77th Solar Auxilia Cohort "The Lost Battalon"

Ulrik_Ironfist

I've decided to go over to the Horus Heresy realm. So I will be converting my guard (mostly) to serve as Solar Auxilia. The majority of my army will be made up of Kasrkin. These Kasrkin will be my Veletarii (for those not in the know, they're basically stormtroopers only better). When my made to order models arrive, I'll have:

HQ:

Lord Marshal (Played by Lord Solar Macharius)

Tactical Command Section (Basically a Company Command Squad)

Troops:

3x Veletarii Sections (equipped with volkite chargers, which I'll be doing with green stuff).

1x Veletarii Section (Equipped with Rotor Cannons, I'll be using the grenade launchers from all my squads).

1x Lasrifle Section (basically a 20 man Guardsman squad with carapace armor).

Fast Attack:

2x Thunderbolt fighters

1x Leman Russ Vanquisher

Heavy Support:

2x Leman Russ Incinerator (modified from executioners)

2x Leman Russ Demolisher

My Russes will all be magnetized, of course, to service multiple army builds.

Fluff Time:

During the Horus Heresy, the 77th Auxilia Cohort was dispatched to the planet Arrakis to protect the verdant world from the onslaught of a traitor cult. This cult, dedicated to slaanesh proceeded to carve its way through the local people, gleefully slaughtering anyone that resisted. The cults took many of the population as slaves, for their sic pleasures. When the 77th arrived they met heavy resistance. One of their battalions became cut off in one of the forests near the the northern polar region. This battalion remained cut off from aid for 30 days, subsisting on what they could hunt from the local forest, and what they could scrounge from the bodies of their enemies.

When informed that they were surrounded, one young officer remarked "Good, then they have nowhere to run!" The battalion fought long and hard, loosing many of its number to enemy action, and almost as many to infection.

Other elements of the 77th were able to break through and reach their lost battalion. Only to be present when a force of traitor World Eaters arrived and bombed the planet from orbit. Many elements of the 77th were stranded in the mid latitudes, as the surface was ravaged. The Lost Battalion and the Imperial Knights that had been their salvation were now stranded on this world...

The 77th fought on, through this, though it had now lost its unit cohesion. The Lost Battalion fought a protracted battle of attrition against the World Eaters, and eventually drove them out of the north.

The 77th integrated into the population, many of their Auxiliaries, militiamen drawn from other worlds, settled with the nomads of the mid latitudes, becoming desert dwellers. The Elite Veletarii and other Auxiliaries formed the core of the northern and southern tribe's military forces. Some industry was established on the world by the Mechanicum auxliaries the 77th had brought with them.

To this day the traditions of the 77th live on in the Arrakeen regiments of the Imperial Guard...

If you're interested I have a sister log in the Age Of Darkness Subforum, here

Here's a picture of my army's conversion progress:

IMG 8796

So many Kasrkin! Looks like a great start to me already thumbsup.gif

I'll be fielding 45 kasrkin models, plus 20 Cadians, and I plan to get more troopers to build a second lasrifle section, and some to build a couple flamer sections. After that, I'll be building the Militia Auxiliary (40 more men, which will be converted to be my desert raiders).

I also plan to add a Stormlord, as transport for the Command section and my engineseer auxilia.

I do need suggestions on making the 4 servo automata that unit needs (I have the Techpriest).

Archived