[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

Another question about the rules guys. So our good old Valdor has a WT which grants all Legio Custodes units free transponder. What about the dreads? Do they get free DS too?

Read through the thread :P

You'll see its a contested topic as it's not really clear... It's not like the Legions where you have an LA rule, the only indication we have is the names of the unit. Which the dreads do have...

But they have no way to take transponders normally, so I'm not sure if they are supposed to be included in this. It's one to talk about to your opponent/ TO etc

Another question about the rules guys. So our good old Valdor has a WT which grants all Legio Custodes units free transponder. What about the dreads? Do they get free DS too?

Read through the thread :P

You'll see its a contested topic as it's not really clear... It's not like the Legions where you have an LA rule, the only indication we have is the names of the unit. Which the dreads do have...

But they have no way to take transponders normally, so I'm not sure if they are supposed to be included in this. It's one to talk about to your opponent/ TO etc

Ah thx! It just seems weird to field the dread on board and run it right towards the enemy and we don't get to put hands on the precious dread pod.

Question - this may have been answered already, but I;m interested in the tank shield captain everyone talks about... I'm assuming he is named as such because he has a shield+cyber familiar (and thus a 3++ relrollable)? How does he compare to Valdor? Which one is the 'best'? And what are the pros and cons of each?

Question - this may have been answered already, but I;m interested in the tank shield captain everyone talks about... I'm assuming he is named as such because he has a shield+cyber familiar (and thus a 3++ relrollable)? How does he compare to Valdor? Which one is the 'best'? And what are the pros and cons of each?

Valdor is good in his own right as he's great at killing better so than the tribune and his Warlord trait is really good as it litterally saves you points.

The tribune is an unkillable beast and puts out decent damage in his own right.

Ah, thanks guys. So they're both pretty beastly...

I'm probably going to run a custodes allied detachment with my Salamanders, maybe ~500-1000 points, depending on the game. In an allied detachment, is one better than the other? And what do people run in smallish allied detachments, given the everything is so expensive points-wise? Sorry for all the questions lol :unsure.:

I'm probably going to run a custodes allied detachment with my Salamanders, maybe ~500-1000 points, depending on the game. In an allied detachment, is one better than the other? And what do people run in smallish allied detachments, given the everything is so expensive points-wise? Sorry for all the questions lol :unsure.:

You can't take tankbune at less than 2k. You don't gain valdors trait if custodes are not your primary but he's better in low point games due to eternal warrior.

I'm probably going to run a custodes allied detachment with my Salamanders, maybe ~500-1000 points, depending on the game. In an allied detachment, is one better than the other? And what do people run in smallish allied detachments, given the everything is so expensive points-wise? Sorry for all the questions lol :unsure.:

You can't take tankbune at less than 2k. You don't gain valdors trait if custodes are not your primary but he's better in low point games due to eternal warrior.

At lower points Valdor is definetly the choice eternal warrior makes a huge difference and without it the shield captain actually isn't thought than him does less damage and is only slightly cheaper.

so my buddy is looking to put together a 1k  zone mortalis list for the event on the 29th , he asked me about a list considering hes got a lot of models at his disposal but hes not sure how to set them up , he also has one spear contemptor , if anyone would be so kind as to suggest a solid  to competitive 1k zone mortalis list that I can pass on to him , I would appreciate it. 

At lower points Valdor is definetly the choice eternal warrior makes a huge difference and without it the shield captain actually isn't thought than him does less damage and is only slightly cheaper.

You still need 40 wounds to kill a shield captain through his 3++ rerollable and only str 10 kills him outright. Valdor is better at surviving str 10, but the shield captain can survive 4 times the amount of wounds otherwise....

You still need 40 wounds to kill a shield captain through his 3++ rerollable and only str 10 kills him outright. Valdor is better at surviving str 10, but the shield captain can survive 4 times the amount of wounds otherwise....

But every isn't anti death or s10 weapon in the game will be targeting that sheild captain and it just takes 1 failed save early and we'll the 3++ reroll won't save 40 wounds.

Has Valdors rule been FAQ'd or answered by FW.

it say that legio custodes get free teleport transponders.

ive seen a few arguements on the net some people saying this mean deepstriking dreads other saying it only applys to units that already have access to them.

Has Valdors rule been FAQ'd or answered by FW.

it say that legio custodes get free teleport transponders.

ive seen a few arguements on the net some people saying this mean deepstriking dreads other saying it only applys to units that already have access to them.

None yet. We all await with bated breath.

But every isn't anti death or s10 weapon in the game will be targeting that sheild captain and it just takes 1 failed save early and we'll the 3++ reroll won't save 40 wounds.

There's vindicators, medusas and what, the deredeo lascannon that's str 10 outside of superheavies? Most lists dont have any of those and while medusas are the most common, they're also being affected by arae shrikes.

Fun fact, it still takes 10 wounds to force a fail on the 3++ reroll, so its the exact same amount that would be required to kill valdor

IF Phalanx Warder power axe or Tartaros power axe on my Vexilla bearers ?

Which ones would look more appropriate ?

Have a look at the Sanguinary Guard power axes, two types, single headed and double headed. Both are fairly blinged out in a Custodes consistent style and are the right scale. Only problem is that the hand is on the same side as the vexilla.