I am the Arch Fiend, aka Biohazard’s Undivided Chaos log

Biohazard

Quixus, thanks and Crimson Hand nailed it, the legs are from the Oblits. :tu:

Hushrong, cheers buddy, I have a box of the sci fi ones and some of the fantasy style ones. They'll all look good as diseased Imperial Citizens. :tu:

Vairocanum, thanks for the suggestions, I've actually switched the Claw out for now. Hope you like it. And I agree on the hooded head. I've put a helmet on him for these next pics but I think I'll switch back to the hood.

SystemSyn, cheers buddy. I really like the hooded head as well. Like I say I'll probably be sticking with it as I go on. I could even try adding a rebreather to the hooded face just to see how it would look.

Distriya, thanks bud. The Dreads Blast master was made by squaring off the Ven Dread assault Cannon and adding a few Necron bits around it and a missile from the Ravenwing upgrade sprue to the front. Then I added a dirge caster from the Chaos spiky sprue and some chains. Hope this helps. :tu:

Been working a little more tonight, I couldn't focus on Typhus so took a break and built this guy. Still not quite finished but happy with how it's coming along.

Lord on Palanquin of Nurgle,

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/61A43ACA-990F-450A-BE45-201B3FF7669E.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/5C5450B3-281E-454B-9DEA-8E4B41011C81.jpg

Then I went back to Typhus and worked on him a little more. Need to tidy my desk a bit so I can start the gs work now though.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/0E20BBBB-86D5-4E71-8642-9FE325615742.jpg

I'll have him holding either the rotting heads from the Plague Bearer kit or possibly a dying guardsman as suggested above, there was a pretty cool piece of art with typhus holding a guardsmen Im sure.

You say "dead guardsmen" but he says "new recruit" haha. I do think that would be cool. Wasn't the old pic of him crushing a guardsmen's arm? Whatever you do it will look good because he already looks superb.

The palanquin is also great! He looks like the santa of nightmares.

I am looking forward to using the new pox walkers. I want to replay a zombie scenario my buddy and I made up awhile back and I think they will be great.

Thanks bud and Yeah I'm sure that it, I'll have a look through the old codex tomorrow.

My club ran a game at Halloween a few years ago using AoS, there were 6 Heroes on the board, they had to be on foot so no Jugger Lord for me :( The 6 heroes had to then defend a church in the middle of a village against a huge hoard of zombies (300+) that just kept respawning, if the defenders held out for 5 turns then a holy light or something erupted from the church with a 6" area of effect and it did mortal wounds to the zombies. I've been wanting to run something similar in 40k for a few years now but have an Arbites station or the like besieged and turn 5 an orbital strike could hurt the zombies. Etc I'm thinking that with this new edition it could be the time to go for it. :tu:

That sounds awesome. I had been fiending for some fantasy and have been tantalized by Skirmish...but what I really want is Mordheim.

I think your twist on such a scenario would be sweet. We copied something I saw called "Escape from Nu Ork" where kill teams were trying to steal the last flyer out of town. We put a few twists on there like having to find the ignition code before you could take the flyer. We even tried rolling the dice to see how the little groups of zombies moved randomly until they became aware of the teams. It was fun but brutal. We want to try it again but with tyranids. We will call it Bill Paxton in honor of his role in Aliens.

Awesome update! I think the lord on the palanquin would look even better if he was more bloated and gross. As for the Typhus, he is looking really good with the power fists! Definitely looking forward to seeing what else you do with him!

Yeah... that Typhus is looking fantastic so far! I love the pose, the stuff on his back , his awesome scythe, and his helmet - but I wouldn't disount the 'mysterious hooded face with a rebreater idea' either. How about using the original face and sculpting a simple rebreather on his face? Shouldn't be too much hassle, would it? 

The palanquin is coming along nicely, although I would suggest bulking out the carrying nruglings a bit more - it seems to me those four single nurgling arms couldn't physically carry that amount of weight...

The palanquin is coming along nicely, although I would suggest bulking out the carrying nruglings a bit more - it seems to me those four single nurgling arms couldn't physically carry that amount of weight...

They're daemons, they aren't wholly bound to the laws of physics. I think it would be even funnier if many nurglings supported the palanquin, standing on fewer and fewer nurglings, ending in only one or two touching the ground.

Man, leave it to you to come up with the most original kitbashes for chaos characters, buddy :wink:

I was going to comment on the somewhat awkward leg pose on the first Typhus mockup, but it works much better on the updated conversion. As for the head, I really like both options, and ultimately, I think the question is whether you actually want this to *be* Typhus (in that case, the helmet would be the better choice) or an original character that uses his statline and rules (which would make the head the more original and interesting choice). As for adding a rebreather to the hooded head, the plastic Cadian command squad rebreathers are just perfect for such an endeavour!

If I can make one suggestion, I think he'll need some chainmail bits in addition to all the gribbly parts ;)

That palanquin Lord is also quite something! Brilliantly icky and disturbing! Does he actually have a pair of legs underneath it all, or does his whole lower body just fuse together with those corpses into one huge, snail-like mess? On second thought, I can probably guess the answer... :wink:

Cheers for the comments folks. I'll see what I can do about adding a few more Nurglings underneath the Palanquin. And just for Kraut here's a look from a more top down view.

Here you can see the gap beneath him that will be filled with gs. I still have a few more Nurglings to add as well. I also switched the power fist for one of the claws from the MKIII kit. I think it looks a lot more sinister.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/F0EE2D06-8E74-458E-904B-0A222F54481E.jpg

Also here's a few different hooded options. I've still to locate my IG rebreather to try that option out but here's the 3 I've been messing about with.

Decided to really push the Reaper aesthetic

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/E1BD9B0A-523A-4A04-BDB5-A6E5E0A80005.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/A566F19A-2D27-4F12-81A9-9FA89D7EFDEE.jpg

And the other two hooded options, I really like the idea of him being completely faceless

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/26494B79-C505-4D51-A1FE-7009450CAA17.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/B1375D9C-564A-407A-9BFB-F9C70660DB07.jpg

And here's a few scale shots of him, just so you can see how rotund he really is. :)

Standing next to a paint in progress Abby who's standing on a healthy scenic base.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/A492F4A7-306B-4431-B0C2-EC6D82952DDE.jpg

And amongst some of his followers

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/033E8DE4-5C05-426E-BE2D-23C8C7F5F7EC.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Black%20Legion/BE03E152-8BC8-4356-96B6-66FDCDE380FE.jpg

Oh man, I wasn´t expecting such crazy stuff like that Nurgle Lord! This is the stuff which will give me a heart-attack one day with all that craziness...

I think I would saw a bit off off one horn to make him more "half-broken nurgly", but it might hurt to mutilate such a prizey bit... :/

Faceless would be cool, or maybe just be able to see his teeth paring from behind a crooked grin.

Also, will his arms be tuck in close to his torso? From the angles pictures they look kind of too far away from the body than they should be.

Lastly: All of those Zombies!!!

These look amazing, it has givent me hope for the oblitz set, should be able to kit bash some better oblitz with there legs. 

I agree the faceless head is the way to go. Keep up the good / inspirational work ;) 

Typhus looks amazing. I love the use of the skeleton on his back, and the Manreaper is great too. I really like the Palanquin lord as well!

If you go for the hooded look, how about using the faceless head and giving it a mask of teeth (as if his entire face was just one massive, rotten rictus grin)?

Cheers for the feedback folks,

Lord Velype, I'll have a look at that, his head is made from a Chaos Knight helmet with the horns from the Dark Vengeance lord. :tu:

Hushrong, no you're right the arms are a little dodgy just now, I plan to hollow out the Oblit shoulder pads a little and use standard Termi arms in there. once I decide which hand he'll be carrying Manreaper in I'll fix the arm position.

SystemSyn, steal away buddy. :tu:

Terimus, the double PF is to help with the scale a little. He looks a bit strange with standard arms.

Ferrus Manus, It would more than likely be half a guardsman but I'll mess about with a few different options. ;)

Sagentus, it isn't a bad kit with a few little tweaks it can be made to look really good.

Squigsquasher, I like the sound of that and in fact Guitarasmus did something similar a few years back. You'll see my version borrows quite heavily from some elements of his model. I think I'll be sticking to the faceless hood just now. Hopefully it'll work with some paint on it.

:EDIT: Actually, looking at his again (it's been a while since I looked at it) mine borrows a LOT from his design! Doh!

Typhus is looking really well there, bravo. But can I suggest he not be holding any sort of trooper in his hands? I think tying the model down to fighting one enemy can diminish the look. Trophies yes but nothing mid combat. Just my own view.

Looking forward to seeing how the green stuff adds to it.

Cheers for the feedback folks,

Lord Velype, I'll have a look at that, his head is made from a Chaos Knight helmet with the horns from the Dark Vengeance lord. :thumbsup:

Ah ok, I thought it was one of the Varanguards` ...

I love the chaplain head under the hood - but squigsquasher's idea of a rictus of grinning teeth under the hood sound great too. In any case, if your going for option three, you have to do some work - because right ow it just looks like you cut away the face (but I'm sure you weren't going to leave it like that. :)

Archived