+Burning of Prospero: Conversions & Ideas for the New Box+

Major_Gilbear

They can if they are fists

I know Fists can but, the rules say "terminator armour or Cataphracti terminator armour".

Just regular terminator armour is indomitus, e.g. 5++ relentless no sweeping. So worse Tartaros.

But Tartaros is not named, so it's actually illegal.

I don't care either way, I'd use them as indomitus if my opponent had a problem with it. While I think your interpretation of their use of the word "regular" is valid, I don't think it is the only valid interpretation, especially in the context of preheresy and the heresy itself, where what constituted "regular" armor changed. Since there is a different point cost for cataphractii armor vs "regular" armor, presumably because of the 5++ vs the 4++, "regular" could also just mean any terminator armor with a 5++ save. Rather than use a vague word like "regular" they should have explicitly said indomitus armor or explicitly disqualified tartaros.

*quick edit: they don't use the word "regular" - they use the word "standard" but the analysis is still the same.

They can if they are fists

I know Fists can but, the rules say "terminator armour or Cataphracti terminator armour".

Just regular terminator armour is indomitus, e.g. 5++ relentless no sweeping. So worse Tartaros.

But Tartaros is not named, so it's actually illegal.

I don't care either way, I'd use them as indomitus if my opponent had a problem with it. While I think your interpretation of their use of the word "regular" is valid, I don't think it is the only valid interpretation, especially in the context of preheresy and the heresy itself, where what constituted "regular" armor changed. Since there is a different point cost for cataphractii armor vs "regular" armor, presumably because of the 5++ vs the 4++, "regular" could also just mean any terminator armor with a 5++ save. Rather than use a vague word like "regular" they should have explicitly said indomitus armor or explicitly disqualified tartaros.

*quick edit: they don't use the word "regular" - they use the word "standard" but the analysis is still the same.

What do you think "regular" terminator armour is if not 2+/5++/no sweeping advance? Tartar Sauce TDA differs from that mould, as does Cataphractii TDA. This is not rocket science.

A little late to the party, but finished a quick proof of concept I had in my head after seeing the Custodes bits:

https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-nzz9w6W/0/L/image-L.jpg

Congratulations KBA, you've done an amazing job there. Your kitbashed Custodes looks far better than the standard out of the box ones. They are much more true to the art and look almost graceful rather than simply larger Astartes.

Here's the banner bearer for my Ultramarines' tartaros command squad, to go with my Praetor Tribune. :)

Had to cut the shoulder of the right arm a bit, and shorten the banner pole a tad at the bottom. Also, switched out the sword for one of the hammers from the MKIII sprue. Might pop a UM symbol on top of the banner itself later on.

gallery_92887_12351_89685.jpg

gallery_92887_12351_188234.jpg

All is not yet dust...

I couldn't resist having a bash at the new MKIIIs, I initially thought it'd be a nice idea using a 40k TS torso to spice things up a little. Then I thought i'll need a nice FW head, instead of the plastics, and I thought this IF head worked well....

http://i65.tinypic.com/2uqhqtw.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2807f50.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/34pxv7c.jpg

They're a bit tame compared to some of the awesomeness already posted, but here are a couple of my First Legion Ironclad Veterans:

med_gallery_917_12575_1936368.jpg

Man those DA parts look good on MKIII.

They're a bit tame compared to some of the awesomeness already posted, but here are a couple of my First Legion Ironclad Veterans:

med_gallery_917_12575_1936368.jpg

These guys look absolutely epic! I almost want to get my black painting games on and do some of these bad boys! Great conversions, sometimes less is more, and this really encapsulates what I think the 1st represent! They are death....

Here's the banner bearer for my Ultramarines' tartaros command squad, to go with my Praetor Tribune. smile.png

Had to cut the shoulder of the right arm a bit, and shorten the banner pole a tad at the bottom. Also, switched out the sword for one of the hammers from the MKIII sprue. Might pop a UM symbol on top of the banner itself later on.

gallery_92887_12351_89685.jpg

gallery_92887_12351_188234.jpg

This is what's up. Favourite touch is the hand guard on the hammer.

Archived