Raven Guard 4th Company (Tale of Many Gamers)

Valaas

Wow! That is breathtaking!

Having just completed my monochrome chaplain in black I know how difficult it can be to make black look good.

You nailed it on that dread though!

That's an awesome Contemptor. Kinda makes mine look like a piker.

Well done!

So DAMN Sexy.....Cheers bud, for making it look amazing

Say whhaaaaaat?!

I have a comment: a m a z i n g :thumbsup:

I also really appreciate using the Heavy Bolter versus ... any other weapon.  But really, stomping on the Tau suit is so choice.

Thanks for the great comments guys, they've convinced me that he deserves a shot at a Golden Troll, so think he'll go in for the 40K Vehicle Category (had something else planned, but no way it will get done in time). So one Golden troll entry down, two more to go.....once my Talons Reach Vow is complete :wink:

@Race - Only thing better than a heavy bolter is TWO Heavy Bolters welded together! As for the Tau, for continuity's sake the wrecked suit is a simplified version of the colour scheme of my other army!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

As intimated, my Raven Guard are taking a short break while a I focus on my Golden Troll entries (though given I started a month late and have only 3 weeks, I think the Xenos one will fall by the wayside!).

I will enter the Contemptor I did for Talons Reach , but my main entry will be in the 40K Squad category and will an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor War-band.

This will actually also become my Inquisimunda/Shadow War Team so will not just be for the competition.

I'll get some WIP photo's up tomorrow, but for the moment here is the starting competition line up:

007 zpsaw4co93l

These are the team members who have 'made the cut' for the competition (only so much space on the display stand and don't want to over crowd it.

Other Team members ready to paint but, who will join after the competition are:

- Acolyte - Elysian Sniper

- Acolyte - Ratskin Scout

- Acolyte - Ganger Heavy with Heavy Bolter (just for you Race :wink: )

- Acolyte - Orgyn with Ripper gun and a Slab Shield

I'll post photos tonight and comments and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Valaas

So here are the Golden Troll entering Inquisitorial allies to my Raven Guard, working in the shadows throughout the Damocles War-zone, to undermine Tau efforts to subvert planets to the Greater Good.

Apologies for the picture quality as the camera was struggling to focus on the black or low number of colours. The models are in the very early stages i.e. undercoated/base coating has started, so very much WIP.

Elaith Craulnober - Interrogator

IMG 20170503 013345

Jarlaxle Baenre - Acolyte (Eldar Corsair) (*Race - I checked the forum rules and it said "In some cases, it is reasonable to include some degree of xenos content in images. This largely includes dioramas, Inquisitorial warbands, Chaos cultists (i.e., Lost and the Damned) and similar topics.") if you'd rather he wasn't include here let me know and I can take him down.)

IMG 20170503 013324 zpsa0cchmdf

Roboute Bulnes - Acolyte (Adeptus Arbites) (Head is being painted seperately).

IMG 20170503 013908

Logan - Cyber Mastiff

IMG 20170503 013946 zpsn6oj0b9z

Mortiz Konig - TechAdept ( another head being painted separately)

IMG 20170503 013720

Servo-skull - Medicae

IMG 20170503 014028 zpslnuodvyq

Myrmeen Lhal - Deathcult Assassin

IMG 20170503 013636

Artemis Enteri - Scum (Gun Slinger)

IMG 20170503 013501 zpskl48libh

As always comments, suggestions and questions more than welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

The Interrogator is also a 'Forgotten Realms' Character :wink: .

Big fan of R.A.Salvatore's books and the Forgotten Realms setting, used to have ......15+ years ago a very large collection of the books, but now restrict myself to R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt

series.

In actual fact Valaas is my main SWTOR character name and is an adaption of Valas a dark elf rogue from the War of the Spider Queen series.

You nerd :P

Seriously, looking good :tu:  I'm hoping to see them get painted soon.   Maaaaybe sometime after June :ph34r.:

I'm confident you are 5 by 5 on posting the Warband ... unless I'm wrong :ermm: 

You nerd :tongue.:

Seriously, looking good :thumbsup:  I'm hoping to see them get painted soon.   Maaaaybe sometime after June :ph34r.:

I'm confident you are 5 by 5 on posting the Warband ... unless I'm wrong :ermm:

June I wish!!!!!:wallbash:

Golden Trolls is the 20th on May.....2.5 weeks to get this done and dusted!:jawdrop:

Burning the midnight oil every night...will post WIP as we go over the next couple of weeks 

Ten Days to go and I'm beginning  to see some proper progress....:wink:

Mortiz Konig:

IMG 20170510 073422 zpspkviexgl

IMG 20170510 073432

Artemis Enteri

IMG 20170510 073449

Plan is to get all the characters main painting complete by the end of the weekend, leaving me next week for faces and heads  and all the fiddly little bits of detail.  OH and the display stand of course! :facepalm:

As always, comments, suggestions and questions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

The Inquisitor is definitely a bit of a radical......there is a back story, but I'll leave posting that until A) Work isn't manic and B ) I don't have 10 days to complete a competition entry.

Given that he has an Eldar Pirate as an associate, I think its a given that he might be slightly heretical.

The display base has a plaque with the name of the piece:

"Purge the Xenos.....present company excepted"

The Golden Trolls entry keeps on trucking......definite progress!

Myrmeen Lhal - Death Cult Assassin

IMG 20170512 065929

Initial texturing of the display base.....

IMG 20170512 065908

As always comments, suggestions and questions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

That Death Cult is fantastic! Nice use of the wych parts.

Thanks Firenze, its a mix of Dark Eldar Wych, Imperial Guard (Astra Militarum), with the addition of a head from the Warhammer Fantasy Battle, Dark Elf 'Sisters of Slaughter' kits.

Myrmeen's mask looks like a leering Eldar's face. Is it meant to mock the foul xenos, the way a Halloween mask does? Or is Myrmeen actually a disguised Eldar?

Myrmeen is most definitely a human, though her demonic visage death mask is designed to strike fear into her targets......

So progress.......

I actually lost Fri and Sat nights painting due to last weeks lack of sleep catching up to me.....but last night had a good run at things, I think I'm slightly behind on the models, but quite a bit ahead of schedule on the display base, so I think it balances out. Never the less its going to be a busy (late) 5 nights, to have it ready for display at 10 am on Saturday! Ah well sleeps for the weak!!!!!

Current WIP of the display base:

IMG 20170515 064300

As always comments, suggestions and question welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

Well I am currently at the end of a 9 hour painting marathon overnight (sleep is for the weak), but my inquisitor warband for the Golden Trolls is finished.

No time for detailed photos just now I'll try an grab a group shot when I submit it in 1.5 hours.

Knackered but satisfied!

Hi Guys,

Golden Troll trial by paint brush is over..... given the last minute finish after an all night painting session, I've just got some photo's of my entry in the GW display case.

IMG 20170522 125949 (1)

IMG 20170522 130004 (1)

IMG 20170522 130050

IMG 20170522 130114

IMG 20170522 130025

IMG 20170522 130107

IMG 20170522 130153

And the Result...

IMG 20170520 171459

If folk want to see any close ups of the individual members, I'll be able to take some in the photo light box, in a month or so when they're out of the GW display cabinet.

Now back to planing and constructing my Hidden Hands of the Emperor Vows! (no rest for the wicked).

Cheers,

Valaas

Archived