plan to have Typhus and a whole swarm of Poxwalkers, I have almost 60 zombies before the box set comes out but I needed the man himself. I tried my hand at a Typhus model a few years back but I couldn't get it quite how I wanted it. Looking at the aesthetic of the new models gave me a few more ideas, this is still very early WIP, obviously needs a load of GS to blend the belly pieces and the hive on his back.

Ignore the Claw as I'm not very happy with it, I may switch it out for a hand holding some of the heads from the Plague Bearer kits. I've still to build Manreaper as well but I have a few bits collected for that. I may also switch the head out as well. I wanted the dark mysterious faceless look but not sure if a helmet could work better. Or maybe a rebreather mask so I can paint some really sickly skin?

Anyway, I'm spitballing ideas as I write this but here's what I have so far.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/A10805D4-5280-4911-A1F1-E185888BCD54.jpg

Oh yeah. Yeah. That is looking good! Definitely want to see more progress on him.

And the mantic zombies are sweet. I got free ones years ago from some promotional thing and they put the gw ones to shame.

I normally don't like such cannon fodder but I enjoyed using typhus in a pox box and I am looking forward to seeing yours.

Typhus is looking really cool so far! I think his legs are spread apart a little wide though. For his claw hand a potential option could be him holding a corpse being rotted by the destroyer hive. I think the hooded head would work better than a helmeted or rebreather head. Excited to see what else you do with him!

Holy crap, that is one awesome looking conversion! Can't wait to see how he turns out when he's done. I'm also doing a Typhus conversion at the moment and I may well have to pinch a few of your ideas.

I'm acually a fan of the hooded head, I think it sits really well with the whole model. Especially with the hood fully tucked inside the armour.

Archived